Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Onslaught] Scoring Should Be Squad Based

Synpai

3 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

think its good the way it is also fit solo players and punish leechers

It's a coop game, killing is not the only role.

I'm not sure how it fits solo players..... unless you're saying "Yay I can be by myself even when I'm apart of the team" then...:thumbup:

Idk about you, but I imagine this is going to be more recruit based than random.

1 minute ago, Synpai said:

I'm not sure how it fits solo players..... unless you're saying "Yay I can be by myself even when I'm apart of the team" then...:thumbup:

Idk about you, but I imagine this is going to be more recruit based than random.

How would one even have leechers on a mode that seems to be akin to Maroo Ayatan ot other locked squad missions? I would agree that preformed squads, Co-op, and can see how scoring being squad based would be a wise decision.

6 minutes ago, Synpai said:

:facepalm: onslaught is all about kills, some ppl play solo due to reasons that sayed u cant compare scores from full team squad with solo guy

indeed in more is more fun but definitely im goin to try this solo 

Edited by HIGHDAMAGE

5 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

:facepalm: onslaught is all about kills, some ppl play solo due to reasons that sayed u cant compare scores from full team squad with solo guy

indeed in more is more fun but definitely im goin to try this solo 

Perhaps what you should be saying is: "There should be a different leaderboard for Solo play." 

Two different things entirely. When you squad up, you don't want to compete with your teammates for score, that just leads to....nonsense.

Edited by Synpai

8 hours ago, Synpai said:

Perhaps what you should be saying is: "There should be a different leaderboard for Solo play." 

Two different things entirely. When you squad up, you don't want to compete with your teammates for score, that just leads to....nonsense.

you've never had friendly rivalries with friends? What you are saying is nonsense...

3 hours ago, Gwimmlord said:

you've never had friendly rivalries with friends? What you are saying is nonsense...

I have, but that's beside the point. They've already noted that it's intention is to be shared, so this is the last I'll say on the matter as I feel directed heat coming at me as if I'm saying there should not be any competition. 

Rather than having a competitive match in [game], you're proposing that the TEAM itself be competitive.

Like if it were basketball, you're saying that rather than just overall points and role specific goals, each player on the team has to make a lot of baskets to be useful.

That's not competitive, it's pseudo-cooperation (or pseudo-competition, or competitive-coop): There are two goals conflicting. A video if you so choose to view it:

Spoiler

So again this is a separate matter entirely; there is validity in both our points, but saying scores should not be total for a squad is bound to cause issues and removed the ideas of roles/teamwork. Because you have to play something (we all know what) that gets the most kills without being able to accidentally assist any of the squad members. It creates an unnecessary conflict when the primary focus should be to do what you can to win.

If I wanted to compete in this instance, I would just run solo and see who can get the higher score. Not to mention scores could be cumulative, but be shown separately similar to conclave.