The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw's and skins.

Hopeofhell

So we know that when it comes to getting a Zaw and building them the player choice they give you is insane and when it comes to raw stats they are next to none.
.... So why is it then that the Zaws we still cant use skins?

I love some of the skins in this game and its honestly a shame i still cant use them on Zaws, Come on DE i payed for the Polearm Diva skin and iv still yet to use it once because of this :sadcry:

If I recall correctly zaws can't use skins due to the zaws being made of 3 separate parts, 4 if you include an exodia, and that you'd need to make a skin for each and every individual combo possible for a skin to work. Cause if you look closely enough to a zaw you'll see that the final product is just a couple of meshes connected together usually through simple clipping of the models.

basically its zaws with 3 to 4 seperate model parts vs. a skin with one model part.

14 minutes ago, Hopeofhell said:

.... So why is it then that the Zaws we still cant use skins?

According to DE:

The system for re-working skins for Zaws is much more complicated than it might appear. The functionality of the Zaws is deeply connected to the Mesh of the weapon. The Mesh determines how the Zaws function, and to change the skin of the weapon would mean changing the functionality of each individual piece for the Zaw. Zaw's and Exodia both require the base assets, looking at the way Balance meshes and projectiles work means that changing the meshes would totally change the performance of the weapon in-game.

We are not saying this will not happen, but it would be a massive undertaking on our end to change the cosmetics when we’re devoted to making other changes at the moment. We’re just saying it's not going to happen anytime soon.  

• 1 month later...

Well, they could atleast make them compatible to skins by weapon classes as a whole. For one, hammer skins working on all hammer types, sword skins working on all sword types, etc. Just change the appearance as a whole, single object. Not something comprised of three parts. 🤔

On 2018-04-24 at 9:56 AM, Nurmetya said:

If I recall correctly zaws can't use skins due to the zaws being made of 3 separate parts, 4 if you include an exodia, and that you'd need to make a skin for each and every individual combo possible for a skin to work. Cause if you look closely enough to a zaw you'll see that the final product is just a couple of meshes connected together usually through simple clipping of the models.

basically its zaws with 3 to 4 seperate model parts vs. a skin with one model part.

I don;t think it's that difficult, the Grip defines the stance type, which in turn can define the skin choice, the Strike and Link is irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a game worker. In fact, Marcus mentioned that the problem stems from the DE's understanding of the plain weapon style. Or, de is to hope that the players on the plains use this style of weapon, in actual work, to replace Skin is just a replacement model, it can be understood as: skin is also a weapon, but the properties of the weapon come from another agreement.

If the weapon is detachable and a new independent animation appears during operation, the original skin needs to be re-created for this triggering method. Obviously, there is no such design.
But I think the real problem is that de is not clearly marked as 'zaw can not use the skin', which is a very serious problem.
Many players like me, after confirming that zaw is a 'heavy blade' after synthesis, are unable to use the 'heavy blade' skin they purchased. This is very frustrating. If you know this, I believe many people will not go to make zaw.

Maybe this is just a way for designers to force players to accept their personal aesthetics.

15 minutes ago, Franken.Darkless said:

I believe many people will not go to make zaw.

Yep. The Zaw appearance is 100% the reason I do not use them other than MR fodder. I don't care if a Zaw gives me 50% more damage than the next best sword, I will not carry around these ugly POS's.  I don't think DE realizes how strong the fashionframe is in the community.

21 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Yep. The Zaw appearance is 100% the reason I do not use them other than MR fodder. I don't care if a Zaw gives me 50% more damage than the next best sword, I will not carry around these ugly POS's.  I don't think DE realizes how strong the fashionframe is in the community.

If zaw is defined as a weapon type other than the skin system, I can accept it. However, the types of weapons classified in the skin system cannot use matching skins. This is a long-standing bug that has not been fixed.

• 2 months later...