Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Understanding the flux rifle

scourge213

Question

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to understand how the flux rifle works.

For fun purposes, I've made a build that would strip armor and not much else. It looks like this:

(split chamber and vigil armaments for 150% multishot, 3 dual stat mods (180% extra status chance) and Flux Overdrive(150+% extra status chance)) https://goo.gl/dH8PQj

It results at 100% weapon status chance, 150% multishot, 50 round magazine and 4.488icone_penetration.png/16.082icone_tranchant.png/24.684icone_corrosif.png/12.342icone_glace.png damage per 'bullet'. Corrosive being 42.8% of the damage.

I test it on level 130 corrupted heavy gunner, which has armor of 11,696. It should take around 33 corrosive procs to completely strip its armor.

Supposedly, the weapon like this should have a total of 250 damage 'numbers'( 50 ammo, 2 ticks per ammo, 2.5 per tick).

I was very surprised to see that it takes a over 'clip and a half'(over 75 ammo) to achieve a full armor strip.

Am I missing something, or a very large amount of the damage 'numbers' do not trigger status at all?

(yes i do realize that 75 * 42.8% is just under 33, but how does that work?)

A take from the update notes for the beam wapons states "Currently Multishot Mods do not increase Status chance.". However, multishot never increased status chance to begin with, it was only in the UI to tell us the average chance per shot after the multishot damage 'numbers'.

Also, am i assuming correctly, that the Flux overdrive gives 150% from the very first tick?(i.e. the 100% weapon status chance is always there)

Edited by scourge213

11 answers to this question

Keep in mind that IPS procs have 4x the weight of elementals, so effective distribution of status would be closer to ~15% for Puncture, ~54% for Slash and ~20% for Corrosive, at 100% status, 20% of these being Corrosive.

Given that and the requirement of 33 procs to strip armour you'd be looking at close to 165 status ticks overall, or ~83 ammo units spent.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

you're missing serration 

and I suggest ditching the cold status mod for heavy caliber which doesn't effect the accuracy much 

test this build and see 

Mate, the build is made to strip armor, not deal damage.

4 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Keep in mind that IPS procs have 4x the weight of elementals, so effective distribution of status would be closer to ~15% for Puncture, ~54% for Slash and ~20% for Corrosive.

Actually yes, you're correct. But even if its 20%, 250*.2 = 50 procs, not 20. Right?

Edited by scourge213

3 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Actually yes, you're correct. But even if its 20%, 250*.2 = 50 procs, not 20. Right?

Let's see it again:

A level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunner has 11696.17 armour, it should take 33 Corrosive procs to strip completely.

At 100% status chance and ~20% chance to cause Corrosive on status (20% per hit in this case) it would take 33*5 hits to strip armour.

Given 2 shots per ammo unit in case of Flux Rifle, it results in 83 ammo units being spent on average in this case.

4 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Let's see it again:

A level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunner has 11696.17 armour, it should take 33 Corrosive procs to strip completely.

At 100% status chance and ~20% chance to cause Corrosive on status (20% per hit in this case) it would take 33*5 hits to strip armour.

Given 2 shots per ammo unit in case of Flux Rifle, it results in 83 ammo units being spent on average in this case.

You take out the multishot completely, however it does seem to be correct assumption, giving the situation. Very wierd how the multishot behaves in the beam wapons...

Thanks.

Edited by scourge213

Just now, scourge213 said:

You take out the multishot completely, however it does seem to be correct assumption, giving the situation. Very wierd how the multishot behaves in the beam wapons...

Multishot doesn't affect Continuous weapons in any way other than straight damage increase.

10 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Multishot doesn't actually add more beams to beam weapons, it's basically a raw damage multiplier much like Serration, that's what they mean by "doesn't increase status chance" (as opposed to "doesn't increase status chance, but does increase status probability")

Edited by rapt0rman

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Multishot doesn't actually add more beams to beam weapons, it's basically a raw damage multiplier much like Serration, that's what they mean by "doesn't increase status chance" (as opposed to "doesn't increase status chance, but does increase status probability")

Actually not exactly, as it does add 'more beams', sort of. You get 2 damage numbers for 10 damage, stacked one over the other, instead of 1 damage number for 20 damage.

It would had been more understandable if they wrote it as you, "does not increase status probability", as multishot never increased chance in the first place.

Still, thanks for clearing it up.