The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, implement a secure, verifiable Plat system, it's long overdue

True_Naeblis

Every time I hear how unprofessional and unfair DE treats such issues, I'm glad I stopped spending money on that game. The risk of losing your account without any wrongdoing is far to great for me to consider doing anything that would damage me financial. I'm trading enough to to expect that one day I will be given plat for which I could run into this problem and if that's happening the lost time would be bad enough, but under no circumstance am I going to buy anything with real money as long as ppl are bullied out of the game by the devs themselfs.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Wait a minute...
So if you trade with someone who has made a charge back on plat and you recieve plat from that person you get banned?

They will reduce the amount of fraudulent plat from your account. If you have enough plat you don't end up with further repercussions but if you end up with negative amount, you'll get banned until you buy plat to pay the "debt".

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

They will reduce the amount of fraudulent plat from your account. If you have enough plat you don't end up with further repercussions but if you end up with negative amount, you'll get banned until you buy plat to pay the "debt".

Ah ok well yea that sounds fair. I do sell a lot of stuff since I like to grind relics so I would hate to be banned for something you cannot control.

On 2018-05-04 at 6:40 PM, True_Naeblis said:

stop allowing Platinum to be directly traded within the game.

I doubt that this would happen. It would ultimately devalue everything as platinum is the prime "price" for trading almost everything in game. I don't know much about programming and software just yet (still learning) but I agree in that players who are unaware of the false platinum they are receiving don't deserve punishment. I read your entire topic, and agree on said changes you've implemented. It's unfortunate that any sort of solution to said problem likely won't happen any time soon. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Ah ok well yea that sounds fair. I do sell a lot of stuff since I like to grind relics so I would hate to be banned for something you cannot control.

Prime item trading doesn't suffer from fraudulent plat that much because the amounts of plat traded are relatively small. Rivens and arcanes are more risky.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Just remember that and you should be safe.

12 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Prime item trading doesn't suffer from fraudulent plat that much because the amounts of plat traded are relatively small. Rivens and arcanes are more risky.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Just remember that and you should be safe.

Thanks for the advice man. :)

You seem to know what you're talking about so i really hope DE will listen, because these cases of people getting banned because they traded "phantom" platinum with someone is very concerning and i'd like to believe its not going to affect me.

Yes, it's a problem and it needs solve.

Frankly, did anyone bother with actually reading what everyone agrees with when making an account? What DE does when you agreeing to make account is that they making themselves not responsible for anything and all blame goes on you, you're the victim and culprint at the same time basically.

So much for company that proclaims to be player friendly. So no surprise players are getting banned and their accounts locked or taken somewhere into unknown. After this happens to you, all you can pray for is to encounter an employee who actually have mercy and is willing to ask: "Is he really a culprint here?". General problem what DE has is Support in general. Tons of responses are just copy/paste, in many occasions people responsible for Support completely ignore the ticket you placed (thus love to be lazy instead of doing their job). This isn't how Support works, but unfortunatly, we all agreed to make account under rules which give us on the mercy of these lazy people.

This chain witch hunting must end, because you're getting punished for something you never did. Under normal laws, you're innocent until it can be proven otherwise and DE has no proof you did anything rule-breaking (unless the proof is forged and why not? No one can prove that DE acutally did that).

Edited by CoreXCZ

This used to be an issue for a while in Marvel Heroes aswell, not in the same way as here but similar. They had issues with people gifting stuff to players only to chargeback shortly after. It resulted in the player getting gifted recieving a ban. This was in some cases used just to mess with other players and getting them banned. People made alt accounts, gifted a guy that they didnt like or someone that didnt agree with them, then made a chargeback and got the other guy banned.

This was a small issue for a long while until it drastically increased over a few months at which point Gazillion completely removed gifting from the game until it was solved. They simply changed it so you couldnt gift anything until your account was old enough, had characters of a certain level and you had verified it and enabled it for gifting.

DE could possibly make trading harder and gifting impossible before a certain MR. The big plat isnt pushed until later on in the game when you start bothering with rivens, arcanes and the really rare mods. So it wouldnt be irational of them to block gifting up until MR10 or something and lock bigger plat trades behind something similar. Pretty much anything to remove the possibility of gifting or moving large amounts of plat around on fresh alt accounts.

edit: I'd also suggest turning of your "recieve gifts from" in options if you wanna reduce the risk of malicious gifting.

Edited by SneakyErvin