Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just hear me out

(PSN)iPoisonedFlint

I was thinking what DE could do to fix the reward table for end game survival and defense. We all know how the rotation reward table works (rotation A,B&C). Well my idea is every time you complete a whole rotation (rotation C) the beginning of the next rotation (rotation A) the drop rate of rarer items increase and at some point the more common drops are completely removed from the drop table or the amount  significantly increase. I also like the idea they had with relics that are already  radiant maybe add these to the long duration survival and defense. 

Ps I was also thinking maybe a relic that only has forma in it, with the radiant be a built forma.

they actually discussed this on the dev stream, but essentially it boils down to what constitutes drop table increase and what people what. I believe they said that increasing the precision of stuff that is more wanted or rarer was a potential solution. Sorry if it's not the answer you want to hear.

DE does not like incentives for players to push themselves. It is the exact reason why Kuva survival doesn't scale with rewards. It would be nice if the people who do 50 minutes don't get the same 80 endo has 5 minutes, but I don't see change happening anytime soon. Your suggestion has been asking several times and I am still baffled that rewards are still atrocious in most game modes.

On 2018-05-04 at 10:09 PM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

they actually discussed this on the dev stream, but essentially it boils down to what constitutes drop table increase and what people what. I believe they said that increasing the precision of stuff that is more wanted or rarer was a potential solution. Sorry if it's not the answer you want to hear.

This ^

Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually very much against scaling rewards in Survival as long as we can't extract individually. I don't like to stick around for more than 20-30min and it sucks to be held hostage in a mission. Scaling rewards would only make it worse.

If they implement individual extraction then sure, why not.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Pr1A said:

individual extraction

This, this for all endless modes. It makes so little sense that we can individually extract on defense or interception but we're stuck when it's survival or excavation. If it has to retain an extraction point, just make it so you can stand at extraction for like, 30 seconds or a minute and then take that person away.

Also yes to the OP about escalating rewards. Otherwise, you might as well just auto-end the mission at the end of rot c and ditch the "endless" moniker. I mean, we get scaling rewards with endless fissure missions, so it isn't like the philosophy is completely novel or anything.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-05-09 at 12:50 AM, Tyreaus said:

This, this for all endless modes. It makes so little sense that we can individually extract on defense or interception but we're stuck when it's survival or excavation. If it has to retain an extraction point, just make it so you can stand at extraction for like, 30 seconds or a minute and then take that person away.

Also yes to the OP about escalating rewards. Otherwise, you might as well just auto-end the mission at the end of rot c and ditch the "endless" moniker. I mean, we get scaling rewards with endless fissure missions, so it isn't like the philosophy is completely novel or anything.

THIS PLEASE!

Its all very well for some players who want to continue until they drop from exhaustion, or whatever (or want to farm ridiculous amounts) but NOT ALL players want to do this. Some of us are happy with 15-20 waves max.

Individual extraction after every 5 waves should be an option for Survival and Excavation modes. It can't be right that some players are stuck in a game for 30-40 minutes or even longer, just because the majority want to keep playing.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Big thumbs up for both individual extraction for every endless mission and scaling rewards. If DE have taken a stance against encouraging players to stay in endless missions for ages then they should reconsider. It's something that gets talked about all the time and understandably so.