Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Pet

I just got the caged condroc, and I feel like a terrible person. Who keeps their pet in all day inside a cage made of splintery sticks? I mean, whats next? Will the Tenno cage Clem!?

I think it would be cool if the Condroc could work as a pet, like the Kubrow and Kavat. It coud fly around with you in missions, and like Kubrows and Kavats, it would have different classes.

Hatara Condroc:

Health: 200   Shield: 50   Armor: 70   Slash: 100   Puncture: 300

Augments: 

Grasp: Grabs enemies and throws them, dealing 800 damage. (Enemy that is thrown can crash into a crowd of enemies, dealing 200 damage and procs blast.)

Dash: Dashes through a crowd of enemies, deals 300 slash damage as well as procing slash.

Sangrahaka Condroc: 

Health: 100   Shield: 125   Armor: 60   Slash: 100   Puncture: 75

Augments:

Hunt: Searches dead enemies extra carefully, finding extra loot.

Trove: Every 3 seconds, draw items and resources within 10m towards you for 3 seconds.

Stekeri Condroc:

Health: 75   Shield: 175   Armor: 25   Slash 150   Puncture: 250

Augments:

Blind: Emit a 20m radial blind when an enemy first sees you (cool down 30 sec)

Attract: When the owners shields are down, it will draw enemies close to itself, then create a burst within 10m that procs radiation and forces enemies to use a melee weapon.

To get one of these Condrocs they are purchasable from master Teasoni in Cetus. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

I just got the caged condroc, and I feel like a terrible person. Who keeps their pet in all day inside a cage made of splintery sticks?

pretty much 90% of animals stay in cages, either because they would run away , or because they can hurt people. 

Also, by what i see everyone would use Sangrahaka (very... strange name, hard to remember... good).

May you also please explain how can a bird inside a space ship tileset lift a Bombard/HeavyGunner/Napalm/Bursa/Nox etc and throw them making explosions?

Edited by Kyryo

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

I don't mind it not fighting (given the things appear to be incredibly frail) but the Cetus pets should sometimes leave their cages and wander the ship honestly. Makes me feel sad to see them caged up.

More of a thing for fun, not endgame. And yeah they could at leats fly around in the orbiter.

Just now, Flashbinder said:

There was already a new mechanical moa pet being developed, so you'll see a new pet soon enough.

I hope it won't cost DNA stabalizers. And it looks cute, but I'm gonna be killing A LOT of his siblings. Corpus missions will be... 😓... tough.

10 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

pretty much 90% of animals stay in cages, either because they would run away , or because they can hurt people. 

Also, by what i see everyone would use Sangrahaka (very... strange name, hard to remember... good).

May you also please explain how can a bird inside a space ship tileset lift a Bombard/HeavyGunner/Napalm/Bursa/Nox etc and throw them making explosions?

Its a big bird

Edited by (XB1)oOJeshuanOo
wrong on facts

24 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

I don't mind it not fighting (given the things appear to be incredibly frail) but the Cetus pets should sometimes leave their cages and wander the ship honestly. Makes me feel sad to see them caged up.

If you see close enough, caged Condroc even trembles, as if it was afraid/miserable... Or just a graphical glitch.

No matter, yes. Being such an immersed nerd I am, I do feel guilty. At least have them out of cage once in a while or give them a cage bigger than, I don't know, something that barely even fits its body?

Edited by Gharsan

They need to change the "beast" items we acquire into roaming beasts.

Just let them ROAM the damn ship DE. PLEASE!

I'd be content with them flying/scurrying around my Orbiter/Dojo playing with my Kavat, Kubrow, & leaving droppings on the floor so my Dethcube can be taken out the flaming dumpster & vacuum the droppings up.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'd be content with them flying/scurrying around my Orbiter/Dojo playing with my Kavat, Kubrow, & leaving droppings on the floor so my Dethcube can be taken out the flaming dumpster & vacuum the droppings up.

(Kavat eats kuaka) welp, back to cetus

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Carrier looks more like it'd fit the job...Image result for warframe carrier

3 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Carrier looks more like it'd fit the job...Image result for warframe carrier

Nightmares...

Night Terrors...

They need a "Crying" Like-Button....

Um...yes. But Dethcube needs a purpose. Carrier is useful.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

2 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Or because they would get hurt too easily, like hamsters.  Or because they need a controlled environment to sturvive, like fish and some reptiles.  

But in all those cases, the cage is significantly larger than the animal itself.  First and foremost because of immidiate needs, like a place to put food, water, and to relive themselves, secondarily because they need to move around or their muscles will atrophy painfully or suffer bone deterioration (also potentialy painful).  Lastly, depending on the animal, they can get extremely distressed if they don't have the kind of space they need.  

For modern sensiblities, the cages used for Cetus animals are only acceptable for transporting animals, not as a place to spend most of their time.  Which is why it bothers people.