Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Mission imbalance

Kyutanti786

To start, please bear in mind that I am a fairly new player of Warframe & so I may not have completely grasped the full mechanics of the game yet.

Ok, can someone explain to me why there is such a drastic imbalance between Corpus & Grineer Spy Missions?!

What I mean is this; You can play a spy mission of equal level for both Corpus & Grineer and yet the Grineer mission is a cake walk in comparison to the Corpus, which is like trying to break into Fort Knox!!

Example; I can run a Grineer spy mission, listed as lvl. 35-40, without even having to concentrate and yet at the same time, I can run a lvl. 20-25 Corpus spy mission and then suddenly, it's like I need to be Tom Cruise in a scene from Mission: Impossible!! Now I understand that the Corpus faction is more geared towards tech and so there would naturally be a distinct difficulty difference but, the difference is more than a little ridiculous.

Oh & not being able to use ciphers in Nightmare Mode is just stupid!! Which makes me wonder about this quote from Trivia section of Warframe Wiki's page on ciphers; 'Using a Cipher is the only way to not trigger the intrusion detection on complex Corpus consoles.' So does this mean that high level Nightmare Trials involving Corpus spy missions are impossible because you can't use a cipher but, according to the quote, using one is the only way to NOT trigger the intrusion detection?? .....What??! This is highly confusing!

Actually for me it always was the opposite ^^

But I guess your problem is mainly the fact that you need more practise and know each short cut. If you only have Problems with Corpus, then Limbo would be the answer, as be csn just walk through all those lasers and stuff.

20 minutes ago, Kyutanti786 said:

What I mean is this; You can play a spy mission of equal level for both Corpus & Grineer and yet the Grineer mission is a cake walk in comparison to the Corpus, which is like trying to break into Fort Knox!!

Personally i consider it the other way around where Grineer Spy missions to me are much harder due to those drones that move around scanning the place and easily trigger the alarm if you fart wile Corpus ones often have more cameras but they usually are avoidable by going through the ventilation and the lasers are more of a timing issue.

Grineer does however have 3 of their hacking rooms which are practically an instant jump to the console but they also have more variaty of rooms as they also count with Earth and Uranus tilesets.

28 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Actually for me it always was the opposite ^^

But I guess your problem is mainly the fact that you need more practise and know each short cut. If you only have Problems with Corpus, then Limbo would be the answer, as be csn just walk through all those lasers and stuff.

You're probably right on the practice side of things & thanks for the tip, I may very well have to farm Limbo & try him out :)

28 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Personally i consider it the other way around where Grineer Spy missions to me are much harder due to those drones that move around scanning the place and easily trigger the alarm if you fart wile Corpus ones often have more cameras but they usually are avoidable by going through the ventilation and the lasers are more of a timing issue.

Grineer does however have 3 of their hacking rooms which are practically an instant jump to the console but they also have more variaty of rooms as they also count with Earth and Uranus tilesets.

I must say that I have noticed that most people seem to have more problems with Grineer spy missions but, I guess it's just down to each individual :)

I know what you mean about the instant jump hacking rooms though! :)

24 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Intrusion detection largely does nothing anymore when it comes to terminals. Ciphers were blocked from nightmare and sortie because they trivialize the game.

Ah, I see! Ok that's fair enough then, thanks for the info :)

The difficulty of grineer vaults comes from having to learn the layout, but once you know the level it's trivial. It's only hard when you think you do but in reality don't.  There are indeed several ways to avoid any challenge. Corpus spy mission are parkour challenges but without the grineer free pass to the vault because there's some random hole that lets you go straight to the objective or even no security at all.

That being said i would argue that it's the grineer ones that are too easy, especially at t3. I can understand the need to bypass difficulty at t1 but the fact that you can just go above most vaults to jump straight into them at sortie level is beyond silly.

Edited by sixmille

12 hours ago, Kyutanti786 said:

To start, please bear in mind that I am a fairly new player of Warframe & so I may not have completely grasped the full mechanics of the game yet.

Ok, can someone explain to me why there is such a drastic imbalance between Corpus & Grineer Spy Missions?!

Example; I can run a Grineer spy mission, listed as lvl. 35-40, without even having to concentrate and yet at the same time, I can run a lvl. 20-25 Corpus spy mission and then suddenly, it's like I need to be Tom Cruise in a scene from Mission: Impossible!! Now I understand that the Corpus faction is more geared towards tech and so there would naturally be a distinct difficulty difference but, the difference is more than a little ridiculous.

Oh & not being able to use ciphers in Nightmare Mode is just stupid!! Which makes me wonder about this quote from Trivia section of Warframe Wiki's page on ciphers; 'Using a Cipher is the only way to not trigger the intrusion detection on complex Corpus consoles.' So does this mean that high level Nightmare Trials involving Corpus spy missions are impossible because you can't use a cipher but, according to the quote, using one is the only way to NOT trigger the intrusion detection?? .....What??! This is highly confusing!

Can you explain what exactly is making corpus spy missions hard? Is it tile layout? Particular enemies? Hazards(laser beams etc)? Hacking puzzles?

As most ppl have said, you propably need a bit more training :). Take your time and look around inside the vaults after you completed them, to find all the hiding spots and hidden tunnels. Moving Lasers are mostly about timing, it takes a while, but once you get it, these vaults become pretty easy. Instead of going Limbo I'd suggest farming Ivara. For once you get her for doing spy missions, so you're working on your skills aswell, and secondly she's the undisputed queen of spy missions. WIth her Intruder alert you don't have to worry about anything anymore ;). Until you get to the spy mission on the moon, better watch a few videos first, that mission is crazy for firsttimers (but fun and rewarding 🙂 ).

I feel like there are always multiple ways to solve Grineer vaults at all difficulty levels. In contrast, Corpus vaults get more and more restrictive as difficulty increases until the player is funneled into one of a handful of routes(depending on the difficulty level).

I think Corpus vaults are a lot worse since they are much more difficult to complete at higher levels and only have one way to do it(usually) without alerting the place. Grineer vaults are, unfortunately, too easy at all difficulty levels. They have the exact opposite problems.

The upside is that it's easy to do any vault with any frame. I think this is a big asset. A gun with Punch Through(preferably silent) goes a long way in some Corpus vaults, too. It helps to take out pesky cameras through windows.