Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop scaling EVERY aspect of an ability with level

Bulletjunkie

Level 1 Strangledome on Khora is totally worthless because it lasts 5 seconds.

Please stop scaling EVERY stat of an ability with levlel. Leave Strangledome at 15 seconds for level 1/2/3 and then scale it to 20 sec for level 4.

The damage and AOE scaling can remain as-is, but the duration would allow it to be useful at level 1 instead of being an ability you should ignore.

There are other abilities with a problem like this but Khora's case really makes it obvious. For some of us veterans this isn't a problem since we know how abilities will scale, but if some new player decides to buy Khora from the Market I can imagine their disappointment.  Warframe already has enough problems with players sticking with the game from the get-go.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Why though??

Because it breaks several "ultimate" skills in ways that makes them feel lackluster when you first get them.

Sure I can slap duration mods on Khora even at rank 10 and have over 200% duration, but that only applies to us people with high mastery rank.

1 minute ago, Bulletjunkie said:

Because it breaks several "ultimate" skills in ways that makes them feel lackluster when you first get them.

Sure I can slap duration mods on Khora even at rank 10 and have over 200% duration, but that only applies to us people with high mastery rank.

They are never referred in game as ultimates

5 minutes ago, Bulletjunkie said:

First off define high mastery rank and second off when will people learn that mastery rank means almost nothing except for some items being locked behind it!? The mods you need to make a duration build are not locked behind high mastery levels and if anyone even tries new weapons, frames and gets companions, they will get to the level required

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

1 minute ago, Bulletjunkie said:

And why does this matter so much?
I mean its not like it takes new players hours upon hours upon hours to level up a frame to 30.  Its a fairly fast process and things are done.

So its not like anyone will be spending all that long with a rank 1 ability that has crappy stats.  Sure they'll find that its weak at first, but not even an hour or two later they'll be ranke 30 and will have full use of the ability.

Maybe if leveling took forever and you had to sit there and use the abilities at their weakest for tiresome lengths of time you would have a point, but as it stands leveling is fast enough that it doesn't get that bad.

Just now, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

First off define high mastery rank and second off when will people learn that mastery rank means almost nothing except for some items being locked behind it!? The mods you need to make a duration build are not locked behind high mastery levels and if anyone even tries new weapons, frames and gets companions, they will get to the level required

Wat? Do you even play Warframe?

Higher mastery rank gives your warframes and weapons more starting capacity. Which is why I can slap duration mods on Khora even if she's level 1 or unleveled because I have more starting capacity than someone who has a lower mastery rank...

A low mastery player won't be able to instantly mod Khora or other frames with Duration mods to make some of their abilities more useful.

10 minutes ago, Bulletjunkie said:

Isn't that how abilities are supposed to work in an RPG of any type? They get better as you level up?

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Isn't that how abilities are supposed to work in an RPG of any type? They get better as you level up?

Sure but they should go from "useful" to "better"

And not from "don't cast this it's a waste of energy" to "ok".

21 minutes ago, Bulletjunkie said:

when you first get them they are supposed to be lackluster, that's one of the points of leveling a frame....just go to Hydron and spend half an hour, you'll be fully maxed out.

10 minutes ago, Bulletjunkie said:

Wat? Do you even play Warframe?

Higher mastery rank gives your warframes and weapons more starting capacity. Which is why I can slap duration mods on Khora even if she's level 1 or unleveled because I have more starting capacity than someone who has a lower mastery rank...

A low mastery player won't be able to instantly mod Khora or other frames with Duration mods to make some of their abilities more useful.

Formas aren't mastery ranked locked!! My point is you don't need to be a even a Mastery rank 10 to build for duration or anything you want to. Lower MRs can just Forma every slot if they really need to and they will definitely have more than enough space to do a duration build and they are always leveling up so yeah.

Wow, I'm surpsied by the ammount of elitism concerning such a valid problem

You people probably can just hop into high level mission and quickly level up to 30 without even needing to push a single ability button till you reach rank 30. But many new players will take their time, leveling up their warframe are part of their new player experience. The journey needs to be as fun as possible not just the destination, if your only answer is just go to X or use Y so you can get to rank 30 instantly you're only giving more proof of how broken the problem is.

Its just a lackluster #4. Easier to rally against the whole power itself with all the others than to pinpoint what a new player might think of it as they are leveling if they bought it.

But anyone who is able to earn it through normal means should have the mods to make it worth something however shortly its at lvl1

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

Wow, I'm surpsied by the ammount of elitism concerning such a valid problem

You people probably can just hop into high level mission and quickly level up to 30 without even needing to push a single ability button till you reach rank 30. But many new players will take their time, leveling up their warframe are part of their new player experience. The journey needs to be as fun as possible not just the destination, if your only answer is just go to X or use Y so you can get to rank 30 instantly you're only giving more proof of how broken the problem is.

You're not gonna get a godlike ability for your Warframe until you get corrupted mods anyway. It doesn't matter if it max rank, without the right mods, it will only carry you so far. And by the time you start getting your corrupted mods, you should have absolutely no problem ranking a frame up to lvl 30. (also, you don't actually have to go to Hydron to rank a frame up, there are plenty of other options, also for new players)

New players should not be worrying about having incredible push-this-button.and-win abilities in the first place.

52 minutes ago, Bulletjunkie said:

Level 1 Strangledome on Khora is totally worthless because it lasts 5 seconds.

Please stop scaling EVERY stat of an ability with levlel. Leave Strangledome at 15 seconds for level 1/2/3 and then scale it to 20 sec for level 4.

The damage and AOE scaling can remain as-is, but the duration would allow it to be useful at level 1 instead of being an ability you should ignore.

There are other abilities with a problem like this but Khora's case really makes it obvious. For some of us veterans this isn't a problem since we know how abilities will scale, but if some new player decides to buy Khora from the Market I can imagine their disappointment.  Warframe already has enough problems with players sticking with the game from the get-go.

Go to Hydron for 30 mins

TBH, just do one round 8 sanctuary onslaught with a friend bringing a high power nuke frame ... and your stuff would be pretty high rank at the end of it all.

Umm so what your saying is that because your a "high mastery rank"(not to be rude but because everyone has a different value they like) and therefore have mod capacity to put mods in the frames and so ability should scale up. 

Frames are meant to scale as you level. If a mastery rank 3 or 4 got khora I'm going to guess they will not even complain about the ability being "weaker" at lower levels. Simply because it just doesn't really do much for them. It's an ability. It does something. That's about all they need.

Don't know bout you but I have never had an issue with this and I have every frame max rank. Also I prefer good Ol' IO to level.

Edited by Db0ys742

2 minutes ago, DP_KRoM said:

Go to Hydron for 30 mins

I did, which is how I noticed how weak the ability is.

I'm not saying "make it super uber OP from level 1", I'm saying make it USEFUL so you can use it while you level the frame.

1 hour ago, Bulletjunkie said:

I did, which is how I noticed how weak the ability is.

I'm not saying "make it super uber OP from level 1", I'm saying make it USEFUL so you can use it while you level the frame.

I think you dont understand what RPG is.  Just a question:  Since when a lvl 1 character is powerful/useful in any game?

This is why I think your complain has no sense. Im sorry.

Edited by DP_KRoM

The example given is questionable but I personally agree with OP's point.

First impression is important, especially for newbies with limited warframe slot, limited mod collection, limited mission selection, and tiny amount of minimal mod capacity. They should re-balance some frame abilities to make them easier to rely on.

And since it doesnt even change the ability in any way at max rank, why should the vets care? Most of the vets already know the full potential of certain warframes with the meta builds, but not the newbies.

Vets can jump to hydron / sanctuary / w/e and get to 30 very easily.

Newbs who havent unlocked those will have to struggle with low level surv mission.