Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught is the least fun I've ever had in Warframe

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

This game mode is just not fun for me.  It doesn't do anything exciting and different, and also doles out garbage tier rewards.

Admittedly, I've only played one match so far, but tbh I don't want to play more - but feel like I HAVE to because now Khora and 2 weapons are locked in it.  

I joined with randoms, and after the first wave one player left.  I played the rest of the match with 3 players, and we made it right until the last 10 seconds of the 8th wave, when we got screwed because there just wasn't enough to kill to fill the efficiency.  We were nuking everything in sight and there just wasn't enough enemies around.  

After all is said and done, we got a Rank S - which one would assume was good... but what did we get for our time?  3 garbage relics that none of us wanted.  What a monumental waste of time.  The least you could do is remove all the filler garbage from the reward pools.   Oh - and that alleged Focus Boon?  Still less effective than a single focus orb on Hydron... worthless.

I have no interest in your stupid e-peen flower mod (which doesn't even have e-peen value because it's tradeable), just everything about this mode stinks.  The rewards suck except the 3 things gated behind abysmal RNG, the gameplay is just a dull rehash of Exterminate, and quite frankly it's cheap and gimmicky because where and how many enemies spawn can determine the entire mode, moreso than player skill. 

Thanks but no thanks, count me out.  It's almost like you intentionally designed this bad so I would buy platinum to bypass this trash (which by the way I'm doing.) 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

There is something up with Elite Onslaught efficiency scaling. Me and my friend attempted if about 3-4 times and we never managed to complete wave 8 even with meta randoms (such as nuking banshee).

I think the mode is broken right now and requires some adjustments because as it stands it seems unreal to get past wave 8 unless entire team plays the metiest meta of metas and also praise RNG gods to grant them enough enemies.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

Thanks but no thanks, count me out.  It's almost like you intentionally designed this bad so I would buy platinum to bypass this trash (which by the way I'm doing.) 

From a business point of view they did the right thing then ;). I played the mode a lot more than you did, although I share your critizim, but I'd never consider buying stuff just because it's been made a joke to get. They don't want me to get it, they can keep it, and in no way I'm going to throw money at them and support bad design .

Just now, W3zeer said:

From a business point of view they did the right thing then 😉

You're of course, absolutely right.  But everytime they do this kind of crap their goodwill trickles away.  People are starting see more and more that everything is made crap to encourage purchases, when earlier in Warframe's history it wasn't tilted so much that way.  

It used to be reasonable to get stuff without paying.  Now you have to wrestle abysmal RNG or be left hanging.  Everything has gotten worse with time with rising costs... Weapons, Frames... Prime gear... all the RNG is becoming so much worst - and then you factor in crap like these bugs, and that's just the nail in the coffin.

I can't even praise their F2P model anymore because it's become borderline predatory.  

Even if there were no bugs at all,Onslaught is basically just this: same old survival mode that just tacks on a few sh**y mechanics like efficiency/2:30 minutes of survival instead of 5:00 and relentless grind for stuff which when you get once,you just forfeit Onslaught and move on...And the mode will eventually die just like Defection and Nidus parts farm. Well,won't completely die,until DE comes up with an event in the future which will force Onslaught throughout the event.

Yep, efficiency scaling definitely needs some fix. I mean cleaning zone 8 is really hard, even as a full public squad, while hitting rot C on every other game mod is actually easy even in solo. I mean, why should Elite Sanctuary Onslaught be different from every other game mod, since the rewards are basically the same ?

Alright we are able to farm radiant relics and Lato/Braton vandal part; but players shouldn't have to play only nuke build in order to get those rewards. And yet, I tried several nuking build and never achieved heaven zone 8.

Edited by (PS4)Meninwhit

I was looking forward to Khora and had a bit of hope for this game mode but when i played it i actually fell asleep. I stopped playing and thought "maybe i was just tired" but no i played it again the next day and fell asleep that time as well. 

I had hoped today's update would change some things, f.e. the broken efficiency timer. I'm tired of having groups breaking up before wave 8, if you're not on one of you're super-super-nukers, even strong weapons and frames wont get you to rotation C if you're left alone. New flashier particles dont make wasted time feel any less wasted. It's sad to see how so much of the content we got gets left in the dirt (defection, PoE, and now onslaught).

On 2018-05-11 at 6:58 PM, Artek94 said:

There is something up with Elite Onslaught efficiency scaling. Me and my friend attempted if about 3-4 times and we never managed to complete wave 8 even with meta randoms (such as nuking banshee).

I think the mode is broken right now and requires some adjustments because as it stands it seems unreal to get past wave 8 unless entire team plays the metiest meta of metas and also praise RNG gods to grant them enough enemies.

Wave 8 is hard, but if you split up and hang out in the tunnels grineer will keep spawning for easy kills.  Just watch out for the Nox.  Once I got that down, wave 8 became a breeze.  

Maybe we need to figure out strategies for each level.  Like in one of the early snow planet ones, there's a hallway system that really stacks efficiency pinatas for you.

I'm one of these players leaving after wave 1 if I don't like what I'm seeing, like someone leeching and doing a glorious 3% damage because he brought a full set of lvl 0 weapon, or someone playing some super annoying build like trinity castanas. You don't want others to leave? play nice.

Le 12/05/2018 à 00:58, Artek94 a dit :

That's the most cringy thing i've seen today. Banshee is absolutely not meta at all, if anything it's sabotaging your run because NPCs are stuck ragdolling in spawn closets. I've done runs up to wave 13 or 14 this week (with randoms), it's hard to go further due to empty maps though.

However, if you're having trouble reaching zone 8 it 100% is a L2P issue, I have never failed to go further than 8 unless I wanted to stop.

Edited by sixmille

On 2018-05-11 at 6:54 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

This game mode is just not fun for me.  It doesn't do anything exciting and different, and also doles out garbage tier rewards.

Admittedly, I've only played one match so far, but tbh I don't want to play more - but feel like I HAVE to because now Khora and 2 weapons are locked in it.  

I joined with randoms, and after the first wave one player left.  I played the rest of the match with 3 players, and we made it right until the last 10 seconds of the 8th wave, when we got screwed because there just wasn't enough to kill to fill the efficiency.  We were nuking everything in sight and there just wasn't enough enemies around.  

After all is said and done, we got a Rank S - which one would assume was good... but what did we get for our time?  3 garbage relics that none of us wanted.  What a monumental waste of time.  The least you could do is remove all the filler garbage from the reward pools.   Oh - and that alleged Focus Boon?  Still less effective than a single focus orb on Hydron... worthless.

I have no interest in your stupid e-peen flower mod (which doesn't even have e-peen value because it's tradeable), just everything about this mode stinks.  The rewards suck except the 3 things gated behind abysmal RNG, the gameplay is just a dull rehash of Exterminate, and quite frankly it's cheap and gimmicky because where and how many enemies spawn can determine the entire mode, moreso than player skill. 

DE pretty much god rid of push 1 button to kill and that is exactly what you need for Elite mode. With Mesa I can barely make it to wave 8. There is nothing hard about it/ the game mode. Like most things in Warframe that require skill, we are severely handicapped. On top of being handicapped, you are fighting to keep the efficiency up with the lack of enemies spawning. It's boring. Tedious. Frustrating. Annoying. Garbage. I now find myself coming home from work. Running one mission to 8 zones and then getting off Warframe. DE has lost sight of the word fun as well as a lot of people in the Warframe community. Yet "peculiar bloom" is a thing lmfao. 

6 часов назад, sixmille сказал:

I'm one of these players leaving after wave 1 if I don't like what I'm seeing, like someone leeching and doing a glorious 3% damage because he brought a full set of lvl 0 weapon, or someone playing some super annoying build like trinity castanas. You don't want others to leave? play nice.

That's the most cringy thing i've seen today. Banshee is absolutely not meta at all, if anything it's sabotaging your run because NPCs are stuck ragdolling in spawn closets. I've done runs up to wave 13 or 14 this week (with randoms), it's hard to go further due to empty maps though.

However, if you're having trouble reaching zone 8 it 100% is a L2P issue, I have never failed to go further than 8 unless I wanted to stop.

It definetely wasn't L2P issues. As i said i've met more map-covering killers than just banshee on my Elite Onslaught runs 2 weeks ago aaaand... It just wasn't working.
3 first waves were fine, but after that efficiency is quickly starting to go down, people start leavig the squad at wave 6-7 and then its over and is, basically, a waste of time because there is no worthy rewards except for wave 8.

The problem was mostly coming from the fact that enemies were not spawning in large enough quantities to get enough efficiency. There was simply not enough enemies. And the fact that they are fairly durable is not helping either.

Il y a 8 heures, Artek94 a dit :

It definetely wasn't L2P issues. As i said i've met more map-covering killers than just banshee on my Elite Onslaught runs 2 weeks ago aaaand... It just wasn't working.
3 first waves were fine, but after that efficiency is quickly starting to go down, people start leavig the squad at wave 6-7 and then its over and is, basically, a waste of time because there is no worthy rewards except for wave 8.

The problem was mostly coming from the fact that enemies were not spawning in large enough quantities to get enough efficiency. There was simply not enough enemies. And the fact that they are fairly durable is not helping either.

Okay then explain me what's the difference if it's not a L2P issue between me being able to go up to wave 13-14 with randoms consistently and without playing a nuke frame (either mesa or support trin) and you hitting a brick wall as early as wave 4. Am I cheating? Hacking? Using black magic? Do I have a direct line with the devs? I'm not even the best player you'll ever meet, far from it. I'm above average at best. So, enlighten me?

I'm not saying that there aren't spawn issues, because that would be wrong. There are indeed empty maps and maps with terrible layouts, and more than I'd be comfortable with if i was a designer at DE (which I'm not, fortunately for all of you), but it's NOT preventing a half competent players to take his group up to wave 8. Efficiency is a non-issue before wave 10-12 but you need to move your fat warframe's butt out of the room where the portal is because most spawns are in the corners of the map.

Do we need more spawns? Absolutely. But not for the reason you mention. We need more spawns because the focus has been terrible for the past two weeks. I now need to do 3 runs instead of 2 to cap my focus. We also need smaller tiles not because larger ones are too difficult, but because large tiles encourage people to get outside of affinity range. That, or we need infinite affinity range in the game mode.

Edited by sixmille

2 часа назад, sixmille сказал:

Okay then explain me what's the difference if it's not a L2P issue between me being able to go up to wave 13-14 with randoms consistently and without playing a nuke frame (either mesa or support trin) and you hitting a brick wall as early as wave 4. Am I cheating? Hacking? Using black magic? Do I have a direct line with the devs? I'm not even the best player you'll ever meet, far from it. I'm above average at best. So, enlighten me?

I'm not saying that there aren't spawn issues, because that would be wrong. There are indeed empty maps and maps with terrible layouts, and more than I'd be comfortable with if i was a designer at DE (which I'm not, fortunately for all of you), but it's NOT preventing a half competent players to take his group up to wave 8. Efficiency is a non-issue before wave 10-12 but you need to move your fat warframe's butt out of the room where the portal is because most spawns are in the corners of the map.

Do we need more spawns? Absolutely. But not for the reason you mention. We need more spawns because the focus has been terrible for the past two weeks. I now need to do 3 runs instead of 2 to cap my focus. We also need smaller tiles not because larger ones are too difficult, but because large tiles encourage people to get outside of affinity range. That, or we need infinite affinity range in the game mode.

I think the reason was that particular onslaught map set was just broken.

From what i know elite onslaught has a predirmined map set which rotates like once a week or something? A day? But definetely not game-to-game.
Perhaps the one i played was just a bad combination of maps with very bad spawn rates which forbid me and my team from gaining good efficiency.