Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Genders?

GLoRToR

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I get that. But if DE really wanted to have gender swapped frames, they could write it into the lore one way or another. I don't think that is what's holding them back. (I could be wrong - I was never that invested in the lore of this game, so I don't know how religiously DE sticks to it)

True 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

I don't think lore is the issue. If DE really wanted it they could just retcon gender swaps into the story as they always does. I think it has more to do with resources and the enormous amount of work it would take to implement it. 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

I get that. But if DE really wanted to have gender swapped frames, they could write it into the lore one way or another. I don't think that is what's holding them back. (I could be wrong - I was never that invested in the lore of this game, so I don't know how religiously DE sticks to it)

Lore really is the issue, Warframes have no gender, they are just infested tissue, nothing else.

On 2018-05-16 at 12:36 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

*Sigh* Another one of these topics? No, for starters, Warframes don’t actually have genders, it doesn’t work with the lore at all. DE have already said no to this anyways, not going to happen.

Lore can be changed, and statements aren't prophetic.

15 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Lore really is the issue, Warframes have no gender, they are just infested tissue, nothing else.

I get that, I just said that if DE really wanted to, there's nothing stopping them from retconning the current lore. It's not like they haven't changed the lore or what we thought we knew about the lore in the past.

Just now, rune_me said:

I get that, I just said that if DE really wanted to, there's nothing stopping them from retconning the current lore. It's not like they haven't changed the lore or what we thought we knew about the lore in the past.

That’s true. If that were to ever happen though, I doubt that it would happen anytime soon since they got a lot on their plate at the moment.

39 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

That’s true. If that were to ever happen though, I doubt that it would happen anytime soon since they got a lot on their plate at the moment.

Yeah I doubt it will ever happen. It would be a lot of work and resoruces spend making two of every frame, for something that has no gameplay impact. And, let's face it, is not a highly requested feature. Not that I would be against it. It would be fun to see a male ember or a female rhino. But I don't think it'll happen.

A lot seems to have happened here overnight.  Sorry if I end up repeating points already made but there's a bunch of things that made go 'Oh! I need to reply to that!"

6 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Opportunity cost. Any time and money spent on this could, and should be spent on other content. No.

The could be said about Deluxe skins.  In fact, the same was said and was the reason for not doing two models for each frame.  DE thought it was best to make each model a separate warframe because people wouldn't spend 150 Platinum on just a fancy skin.  Then they released the Proto Excalibur as an anniversary special and boy did we prove them wrong!  It sold well enough to make Deluxe skins a thing. Now what if the Ash Deluxe was modelled after the infamous female Ash concept art?

5 hours ago, Maqabir said:

To me Warframes are more akin to works of art than people, it's like asking for a male Mona Lisa to be hung up next to the original.

Except nobody is asking you to wear the Mona Lisa and if you did want her image printed on a T-shirt I'm sure you'd want it in your size and be disappointed if it was only available in XS girly fit (assuming you aren't a tiny woman, if you are then substitute with 'only available in XXXL man-bear size').  As an aside, we're also allowed to recolour these works of art to fit our own tastes, is that like repainting the Mona Lisa in a blue dress?

3 hours ago, Cleopatranikea said:

What is problematic is the animating and redo some stuffs because if I am right you cannot copy paste the animations with the rigged model.

I don't think animations will be anywhere near as problematic as people like to make out.  Melee animations are all weapon specific, regardless of the frame.  Rhino & Frost use the same animations as Nova or Mirage.  Idle animations are all interchangeable (and people are willing to pay for that).  Warframes already use the same animation rigs.

2 hours ago, rune_me said:

I think it has more to do with resources and the enormous amount of work it would take to implement it. 

I don't see why it would be any greater a work load than a Deluxe skin.  Fresh new model that needs armour positioning fixed, that's it.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Lotus refers to Excalibur as 'he' in the comics, specifically after transferance has been cut so she definitely is refering to the frame and not the Operator.

48 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

They have so much on their plate that the art team are giving us Deluxe skins faster than the programming team can add a new frames.  Sounds like a great time for the art team to be working on some more skins.  😋

To elaborate (after checking dates on Wiki):  In the time between Gara (Update 22) and Khora (Update 22.18) we have had Mag Pneuma, Volt Proto, Mesa Presidio, Octavia Maestro, Excalibur Dex & Inaros Ramses.

Edited by Katinka

I swear to god someone has to be paying all these people who swarm every game forum on the internet with an endless barrage of regressive sjw demands. When will those people realize that all the people who disagree with their bs HAVE to congregate somewhere and that somewhere happens to be the type of place where their demands are endlessly shot down every time? We will not bend, so stop trying, otherwise we might bite back.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

Edited by Legion-Shields

13 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Lotus refers to Excalibur as 'he' in the comics, specifically after transferance has been cut so she definitely is refering to the frame and not the Operator.

Well to be fair Lotus isn't going to call a Frame that has the appearance/figure of a male a "she" because that wouldn't make any sense

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

I swear to god someone has to be paying all these people who swarm every game forum on the internet with an endless barrage of regressive sjw demands. When will those people realize that all the people who disagree with their bs HAVE to congregate somewhere and that somewhere happens to be the type of place where their demands are endlessly shot down every time? We will not bend, so stop trying, otherwise we might bite back.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

Funny you mention it. You also have to be careful of infiltrators who end up becoming staff. That will end any forum. 

Just now, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Well to be fair Lotus isn't going to call a Frame that has the appearance/figure of a male a "she" because that wouldn't make any sense

She could have said 'it'.  The full line is: 
"When you entered orbit, I was able to pull transference from Excalibur.  He can be retrieved at another time..."
That could just as easily have been:
"When you entered orbit, I was able to pull transference from Excalibur.  It can be retrieved at another time..."

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

She could have said 'it'.  The full line is: 
"When you entered orbit, I was able to pull transference from Excalibur.  He can be retrieved at another time..."
That could just as easily have been:
"When you entered orbit, I was able to pull transference from Excalibur.  It can be retrieved at another time..."

True 

9 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

It's probably the same ones who pay all the idiots who use meaningless empty words like "SJW" to denote everyone they disagree with because they have no real argument and nothing meaningful to add to a conversation.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It's probably the same ones who pay all the idiots who use meaningless empty words like "SJW" to denote everyone they disagree with because they have no real argument and nothing meaningful to add to a conversation.

I can get paid for this?

2 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Or maybe people could stop focusing on genders.

I feel that sentiment can go both ways though.  I mean, the female Ash concept art is really cool, it looks nice and lots of people say they would like it as a skin.  It's not going to happen though because Ash is male.  If people stopped focussing on gender then that skin could be released and it would just be another skin.  One that I for one would buy because I think it looks cool, not specifically because it's female but because of it's aesthetic quality.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I feel that sentiment can go both ways though.  I mean, the female Ash concept art is really cool, it looks nice and lots of people say they would like it as a skin.  It's not going to happen though because Ash is male.  If people stopped focussing on gender then that skin could be released and it would just be another skin.  One that I for one would buy because I think it looks cool, not specifically because it's female but because of it's aesthetic quality.

Except its not just a skin, its a model. A model they'd have to spend time changing, just so people could be a female Ash. I'd rather they spend time fixing things and creating new content.

Just now, Zanchak said:

Except its not just a skin, its a model. A model they'd have to spend time changing, just so people could be a female Ash. I'd rather they spend time fixing things and creating new content.

I guess they shouldn't have bothered with Mag Pneuma, Volt Proto, Mesa Presidio, Octavia Maestro, Excalibur Dex or Inaros Ramses before finishing Khora then.  All those models were added between Gara and Khora, just so people could look different.