Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn spores

RearMostFiend

Came here to report the same bug. Essentially what OP is showing is a bug whereby the spores become unuseable. That is you cannot ever cast the spell again for the entirety of the mission. Operator doesn't help, nor does falling into an abyss. I think dying only might help but I haven't tried that. This has happened to me twice back to back in Sanctuary Onslaught.

I am also experiencing this bug. It seems to happen from a few things while spores are active: myself or another player using Saryn, entering operator mode; falling off the map; being downed by enemies.

Dying and using self rez has only fixed the bug for me, about half of the time. Trying to reset spore functionality by jumping off the map, does not work.

My normal play style involves fairly regular use of operator mode, so this bug happens pretty much constantly to me.

Had this happen to me as well. I think it's because your initial spore popped and didn't spread effectively locking you into the detonation toggle. I've seen it happen when someone pops my spore the split second after I place it down. The only known fix is to die and revive.

So I came across this bug as well. Dieing does in fact reset it. This only majorly happens when i tried to cast spore several times in a row. so back to back like we used to. It appears to me it seems to be stuck in a toggled on mode almost. 3 places i found it happense. You cast it on someone and they die, you cast it on something and they become corrupted. You cast them on something and it goes out of range. IT seems like it glitches when you cast it on something but the target is no longer viable. I have noticed it isn't and instant effect either. It takes about a second to generate onto the target. I was the devs i would check the code to make sure that if target dies or is not placed on something with in 1 second it default resets the skill so to speak.

Edited by crazycmc
added stuff

8 minutes ago, crazycmc said:

So I came across this bug as well. Dieing does in fact reset it. This only majorly happens when i tried to cast spore several times in a row. so back to back like we used to. It appears to me it seems to be stuck in a toggled on mode almost. 3 places i found it happense. You cast it on someone and they die, you cast it on something and they become corrupted. You cast them on something and it goes out of range. IT seems like it glitches when you cast it on something but the target is no longer viable. I have noticed it isn't and instant effect either. It takes about a second to generate onto the target. I was the devs i would check the code to make sure that if target dies or is not placed on something with in 1 second it default resets the skill so to speak.

This has been my observation too. The split second before the damage starts ticking is most likely the cause of the problem.

Spore seems to bug out when used on any CCed enemy, same happened to me and my husband when we played a sec ago. I took Nezha and he took Saryn. When he used spores on an impaled enemy - his spores got bugged. Pretty annoying glitch.

going to go into the sym and test this. going to put it up on stream so i might get better eyes with me. Though i have noticed now that it is a glitch with the actually aplication of the spores. They don't apply like they are supposed to all of the time.

it seems to appear randomly. even in the sortie 3 today against kela de thymian spores stopped working around 3 times in general.

No greater CC was used, besides rhinos stomps, but that only slows her, so no reall CC here.

Other abilites are not affected.

question to the devs. was it intended that you could only apply spores to 1 target at a time? because at this point you can only apply it to 1 target at a time. It will apply then pop, it won't just keep applying. I know you added in the hold button to pop them. how ever it doesn't give me that choice. maybe the spores hold need to be extended.

1 minute ago, crazycmc said:

question to the devs. was it intended that you could only apply spores to 1 target at a time? because at this point you can only apply it to 1 target at a time. It will apply then pop, it won't just keep applying. I know you added in the hold button to pop them. how ever it doesn't give me that choice. maybe the spores hold need to be extended.

you sir, may read the patchnotes for 22.0 for the saryn rework.

alright new understanding then. because i wasn't aware of the previous change. Now that i understand that fully then i see the issue. IT fails to toggle out of blow up spores. so it isn't so much that they aren't applying as much as it fails to recognize when it no longer has a target. Ie the target didn't die how ever is no longer in place.