Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complaining about "Leeching"

VanFanel1980mx

50 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Yeah but that's because your lens is installed on your frame. If it were installed on your weapon, it would get more.

I use 4 Greater Lens of a single type installed on all 4 pieces of equipment (Warframe, Primary, Secundary and Melee) which means all focus goes into a single school.

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I use 4 Greater Lens of a single type installed on all 4 pieces of equipment (Warframe, Primary, Secundary and Melee) which means all focus goes into a single school.

Then you'll get the full amount of affinity. Then the problem is that whoever was playing the banshee didn't have a good enough build to keep up with you just killing them normally. That way, you don't get as much bonus affinity in the time the orb-thingies (<- yeah that's a name) are active - so you get less kills in the bonus period.

35 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

I feel this leave and do it yourself argument that's often used on the forums isn't infallible. More so learning to cope with issues rather than solve. 

It is the right solution though. There is no situation DE can create in which inefficient players who want to engage in the game will enjoy being carried by an efficient player who does objectives fast. The only way to address this issue is to improve matchmaking, but until then, you need to play solo or with like minded players through premade teams if you want the optimal experience in this game. Period.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is the right solution though. There is no situation DE can create in which inefficient players will enjoy being carried by an efficient player. The only way to address this issue is to improve matchmaking, but until then, you need to play solo or with like minded players through premade teams if you want the optimal experience in this game. Period.

I made a whole thread about having refined matchmaking, to where newbies can be paired with newbies if they wanted, and veterans can be paired with veterans if they so choose. It was met with a lot of push back out of the fear of elitism in upper ranks however, I don't think people are so one way or the other. Veterans in this system would still be allowed to go "help" or carry newbies for those who leave the door open for that. 

2 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

I made a whole thread about having refined matchmaking, to where newbies can be paired with newbies if they wanted, and veterans can be paired with veterans if they so choose. It was met with a lot of push back out of the fear of elitism in upper ranks however, I don't think people are so one way or the other. Veterans in this system would still be allowed to go "help" or carry newbies for those who leave the door open for that. 

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The only way to address this issue is to improve matchmaking

The problem isn't really what the players want. But the developers don't want that. In any game.

It is absolutely common practice today to intentionally pair newbies with veterans, so the newbies can see what they can accomplish in the game once they get better gear. It is well proven that this encourages new players to spend money on ingame purchases. Hell, Activision even patented a matchmaking algorithm to pair new players up with more experienced players who have purchasable gear the new players don't have, exactly to generate income from ingame purchases.

While DE may not be so nefarious as to do that intentionally, they also have absolutely no motivation to NOT do it or to prevent it from happening, because it would definitely be noticeable on how much they earn from starting players.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

The problem isn't really what the players want. But the developers don't want that. In any game.

It is absolutely common practice today to intentionally pair newbies with veterans, so the newbies can see what they can accomplish in the game once they get better gear. It is well proven that this encourages new players to spend money on ingame purchases. Hell, Activision even patented a matchmaking algorithm to pair new players up with more experienced players who have purchasable gear the new players don't have, exactly to generate income from ingame purchases.

While DE may not be so nefarious as to do that intentionally, they also have absolutely no motivation to NOT do it or to prevent it from happening, because it would definitely be noticeable on how much they earn from starting players.

I'm not willing to give DE the benefit of the doubt, personally. They're nice people, but psychology is used to make profits, which they need. It's excusable to a degree, however, from what I proposed, they'd still be getting their free advertising of Warframes and weaponry to newbies regardless since not all veterans prefer playing with veterans. Some want the ego boost of playing with those who have less than they or, simply helping out in general. Whatever their intents are, it'd never be one way or the other fully.