Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complaining about "Leeching"

TioMegaManX

Sometimes I see the topic pop out here and there, but sometimes I wonder if those people are Banshee users, why? because countless times in places like Hydron I have to choose between finishing off enemies and thus losing up any Tenno Affinity depending on the distance or die of boredom while Banshee is using Quake, is it efficient to kill enemies without dying? it looks like it, is it efficient or fast? HELL NO! it is a real pain and from my experience I get way less affinity per run by sticking around Banshee and the other players who apparently don't mind the slow and painful process, there is a semi-related phenomenon, hyper powered players killing everything super fast during a fissure, giving the enemy almost no time to get corrupted, at least some enemies spawn from fissures but apparently some people don't know or don't care about how the other players may want to approach the mission.

This is just a meta complaint about people who complain about leeching and how you assume they play Banshee.

Players can play at their own pace. If you dislike their pace (whether it be too fast or too slow), you are free to leave and create your own squad or go solo. There are leveling alternatives to Hydron. Onslaught and stealth affinity farming can be much more fun than waiting for other nukers to level you. 

The tools are available to avoid the troubles you are having, but most players would rather complain about it then solve the issue. I recommend changing who you play with and use recruitment chat for your missions and for a better Warframe experience.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Hi,

I havent used Banshee in Hydron lately but if the Banshee is the problem doing 10-20 waves then obviously it does not have the correct mod setup. I have had no problems wiping the rooms clear with my Banshee and the Nox and other mobs I just finish of with weapons. I have not heard anyone complain about using Banshee. Some random people leave right at the start and I assume that this is because of the frames and weapons they see on other people.

Lately I have been farming more Meso Relics and I do that on Io/Jupiter. I do use Banshee for that too since its quite efficient. I have also been in groups with another Banshee and ended up having to wait for him/her to finish the killing and sit around for 10 waves. Is it boring? yes. Does it matter for me? no. This is because im not there exactly for doing something specific I REALLY enjoy in warframe but to gather resources. Then again I do have a sick tendency to enjoy mind numbing things.

If  I dont like something I either stay in the group for the bare minimum of time to get the rewards and then leave (obviously not leaving anyone in trouble because of that) or I leave right away and try my luck again.

As far as other players playing style goes I try to "educate" on what I think is the most polite way or best way to play with others BUT I don't think people have to play like that. It seems that in the current day and age people have the tendency to think that what they like or don't like is somehow enough reasoning to start forcing things on other people. I am not saying anyone here so far has done anything as drastic as that but thats just the thing that comes to my mind every time someone criticizes some kind of playstyle.

With regards to the Fissure and fast killing, I agree. Some people tend to kill everything even before they are corrupted. Usually you see this in low lvl Earth exterminates with Embers running around. I think this is mostly due that people simply don't know how the drops works for Fissure runs. I am not 100% sure either but I imagine they enemies have to be corrupted for them to actually drop the 10 items you need to open the relic

Edited by Zeratul81

Fosfors are your friends. Pop one out, run some distance away from the frame that is nuking everything, kill things to your heart's content. And the fosfor will keep you in affinity range of the nuker to get that juicy affinity. Profit for everyone.

15 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

RQ banshee is nerfed so don't worry, you'll be seeing her less ;D

How is she nerfed? She is better than ever at AFK farming. Unless they made some changes in the recent updates, because I haven't played her for a few weeks.

14 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

What puzzles me is how being around those gives me less EXP compared to having the full squad killing things the "hard" way.

Depends what you are levelling. If you are ranking up weapons, then you should get more affinity by standing still and let others do the killing, because less affinity goes to your frame from affinity-range kills than if you do it yourself. If you are ranking up warframes, then the more kills you get with your frames abilities, the more affinity, so you should get less if you are not active yourself.

With a Banshee or any nuker for that matter my weapons allways level up faster.  If I do the killing it only get 50% affinity but if banshee kills them my weapon get 75% (this is using 1 weapon only). The only thing that might get slower to rank up is the frame as that get 100% if you use your powers but only 25% if banshee kills it and 50% if you kill with a weapon.

Atleast this is the understanding I have.  I never complained about banshess in the party that just speed the killing up while I run just at the edge of affinity range to finish of left overs.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:
19 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

How is she nerfed? She is better than ever at AFK farming. Unless they made some changes in the recent updates, because I haven't played her for a few weeks.

She wasn't nerfed, she was fixed. Her augment increased her ult to use 100 energy but it was still only using 25 energy without efficiency mods. She' still very effective and I use her, just need to manage energy a little tighter.

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

She's not, if anything she was buffed. I can scream at the floor all day long on Io or Hydron and somehow my energy increases instead of decreases. The only thing is you can't just set it and forget it, you have to keep spamming 4, and you have to move around so the game doesn't consider you AFK.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

She wasn't nerfed, she was fixed. Her augment increased her ult to use 100 energy but it was still only using 25 energy without efficiency mods. She' still very effective and I use her, just need to manage energy a little tighter.

Ah I see. Was this a recent change, or have I just not noticed it?

Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

Use saryn on hydron, heard the spores do more damage than before in her new rework. I use her to farm focus on hydron in xb.

Saryn was a better choice over Banshee on Hydron before the rework as well, after the first few waves Banshee CAN kill on Hydron but it takes awhile and most of the time the enemies are just getting thrown around, makes it annoying for teammates trying to actually kill them.

Honestly I'd take a Banshee spamming RQ over anyone running Spin-2-Win..... 

Cause they are going to pend their time Spinning-2-Winning to pad their end of mission score at the farthest corner of the map. So you're getting exactly Zero affinity for their attempts at being a tryhard.

Heck I'll feed a friendly banshee (or general nuke frame) all the Zenurik orbs they can eat for as long as the killing is efficient. 

My experiences with Banshee in the team are always frustrating, both in Hydron or normal missions/sorties/onslaught, specially now that Resonating Quake deals less damage but has a major ragdoll effect, makes impossible to kill mobs when they are scattering and bouncing around.

Also, what OP said is true, you gain significantly less affinity in Hydron or any other mission with a Banshee using Sound Quake ability to kill everything. In Hydron its self for example, the Affinity Orb often grants me around 8K affinity. With a Banshee using Sound Quake it rarely reaches 2K.

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Also, what OP said is true, you gain significantly less affinity in Hydron or any other mission with a Banshee using Sound Quake ability to kill everything. In Hydron its self for example, the Affinity Orb often grants me around 8K affinity. With a Banshee using Sound Quake it rarely reaches 2K.

Yeah but that's because your lens is installed on your frame. If it were installed on your weapon, it would get more.

Kills done with your own weapon: 50% affinity goes to your warframe, 50% is split between your weapons.

Kills done with your frame abilities: 100% goes to your frame.

Kills done by ally in affinity range: 25% goes to your warframe, 75% is split between your weapons

So if you are gaining affinity for your weapons, it is always better to let an ally do the killing. If you are gaining affinity for your frame, it is always better to do it yourself.

Edited by rune_me

To me, the healthiest way of farming xp is with Vazarin (+25m of Affinity Share Range) and no AFK spamm bs. 

But hey, that's just my opinion. People seem to prefer having no fun at all rather than losing efficiency on their boring Relic/Focus farm, so mind as well accept the fact that you can't play the game at YOUR own pace when those pople are around and let them do as THEY want, unless you leave and spend your time looking for people who are not doing solo stuff (like relic farming) in public games. 

*sigh* It's just sad how having no fun playing cheesing the game as become a trend like that. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

To me, the healthiest way of farming xp is with Vazarin (+25m of Affinity Share Range) and no AFK spamm bs. 

But hey, that's just my opinion. People seem to prefer having no fun at all rather than losing efficiency on their boring Relic/Focus farm, so mind as well accept the fact that you can't play the game at YOUR own pace when those pople are around and let them do as THEY want, unless you leave and spend your time looking for people who are not doing solo stuff (like relic farming) in public games. 

*sigh* It's just sad how having no fun playing cheesing the game as become a trend like that. 

The reason people go for efficiency is because leveling gear is the least fun part of the game. You take care of that efficiently and you can spend more time in the fun (doing literally anything else) part of the game. 

20 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

My experiences with Banshee in the team are always frustrating, both in Hydron or normal missions/sorties/onslaught, specially now that Resonating Quake deals less damage but has a major ragdoll effect, makes impossible to kill mobs when they are scattering and bouncing around.

Im pretty sure thats because the banshee is killing too slowly.

A decent saryn can clear 1.5 / 2 waves of hydron on a single affinity orb. Banshee struggles with damage after wave 5 ish i think.

25 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Honestly I'd take a Banshee spamming RQ over anyone running Spin-2-Win..... 

Cause they are going to pend their time Spinning-2-Winning to pad their end of mission score at the farthest corner of the map. So you're getting exactly Zero affinity for their attempts at being a tryhard.

Heck I'll feed a friendly banshee (or general nuke frame) all the Zenurik orbs they can eat for as long as the killing is efficient. 

With the right build Banshee doesn't even need a Zenurik dash to keep it's energy up. Like I said before I swear my energy level goes up as I'm RQing

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

With the right build Banshee doesn't even need a Zenurik dash to keep it's energy up. Like I said before I swear my energy level goes up as I'm RQing

This was my experience as well. But according to post above, that was a bug that has now been fixed. Maybe you just haven't got the update/fix yet on console, but I don't know when it was actually fixed. I'll test her out later and see if there is any changes since the last time I played (which were a few weeks ago).

15 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

11 minutes ago, rune_me said:

This was my experience as well. But according to post above, that was a bug that has now been fixed. Maybe you just haven't got the update/fix yet on console, but I don't know when it was actually fixed. I'll test her out later and see if there is any changes since the last time I played (which were a few weeks ago).

Indeed. the mainline update yesterday basically increased the drain by 4 times and it will be quite a while till it reaches consoles.

U22.20.0

"Fixed Banshee’s Resoquake only consuming 25 Energy when it is supposed to use 100 (on Clients, it would require having at least 100 Energy, but wouldn't use it)."

30 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Fair enough but it gives me something to do even if they don't technically need it. 

53 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Yeah but that's because your lens is installed on your frame. If it were installed on your weapon, it would get more.

Kills done with your own weapon: 50% affinity goes to your warframe, 50% is given to the weapon you used to kill.

Kills done with your frame abilities: 100% goes to your frame.

Kills done by ally in affinity range: 25% goes to your warframe, 75% is split between your weapons

So if you are gaining affinity for your weapons, it is always better to let an ally do the killing. If you are gaining affinity for your frame, it is always better to do it yourself.

Just this bit is wrong actually.

Everything else is fine.

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This is just a meta complaint about people who complain about leeching and how you assume they play Banshee.

Players can play at their own pace. If you dislike their pace (whether it be too fast or too slow), you are free to leave and create your own squad or go solo. There are leveling alternatives to Hydron. Onslaught and stealth affinity farming can be much more fun than waiting for other nukers to level you. 

The tools are available to avoid the troubles you are having, but most players would rather complain about it then solve the issue. I recommend changing who you play with and use recruitment chat for your missions and for a better Warframe experience.

I feel this leave and do it yourself argument that's often used on the forums isn't infallible. More so learning to cope with issues rather than solve.