The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro equality for all platforms

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Sorry for the weird title but what I mean is why can't PC and Console get the same items from Baro when he arrives? I spent all week grinding and the only thing even remotely worthwhile was a primed toxic damage mod (keep forgetting the name), and I see YouTube videos showing the PC Baro selling useful things like primed pressure point and such, it's really unfair, I'm new so I don't know if DE has given a reason for this but I don't see why we all can't get him at the same time with the same stock so nobody has to wait to get something that players on a different platform got ages ago.

This is not a rant by the way, I'm just suggesting that PC,Xbox and PS4 should get the same set of items, doesn't matter if the date and time he arrives changes but the items changing depending on the platform you're on is unfair

(Btw I double checked the date on those YouTube videos to make sure they aren't old ones and I wasn't blowing a fuse for no reason)

7 hours ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Look on the bright side, with us being behind we know in advance what we're going to get and can prepare accordingly. 

Suppose you're right about that, but it still stings that we have to wait weeks to get what they already have, I understand the updates but there's no reason a ingame event can't be active at the same time

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Suppose you're right about that, but it still stings that we have to wait weeks to get what they already have, I understand the updates but there's no reason a ingame event can't be active at the same time

Actually there is a reason.
The reason is that the updates on consoles are behind. Consoles got Baro after we on PC had him for weeks.
If they changed it so that the cycles are the same across all platforms, then they would have to leave out some of Baros cycles so that consoles can catch up.
Let's say you guys are 4 cycles behind PC. Then you just don't get these 4 cycles. Then you will get the same Baro as PC.
So you would lose out on these 4 cycles.

Just won't happen.

PC version can hotfix and update whenever they feel like it, meaning they can add new baro items the day baro comes, for example.

Console versions get updates later because they have to essentially port the changes to consoles ,test the changes, then it goes to the certification process, then it gets deployed.

The four week delay is pretty much a buffer zone to ensure that Console has the items in the code by the time baro actually comes to console.

So yeah this will never happen, at least not this generation. Who know, maybe next gen Sony and Microsoft will allow live updates of some systems with minor certification (but probably not, since they don't want to get sued if an update bricks consoles).