Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should de rework vaulted frames?

Ok this is more of an economical issue than anything however the prime versions also have normal versions. If a vaulted frame eg saryn gets a rework which makes her better or worse will effect how much she is worth while the relics she comes in are vaulted.

Do you think de should touch any frame that is locked away by said prime vault if yes then why, if no then why?

Basically if they rework a frame to be broken status and it is vaulted limited supply the price for them skyrockets if they nerf the frame then the price plummets. However it is a player driven market and anyone can buy ammo drums for as much as they want so yea.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

However it is a player driven market and anyone can buy ammo drums for as much as they want so yea.

I think you answered yourself

However, there are legal issues involved if a consumer buys a product and the manufacturer changes it

I've seen some games get wacked for this before, but I have no idea if this applies to things bought from prime access, vault openings, or anything bought from DE

Edited by boysenbeary

22 minutes ago, boysenbeary said:

I think you answered yourself

However, there are legal issues involved if a consumer buys a product and the manufacturer changes it

I've seen some games get wacked for this before, but I have no idea if this applies to things bought from prime access, vault openings, or anything bought from DE

That doesn't apply to us in this situation. When you accept the EULA you agree that everything in this game is subject to change.

Edited by aligatorno

If a frame needs a re-work then it needs a re-work.  It doesn't matter if it has or doesn't have a primed version or that said primed version is currently vaulted.  Primed frames are not that much different from the regular version stats-wise.  The only reason they might seem that way is because players tend to put the reactor and forma into the primed version since it is seen as the pinnacle of that frame.

Specifically, the Saryn re-work shouldn't take any consideration that she has a prime and that prime is currently vaulted.  If a newer player can't get Saryn Prime (which if they run tons of relic missions they still have a decent chance) then they can still make use of regular Saryn to check out the re-work.  I still don't have Nyx Prime, and if DE decides to re-work her it won't bother me at all.  Quite the contrary, I think Nyx is one of the frames that could benefit from a re-work  (a very minor one).  I will probably get Nyx next time she is unvaulted and until then, my regular Nyx has a reactor and some forma (even got the delux skin) so the only real change with be it reads Prime at the end.

15 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

If a frame needs a re-work then it needs a re-work.  It doesn't matter if it has or doesn't have a primed version or that said primed version is currently vaulted.  Primed frames are not that much different from the regular version stats-wise.  The only reason they might seem that way is because players tend to put the reactor and forma into the primed version since it is seen as the pinnacle of that frame.

Specifically, the Saryn re-work shouldn't take any consideration that she has a prime and that prime is currently vaulted.  If a newer player can't get Saryn Prime (which if they run tons of relic missions they still have a decent chance) then they can still make use of regular Saryn to check out the re-work.  I still don't have Nyx Prime, and if DE decides to re-work her it won't bother me at all.  Quite the contrary, I think Nyx is one of the frames that could benefit from a re-work  (a very minor one).  I will probably get Nyx next time she is unvaulted and until then, my regular Nyx has a reactor and some forma (even got the delux skin) so the only real change with be it reads Prime at the end.

If you saw what I said in the op I said this is mainly an economical issue of how a rework that hurts them makes players panic and sell cheap and a rework that makes them godly makes players want 2k plat for them the people that have stockpiled the parts. You maynot remember when ember was vaulted and got reworked she was well over 1k plat on consoles anyway.

I did what you did with nyx instead with loki because I was stupid and didn't buy him for 30p back in the old days when he wasn't worth anything since he came out the vault prices aren't as steep anymore.

Reworks only economically empact the primed variants.

Edited by (XB1)deathopz123

I don't care the plat economy of Warframe at all.  If a player want to panic and sell all of their Saryn parts for 3 platinum each I don't care.  I don't think DE should either.  Same goes for if they want to sell them 2,000 platinum.  Anyone that is going to spend that kind of money on prime frame has either has more money or less sense than brain cells. No one has to buy anything from another player in Warframe.  Even vaulted stuff can be picked just running enough relics missions.  More than half the prime stuff I have is from doing just that.  Chances are that seller trying for 2,000 plat isn't going to get any offers.  If they are, I think I got like 7 full sets (and relics out the backside to get at least 7 more) that I could easily offer for 1 quarter or less that asking price just to sink prices as I really don't need plat anymore. 

The consensus seems to be that the players like Warframe's free market economy.  You want to try out the Saryn re-work but don't have Saryn Prime and don't want to fish for parts or spend plat? Then use regular Saryn. The regular version is the same frame with the same powers.  Like I said, if DE thinks a frame needs a rework then they should re-work the frame.  Perhaps they should take some of the player base's input on that rework as the player base, in a general sense, appears to have a much better working idea of out to manipulate Warframe mechanics and where the sweet spot is terms of balence.  Which I believe is what DE mostly does now.  What DE shouldn't do is allow the plat economy influence their decision on what or how to re-work something.  That is a bad road in which EA and Games Workshop have traveled down.  It get really tempting to make the new thing a little bit better than everything else to bump up those sales. While it works in the short term it tends not to work out too well over the long haul.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

If you saw what I said in the op I said this is mainly an economical issue of how a rework that hurts them makes players panic and sell cheap and a rework that makes them godly makes players want 2k plat for them the people that have stockpiled the parts. You maynot remember when ember was vaulted and got reworked she was well over 1k plat on consoles anyway.

But that's just how a market work. Scandal happens, something about users private data and Facebook and who they shared that data with, and Facebook stocks dropped significantly. Everyone who had stocks lost money. Now the scandal is slowly blowing over, stock will begin to go up again and anyone who bought stocks while they were at their lowest will make a lot of money from it. Changes, rumors, etc, will affect the market values. Nothing wrong with that.

Reworking a frame into a better or worse state wont really have a big impact on Prime prices. It is more about supply and demand really, although Volt prime is an odd case. When he got unvaluted through Baro his price actually skyrocketed and went from the area of 120p to 220-250p. When Loki, Frost and Ember were unvaulted they went from the 400-600 range down to the low or even sub 100p costs.

You also have some vaulted frames that barely cost more than the ones that are currently available in relics. Like Ash and Trinity, both go for prices around 90-120p.