Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[22.20.5] Spores Revisited Feedback MEGATHREAD

[DE]Danielle

16 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

One at a time? Are u playin the same saryn i am?

Try Toxic lash infused...

Amprex

Drakgoon

Azima

Arca plasmor

Kulstar

Orthos

Guandao

Bo prime

Sydon

Etc...

The list goes on... One at a time? Nah

You forgot the godly Zarr 😄

Rig it for viral damage with Hunter's Munitions. If you have toxic lash active, you'll get viral, slash AND toxin procs all going around armor...that's before even using spores! That on top of her armor stripping spores is hilariously powerful. It turns all enemies into paper even at high levels. You just have to ease into those skills as you move up in levels because you really don't need the full arsenal at lower levels (which is totally fine imo). 

You can also use a viral/rad Mara Detron to take care of Ancients and other annoying crap...or a viral/rad Pox if you really want it as an AOE effect.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

The speed boost is helpful both because it boosts your melee damage immediately after dropping it and also because it allows you to get out of harm's way quickly...which makes molt pull aggro more reliably in quite a few situations. You get healing if you fit the augment and she has no fitting issues that should prevent you from doing so if you want healing. 

As for the lash comment, that's nonsense too. I can use a gun that is far superior to an Ignis and still get the same spore spreading benefits. And again, ignoring the damage buff for so little energy is laughable. It's an extra damage mod almost no energy. 

Again, people are soloing very high level content with her, so the issue isn't the frame...it's you not using it properly. 

Molt doesn't boost damage, or attack speed (which would increase melee damage technically by letting you hit more often) just your movement speed. Even DE's admitted that melee saryn is kind of stupid, which is why lash now affects ranged weapons. Also if molt drew aggro then you wouldn't need the speed boost to "get out of harm's way".

You wouldn't spread spores nearly as effectively as with an ignus though. Even an amprex or atomos, since it chains instead. You just can't beat the sweep of an ignus for spore spreading, especially since you can also inflict whatever status you need as well.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

One at a time? Are u playin the same saryn i am?

Try Toxic lash infused...

Amprex, Drakgoon, Azima, Arca plasmor, Kulstar, Orthos, Guandao, Bo prime, Sydon, Etc...

The list goes on... One at a time? Nah

He literally says "(unless you use AoE weapons)" immediately after the one at a time part. It's even in the chunk you quoted.

6 minutes ago, Rankii said:

Molt doesn't boost damage, or attack speed (which would increase melee damage technically by letting you hit more often) just your movement speed. Even DE's admitted that melee saryn is kind of stupid, which is why lash now affects ranged weapons. Also if molt drew aggro then you wouldn't need the speed boost to "get out of harm's way".

You wouldn't spread spores nearly as effectively as with an ignus though. Even an amprex or atomos, since it chains instead. You just can't beat the sweep of an ignus for spore spreading, especially since you can also inflict whatever status you need as well.

He literally says "(unless you use AoE weapons)" immediately after the one at a time part. It's even in the chunk you quoted.

If you think the Ignis is the best weapon to spread spores, especially given the limited range, you clearly haven't used the best weapons yet. You can also use weapons with a bit of spread and fast fire rate. Toxic Lash allows you to use pretty much whatever you want and at least at high levels, you're a bit of an idiot if you take the Ignis over something like the Zarr 😉

Melee Saryn is fine, even the quick attack with my Glaive one-shots any reasonable star chart or sortie content...same with the Lesion. 

And I still find it funny how you *@##$ about her effectiveness when people take her well into the 100 levels successfully without a problem. Again, the issue isn't Saryn...it's how YOU use her.

FYI: My most used weapons with her is a rad/viral Mara Detron well into the 100 levels...no problem at all. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

If you think the Ignis is the best weapon to spread spores, especially given the limited range, you clearly haven't used the best weapons yet. You can also use weapons with a bit of spread and fast fire rate. Toxic Lash allows you to use pretty much whatever you want and at least at high levels, you're a bit of an idiot if you take the Ignis over something like the Zarr 😉

Melee Saryn is fine, even the quick attack with my Glaive one-shots any reasonable star chart or sortie content...same with the Lesion. 

And I still find it funny how you *@##$ about her effectiveness when people take her well into the 100 levels successfully without a problem. Again, the issue isn't Saryn...it's how YOU use her.

FYI: My most used weapons with her is a rad/viral Mara Detron well into the 100 levels...no problem at all. 

Your getting pretty rude there buddy if you don't like how we discuss you can leave any frame can be taken into the 100s people do it shes not god tier

5 minutes ago, MasaJin said:

Your getting pretty rude there buddy if you don't like how we discuss you can leave any frame can be taken into the 100s people do it shes not god tier

There is nothing rude in pointing out that people use her very successfully against the hardest content in game...and that this doesn't really match up with your claim that she's bad. 

It's also not rude to point out that you are conveniently ignoring this FACT because it doesn't fit your narrative. Again, pointing that out isn't rude...it's a fact.

If you'd watched videos of some of the nutters taking frames up to the 1000 levels, you'd know they overwhelmingly rave about her. To call her a weak or bad frame his comical tbh.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

And I still find it funny how you *@##$ about her effectiveness when people take her well into the 100 levels successfully without a problem. Again, the issue isn't Saryn...it's how YOU use it.

If you think the ignus has bad range then I know for a fact you're talking out of your arse. Unless it was very recently nerfed then Ignus's range and spore spreading is still the best and most efficient way of doing so. Not to mention it doesn't have the self damage risk of the zarr and is considerably more accurate than the zarr's barage mode. Don't get me wrong: I'd suck duck for zarr but if it comes to spreading spaceAIDS then I'm going with the flamethrower. The thing you've talked about using garbage weapons, then turn around and praise zarr, which is definitely not a trash weapon. And lesion is another really good weapon. You know for someone talking abut lash enabling trash weapons you sure aren't mentioning any of them for some strange reason.

And being able to kill star-chart enemies isn't anything to be proud of. You could use a hind and preform well until just before Mot.

Edited by Rankii
*use

5 minutes ago, Rankii said:

If you think the ignus has bad range then I know for a fact you're talking out of your arse. Unless it was very recently nerfed then Ignus's range and spore spreading is still the best and most efficient way of doing so. Not to mention it doesn't have the self damage risk of the zarr and is considerably more accurate than the zarr's barage mode. Don't get me wrong: I'd suck duck for zarr but if it comes to spreading spaceAIDS then I'm going with the flamethrower. The thing you've talked about using garbage weapons, then turn around and praise zarr, which is definitely not a trash weapon. And lesion is another really good weapon. You know for someone talking abut lash enabling trash weapons you sure aren't mentioning any of them for some strange reason.

And being able to kill star-chart enemies isn't anything to be proud of. You could us a hind and preform well until just before Mot.

You could take a total S#&$ weapon like your starter gun and Kestrel and clear the entire star chart thanks to Toxic Lash...no problem at all. And the reason you want something like the Zarr is for better CC which matters at higher levels. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

And you guys wondered why I wanted to keep you from insulting others. 

Radehx seems to want to insult others and shut them up rather than have a decent conversation. 

Conveniently ignores many points in conversations too. Looks like a troll to me. Just making observational notes. 

Just now, (PS4)Radehx said:

You could take a total S#&$ weapon like your starter gun and Kestrel and clear the entire star chart thanks to Toxic Lash...no problem at all.

You could do that anyways. Look if you're going to start throwing a hissy fit at least post some of those videos you keep talking about.

Also Krestel is awesome.

You could take a total S#&$ weapon like your starter gun and Kestrel and clear the entire star chart thanks to Toxic Lash...no problem at all. And the reason you want something like the Zarr is for better CC which matters at higher levels. 

You could do that before this update mods are a thing and no you sir are being pretty rude i get it you believe what you believe and very strongly but the way you're doing it is rude

Edited by MasaJin

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

You could take a total S#&$ weapon like your starter gun and Kestrel and clear the entire star chart thanks to Toxic Lash...no problem at all.

Also if you want CC at high levels you probably should be using a frame with CC instead of relying on a gun. BTW you can stick Blast and Corrosive on an Ignus and still knock a bunch of stuff over as well...and not have it blow up in your face.

9 minutes ago, Rankii said:

You could do that anyways. Look if you're going to start throwing a hissy fit at least post some of those videos you keep talking about.

Also Krestel is awesome.

Let's look at one of the nutters who has waaaaaaaaaay to much free time and therefore does insane endless runs...LifeOfRio. The reason I'm picking him is that he's insane enough to play for that long. All his latest videos highlight Saryn gameplay at very high levels, team play too: 

He's also done a quick overview about how to use her properly: 

Whether you like the dude or not is totally irrelevant. What matters is that he and others successfully use her against the hardest content in the game. Not only that, they don't just use her and say "it kinda works"...they rave about her. This is a FACT. 

What people need to get over is the need to use her full arsenal against low and mid level enemies, it's totally unnecessary just like wanting 100 stacks with Nidus to fight lvl30 enemies is idiotic. You don't need this AT ALL, it's overkill. If you want to experience her full power, you can challenge yourself with some harder content...because it's pretty clear DE is adding scalability to frames with their latest frame releases and reworks. Saryn is AMAZING when it comes to scalability. She can cope with any level which isn't something all that many frames can do. 

So here are the facts:

1) Saryn is insanely effective against high level content.

2) People playing hard content like her for the most part.

3) You can't see to be able to figure out how to play her. This isn't an attack, it's an observation. The problem is, you seem unwilling to adapt and to look into how to make her work...because it IS possible to do that very successfully as people using her against high level content show. If your argument is that she's weak, you simply don't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Kairu_Aname said:

And you guys wondered why I wanted to keep you from insulting others. 

Radehx seems to want to insult others and shut them up rather than have a decent conversation. 

Conveniently ignores many points in conversations too. Looks like a troll to me. Just making observational notes. 

Pointing out that calling her weak or ineffective is ridiculous isn't being rude. The problem is, people seem unwilling to adapt to the new changes despite how incredibly effective she is.

It just seems comical that there are people using her against the hardest content in game very successfully...yet there are still people calling her bad. If pointing that out hurts people's feelings, so be it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Let's look at one of the nutters who has waaaaaaaaaay to much free time and therefore does insane endless runs...LifeOfRio. All his latest videos highlight Saryn gameplay at very high levels, team play too: 

He's also done a quick overview about how to use her properly: 

Whether you like the dude or not is totally irrelevant. What matters is that he and others successfully use her against the hardest content in the game. Not only that, they don't just use her and say "it kinda works"...they rave about her. This is a FACT. 

What people need to get over is the need to use her full arsenal against low and mid level enemies, it's totally unnecessary just like wanting 100 stacks with Nidus to fight lvl30 enemies is idiotic. You don't need this AT ALL, it's overkill. If you want to experience her full power, you can challenge yourself with some harder content...because it's pretty clear DE is adding scalability to frames with their latest frame releases and reworks. Saryn is AMAZING when it comes to scalability. She can cope with any level which isn't something all that many frames can do. 

Zarr and Zenistar. Man those are definitely trash weapons and the success is entirely on saryn. Yup. Definitely not the healer specter, healing pizzas, using two high-tier weapons and camping a corner area to compensate for something. Can't think of what that compensation would be for though...

You can camp a corner with any frame with those weapons. I mean it isn't proving anything aside from the exact opposite of what you've been saying about toxic lash enabling trashguns.

Just now, Rankii said:

Zarr and Zenistar. Man those are definitely trash weapons and the success is entirely on saryn. Yup. Definitely not the healer specter, healing pizzas, using two high-tier weapons and camping a corner area to compensate for something. Can't think of what that compensation would be for though...

You can camp a corner with any frame with those weapons. I mean it isn't proving anything aside from the exact opposite of what you've been saying about toxic lash enabling trashguns.

Funny how quickly you replied...kinda proves the point that you aren't really looking at evidence if it contradicts your pre-conceived narrative 😉

You don't take sub-par weapons to long runs, but that's not really an argument against Saryn's effectiveness. Fact is, she stripped armor and halved health of all enemies on that field, which GREATLY speeds up killing. Moreso than bringing most other frames like Zephyr or "insert any frame but Octavia or sonar-stacking Banshee". 

Again, explain to us why you think a frame that reliably strips armor and halves health isn't good...because she does that incredibly reliably. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Pointing out that calling her weak or ineffective is ridiculous isn't being rude. The problem is, people seem unwilling to adapt to the new changes despite how incredibly effective she is.

It just seems comical that there are people using her against the hardest content in game very successfully...yet there are still people calling her bad. If pointing that out hurts people's feelings, so be it.

And literally nobody but you said she was a bad frame. They said her mechanics felt bad. Not that she was bad. 

You obviously are not reading, nor are you contributing anything positive to the conversation. Hence, troll status achieved. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

So here are the facts:

1) Saryn is insanely effective against high level content.

2) People playing hard content like her for the most part.

3) You can't see to be able to figure out how to play her. This isn't an attack, it's an observation. The problem is, you seem unwilling to adapt and to look into how to make her work...because it IS possible to do that very successfully as people using her against high level content show. If your argument is that she's weak, you simply don't have a leg to stand on.

The facts

1. Like you said only people with alot of time (not normal people which make up the majority of the game) get to the "high level content" so reading your words why use her at all if she makes the normal gameplay easy and you don't even need her kit guess you just like looking at her

2. Who are these people other than youtubes or small groups trying to show off that do this high level content you speak of? 

3. Your observation skills need work if you think we are calling her trash of any kind we just want her to be better synergized cus in everything else shes clunky 

Effective strong but clunky

1 minute ago, MasaJin said:

The facts

1. Like you said only people with alot of time (not normal people which make up the majority of the game) get to the "high level content" so reading your words why use her at all if she makes the normal gameplay easy and you don't even need her kit guess you just like looking at her

2. Who are these people other than youtubes or small groups trying to show off that do this high level content you speak of? 

3. Your observation skills need work if you think we are calling her trash of any kind we just want her to be better synergized cus in everything else shes clunky 

Effective strong but clunky

But she isn't clunky unless you are pointlessly trying to apply spore's armor debuff at levels where this is total overkills. She's brilliant because you can gradually combo her skills as levels increase. The only thing you shouldn't do is try and apply all her skills against lvl25 because that would be like demanding Nidus needs 100 stacks at those levels. 

I think she's a lot less clunky (and energy-hungry) than before, definitely less of a spammer.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Funny how quickly you replied...kinda proves the point that you aren't really looking at evidence if it contradicts your pre-conceived narrative 😉

You don't take sub-par weapons to long runs, but that's not really an argument against Saryn's effectiveness. Fact is, she stripped armor and halved health of all enemies on that field, which GREATLY speeds up killing. Moreso than bringing most other frames like Zephyr or "insert any frame but Octavia or sonar-stacking Banshee". 

Again, explain to us why you think a frame that reliably strips armor and halves health isn't good...because she does that incredibly reliably. 

No I just didn't feel like sitting through *seventeen minutes of camping when I can already see where it's going and it's still playing in another tab. Yes the damage is great: nobody's said otherwise. But I've seen this build before. I HAVE effectively the same build and I'm telling you Lash and Molt are pretty meh now. Everything you're saying about stripping armor and halving health were a thing before. Miasma triggered corrosive, and spores spread viral everywhere. Trying to play those up as new, while posting a video of someone using a handful of camping tricks isn't proving anything.

It's not that I don't know how to use her, it's that I know exactly how to use her and she sucks. If I wanted something stiff and stressful to use I'd go to the forums and...oh wait.

Edited by Rankii
*seventeen

3 minutes ago, Rankii said:

Everything you're saying about stripping armor and halving health were a thing before. Miasma triggered corrosive, and spores spread viral everywhere.

But this is EXACTLY why she's much better now. You hit armor FIRST and since spores spread that proc better than you can with Miasma, it's much better now and more useful for your team due to silly armor scaling. It makes logical sense to switch it around like they did.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

But this is EXACTLY why she's much better now. You hit armor FIRST and since spores spread that proc better than you can with Miasma, it's much better now and more useful for your team due to silly armor scaling. It makes logical sense to switch it around like they did.

Except for the fact that Corrosive Projection exists and has existed since forever and is usually the standard for exactly the reason you posted.

1 hour ago, Rankii said:

Take any weapon... Literally any gun... And add punch through. Nuff said

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Take any weapon... Literally any gun... And add punch through. Nuff said

He still literally addressed the thing you said in the same sentence you attacked. You tried though.

18 minutes ago, Rankii said:

He still literally addressed the thing you said in the same sentence you attacked. You tried though.

Bottom line... Toxic lash is very endgame viable. Anyone that doesn't think so is welcome to their opinion, just as im welcome to mine.

For my playstyle, toxic lash is tremendously useful. Especially with contagion cloud... Which has a litteral built in aoe that any weapon in the game can benefit from.