Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[22.20.5] Spores Revisited Feedback MEGATHREAD

[DE]Danielle

On 2018-06-14 at 12:08 AM, Reclaimer2448 said:

I don't think anyone had a problem with you saying people needing to adapt. Rather, I think it's the way you say what you're saying. The insulting part is where you call others idiots and what not. I'd also just like to say you don't pick up a Coke one day and find that it tastes totally different than before, so comparing Saryn to Coke isn't really a logical analogy.

Speaking of adapting, from what I'm reading, adapting is no problem for most people. The same goes for using her effectively. Using Saryn feels more powerful than ever, and it's not hard to use her effectively, but it feels a lot worse. I know someone's going to say that feelings aren't constructive, but given the emphasis on fun factor during her rework, it seems quite relevant.

I know you said this quite sometime ago, but this is how I still sit with the changes weeks later.  It feels like we've come full circle with these constant reworks where I'm right back to Saryn 1.0  Aka Spam Miasma a lot, but now with more over-tuned spores that don't feel good to use from all the tweaks.  Spore maintenance feels overly busy for the sake of being busy.  The pay off doesn't feel good because Spores feel extremely cheese worth especially in ESO with how strong they get.  I was just spamming 3 and 4 with the occasional 1 > 4 if I could help it.    Worst of all her ability synergy took a huge hit with the Molt changes.  Now all she has left is the 3 to make Spore popping less of a pain with her 1.   I honestly like her better when she was a debuff frame. 

What makes it even more interesting is that I'm still seeing a lot of this afk, stand around and hit this button for good happy success, play style that this was supposed to be combating.  Hit 1 > Hit 4, go make a sandwich while the rest of us are left to clean up the dregs.

The toxic lash change was nice?  Thats about it for me.  I don't really like playing Saryn anymore though.

I don't think they're going to change it anytime soon either so I guess this is how she is for now.

Edited by (PS4)ZeroSection

20 hours ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

The toxic lash change was nice?  Thats about it for me.  I don't really like playing Saryn anymore though.

I don't think they're going to change it anytime soon either so I guess this is how she is for now.

This pretty much sums up how I feel too.  Since her rework, I gave her some tries in multiple mission types with each patch and just really hated how she plays now.  She doesn't feel fun or exciting to play anymore, she's just a 'press 4 to win' frame, and because of that, I've refused to play as her ever since, falling back on Khora and Octavia to have fun nowadays since their abilities allow diverse builds and can be used in any situation (I earlier used Khora in the Defection sortie mission and found she works brilliantly, using Strangledome to keep enemies at bay while defectors heal at med stations, then ensnare to keep enemies away during runs between med stations and the exit, and Venari keeping everyone topped up with health, she's a powerhouse of a frame when used right!)

Saryn felt fine during her 2.0 days, and if we could roll back to those, but keep the toxic lash and molt changes, I'm sure it would make a lot of the playerbase happy, but it seems like now that Saryn has been thoroughly ruined for a lot of her fans and those that mained her, DE have moved on to other things, and have no interest in fixing what they've broken, despite the huge outcries it has caused.

6 hours ago, Konachibi said:

Saryn felt fine during her 2.0 days, and if we could roll back to those, but keep the toxic lash and molt changes, I'm sure it would make a lot of the playerbase happy, but it seems like now that Saryn has been thoroughly ruined for a lot of her fans and those that mained her, DE have moved on to other things, and have no interest in fixing what they've broken, despite the huge outcries it has caused.

considering that DE Pablo himself in his twitter said he was dissatisfied with the results and that e should have simply embered her...

Still the rework feels like a ton of work and changes basically to change nothing in the status quo: Saryn still melts enemies way above her weight class, is a caster that's got more armour, health and energy than all the other caster frames, at the same time feels tiresome and clunky to manage and lost half her powers interactions, with her 4 returning to being a nuke... first reason why she was originally reworked. So, much work for nothing? I feel so, and that mantime could have been spent on other, more in need of QoL frames...

I'll post this again just in case.

Toxic Lash, does anyone else hate how the recast resets your output? Just a thought but would it be too much for it to function like Chroma's Vex Armor? So when you recast to refresh just your duration you can keep your current percentage? I hate wen my team's "Growing Power" all sync up on a cast and I'm forced to let it all go. Idk just a thought. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-14 at 8:42 PM, Jakizu said:

I'll post this again just in case.

Toxic Lash, does anyone else hate how the recast resets your output? Just a thought but would it be too much for it to function like Chroma's Vex Armor? So when you recast to refresh just your duration you can keep your current percentage? I hate wen my team's "Growing Power" all sync up on a cast and I'm forced to let it all go. Idk just a thought. 

Toxic lash doesn't have that function as far as I know? If you're using growing power to get that function then that's a team problem, not a toxic lash problem.

On 2018-07-13 at 2:18 AM, Ikusias said:

considering that DE Pablo himself in his twitter said he was dissatisfied with the results and that e should have simply embered her...

Still the rework feels like a ton of work and changes basically to change nothing in the status quo: Saryn still melts enemies way above her weight class, is a caster that's got more armour, health and energy than all the other caster frames, at the same time feels tiresome and clunky to manage and lost half her powers interactions, with her 4 returning to being a nuke... first reason why she was originally reworked. So, much work for nothing? I feel so, and that mantime could have been spent on other, more in need of QoL frames...

People have said many times that they could roll back the changes and give this type of "rework" to a different frame as their own kit. 

Personal opinion here, sounds like hate. 

I really don't know why they can't roll her back.

Don't want to waste effort? Look at limbo. They did it there.

Just feel like she needs to keep the changes? Move her old kit to a new frame. 

Too much time and effort to change it back now? That's sunk cost fallacy and is bad logic that feedback is screaming against. 

They really only needed to change 3 things in her 2.0 stage. 

1) remove spore casting on molt(because they were so afraid of it for some reason. Fine, I'll give em that) give it 50% more damage. Leave it viral proc.

2) toxic lash extending to non-melee weapons but not taking energy regen away(like, guys... you took it away for the reason of, "spore isn't Recastable" but then when it's Recastable you don't give it back? Really?)

3) make it kind of like it is now and just affect enemies under the effect of spore harder. Add corrosive procs.

4) ok 4 things. Make molt like it is now. But that's really all she needed and is all people wanted. 

This is mostly me just being angry at the changes every time I play her because they balanced her around eso, and that's just stupid. Especially since they nerfed her to only work well in eso, but barely.

Like, really? 

That and the line they gave during the most recent dev stream(around the time of this post) just irks me. 

"Can't get the bug for repelling bastille to happen"

... do you even play the game lady? That's not a hard bug to replicate. Just go play vauban in a not dev environment. You'll see it quite often

Edited by (PS4)Kairu_Aname
Angry