The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cross platform gameplay would be great

(XBOX)osh2329 yt

hey guys 

i just would like to say that cross platform (to me) would be good. the amount of twitch streamers that play warframe and i want to play with is unreadable. i don't know how you would make servers to do this but please do. 

but anyway keep up the good work and please give nehza a prime 😉

Just now, (XB1)osh2329 yt said:

i don't know how you would make servers to do this but please do. 

DE cannot do this. Their contracts with Sony/Microsoft prohibit it. DE would need their permission, which will not happen.

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

good luck telling Sony that XD

its not only Sony. Pc get so many Hotfixes, Patches this would not possible on Xbox or Playstation. some Publisher got a special contract that they can update without cert, but i dont think that DE get this contract.

Cross platform between PS4 and Xbone is technologically possible, but good luck getting Sony and Microsoft to play nice in that regard, as they both want as many players on their repsective console as possible. Cross platform between console and PC however is impossible, at least not without slowing down PC updates drastically.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)osh2329 yt said:

[Cross-platform gameplay please]

Impossible for the following reasons:
0: Violates DE's negotiations with Sony and Microsoft. Also, Sony doesn't want to share at all. However, there has been only ONE case where PS4 and Xb1 players got to interact with eachother, and that was that one Fortnite Battle Royale incident. We need more of those 'incidents'. 
1: Console builds require being sent to Certification for Testing. We, the PC Tenno, are the pre-testing puppets employed to find and isolate the bugs. If that was to happen, Console builds would be a lot more buggy than they already are, if there are any bugs there.
2: Platform-specific exclusive cosmetics and items (Founders, Steam-exclusive skins, Console-brand-exclusive skin packs).
3: There was an account migration event ages ago. If DE was to do this again, they would need to strip your account of any/all exclusive items that wouldn't be obtainable on the PC build, or if it was the other way, they'd have to tear off anything that isn't in the console build(s). Not to mention the numerous complicated negotiations they would have to deal with. 

DLC1: The Convergence.
In the end, Consoles will become PCs, and their exclusive content will be migrated to their version of Steam. "The Old War, finally ends." - :sentient: Hunhow 

Edited by Koldraxon-732
DLC1.