Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within (Spoilers)

TheGreenFellow

Question

So, the Golden Maw. My reaction upon being introduced to it was "...

what?" And why are there so many bones? whose bones? How did they end up there?

While evading the Golden Maw, the operator makes a comment about bringing a rope. What's a rope going to do against a golden maw ground-crawling machine? Seems like kind of a strange reaction!

And I just want to note that when I played through TWW, I got stuck on the second visit to mountain and was only able to resume progress after closing and re-opening the game. I don't know if the bug's been fixed yet, if it has, apologies for bringing it up - it's been awhile since some of my notes were jotted down.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

6 answers to this question

1. the maw section plays inside your head, it could be just for immersion... Or, given that it is some sort of orokin ruin(?) you could argue that these are orokin, scavengers, etc. and their corpses from people wandering through looking for a hideout and falliing victim to them. Or maybe "someone" feeded them? who knows honestly.

2. the rope thing is literally just a cynical joke, i wouldnt try to look for logic behind that one personally.

The Ravenous Golden Maw.

Why does it have to be ravenous?

Those bones could be from people trying to loot the place, or were just put there by the Orokin for decorative purpose. They could be fake for all we know. As for the rope comment, Valkyr and Ivara both have ropes which could've come in handy for the Operator, otherwise it was the Operator trying to sustain their and our sanity. 

As for the progression bug... at least it has a temporary fix (DE needs to fix that, but you'll need to elaborate).

Conclusion: I want a Golden Maw companion.

Well you kinda encounter the golden maws after a fall down a cliff sooo... a rope would've indeed made that trip smoother.

As for what the bones are--- maybe the remains of old and withered host bodies the Orokin left behind after their Continuity was complete? Or host candidates that were never selected in the Yuvan Theater by anyone?

Then again it's a dream sequence, which might build from IRL stuff, but isn't necessarily logical.

Edited by Aldrr

since uptill you get to the top of the mountain for the first time is pretty much mostly the mindscape of yours while with the elder queens mind trying to burrow into your.
since the continuity is taking orokin mind an putting it into another body an dont know how long a grineer body would last an she most likely had gone through maybe say all of the bodies those bones belong to.

The point that it's all in the head is a very good one!

On 2018-05-30 at 2:01 AM, Syasob said:

Orokin bones, of course. That's Yuvan Theatre, after all.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Continuity_(Lore)

Seems odd that the Orokin would just discard their old bodies and dump them; surely they'd have a bit of ceremony and preservation attached to them? Those Orokin lockers we see around their towers look a lot like sarcophagi, ya know....