Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker dropping the same loot again and again

tprx

For the last week, I had half a dozen encounters with Shadow Stalker, and he always dropped Dread and Blind Justice. So I was wondering if it was a RNG trick or if there's something wrong with his rotation? Anyone else having a particularly bad deja vu? I'm now up to 8 Dread BP, and no other BP...

Edited by tprx

Unfortunately, the Stalker is a troll, and will troll you even if you're able to take him on properly and consistently win.

More seriously - there's been some conjecture that the Stalker spawns based on one player's Mark will only drop a set loot table before you finish Second Dream, and use a very different loot table after the Second Dream that's a little... weirder in its chances.  I have no idea whether or not this is true, though I have seen some circumstantial evidence that supports this idea.

MR 24, I've been playing for years. I've seen 1 dispair, 2 hate, about 10 war, and I have no clue how many Dread, over 50 I'm sure.

It's just the way it is.

I just with that with the rareness of Hate, it didn't suck so much.

Edited by Mos-Eisley
Typo

Got all Stalker weapons on my first week in the game... they have a low drop chance, so just keep trying.

6 hours ago, rhoenix said:

More seriously - there's been some conjecture that the Stalker spawns based on one player's Mark will only drop a set loot table before you finish Second Dream, and use a very different loot table after the Second Dream that's a little... weirder in its chances.  I have no idea whether or not this is true, though I have seen some circumstantial evidence that supports this idea.

Before the Second Dream, you fight the Stalker.

After that quest, you fight the SHADOW Stalker. IIRC, only the latter drops War.

Edited by Guest

Shadow Stalker Blueprint Drop Chance: 50.00%
  Scimitar Engines Blueprint Rare (2.01%)
  Broken War Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  Dread Blueprint Very Common (75.88%)
  Despair Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  Hate Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  War Blueprint Rare (5.53%)

when you have a 75% chance to get the dread... you're gonna get the dread a lot

EDIT: also there's the 50% chance for any BP to drop at all so...

Edited by hellodownthere

Finally got a different result. I was in a pub fissure hunt when another player got the Stalker attack. We only received a mod for downing him. Guess the 37.94 % over-all chance of getting the dreaded Dread finally broke!

Btw, for the other weapons BP, the chances are 2.765 % and 1.005 % for the Scimitar Engines BP when you take the 50 % chances of Stalker dropping a BP into account.

4 hours ago, hellodownthere said:
Shadow Stalker Blueprint Drop Chance: 50.00%
  Scimitar Engines Blueprint Rare (2.01%)
  Broken War Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  Dread Blueprint Very Common (75.88%)
  Despair Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  Hate Blueprint Rare (5.53%)
  War Blueprint Rare (5.53%)

when you have a 75% chance to get the dread... you're gonna get the dread a lot

EDIT: also there's the 50% chance for any BP to drop at all so...

I noticed your chart was a little off, it’s actually as follows:

Dread 360%

Nothing else. I have enough dreads to open a wholesale supply. 131 dreads in 75 days........................ i “dread” seeing the stalker come in.

I think DE should have updated the Stalker years ago, he should get a new drop pool every prime, or 2x at the most. His weapons should grow like the game.

He could even have weapons vaulted for a time.

Additionally he could drop alt helmets for excalibur, anybody every wanted to have a Stalker helm?