Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

headshot from 100m away "ALONE" riven

Titemilius

Question

my riven challenge says that i have to kill 12 enemies with headshots from at least 100m away alone. what does alone mean??? i tried going in the plains solo, tried to get the enemy alone (without his squad, singling him out), sometimes the quest seems to be active, sometimes not... i need guidance on what ALONE means here

16 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Yeah, game gets a bit specific and doesn't explain everything.  In general, handle Riven challenges in Solo mode anyways, otherwise you'll just look weird.

Except for the "Complete Exterminate without being detected" one, unless you're confident you can do it straight. It's best to do that one in a squad and just explain what's going on as you hang back at the spawn and just wait.

2 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Except for the "Complete Exterminate without being detected" one, unless you're confident you can do it straight. It's best to do that one in a squad and just explain what's going on as you hang back at the spawn and just wait.

That's generally the one exception to the rule, either that or Synthesis targets.  But if you get the 'alone' clause, well, you're SOL.

59 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

That specific challenge I do solo just so others won't mess up and cause detection by the enemies.  :clem:

On 2018-06-10 at 8:57 PM, DatDarkOne said:

That specific challenge I do solo just so others won't mess up and cause detection by the enemies.  :clem:

Unless it has something like "without alarms" modifiers, others being detected doesn't trigger your fail - only if you are detected. Ivara -> stay in stealth for the whole mission -> complete.

1 minute ago, Tomppak said:

Unless it has something like "without alarms" modifiers, others being detected doesn't trigger your fail - only if you are detected. Ivara -> stay in stealth for the whole mission -> complete.

Maybe I should have been a little more specific.  I do almost everything with Ivara and solo.  😁   For the AW ones, I use Itzal.  

On 2018-06-10 at 8:20 PM, Titemilius said:

my riven challenge says that i have to kill 12 enemies with headshots from at least 100m away alone. what does alone mean??? i tried going in the plains solo, tried to get the enemy alone (without his squad, singling him out), sometimes the quest seems to be active, sometimes not... i need guidance on what ALONE means here

I had this challenge before.

You do it alone with no one in your squad. now the trick it to know how far you are from an enemy

to do that mark him, and it will show you the exact distance.

use dead eye mod or similar, depending on the weapon

I used loki, its easier when you are invisible

On 2018-06-10 at 8:26 PM, Titemilius said:

i have done that already but it didnt show up, im thinking there was a bug of some sort but i think thats a bit much. i did not however, put my game in solo, even tho i had no one with me

ill try that

you were not 100 m away or did not get a headshot

Mark your enemy, it will point the exact distance you are away from him

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

You do it alone with no one in your squad. now the trick it to know how far you are from an enemy

to do that mark him, and it will show you the exact distance.

The Arca Scisco shows the exact range in the hud.  I think all sniper scopes do as well.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

The Arca Scisco shows the exact range in the hud.  I think all sniper scopes do as well.  

true.

But if it is a similar riven mod to mine, it was for a shotgun, so i wasn't able to use a sniper.

I had to use a secondary