Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick theory on the sacrifice

DarkDeskes

Just popped into my head after watching the E3 Trailer and thought i should share it.

So what if Umbra is Lotus? 
it sounds weird but hear me out, i vaguely remember something from the Harrow questline about being almost infused inside of a warframe right? Now when you watch the trailer when Umbra looks at (their) hands they almost look surprised at their body(?) or their very angry

Then on top of that we see that asshat near the end say something along the lines of "howl all you want, it wont bring him back" 
And correct me if im wrong but didn't space mom leave with the guy because she recognized him or something?
Maybe he is corrupted and betrays her or something by locking her in a warframe?

i have no idea, just a thought.

When i saw your post a knew it would be good(funny as hell) and you sir did not disappoint:"So what if Umbra is Lotus?"

Im sorry but no,its just farrrrr fetched to be considered a theory.

Edited by Heiven

Him.. I think they refer to Stalker and he sacrificed himself upon learning a major truth about the Tenno. Ballas took control of the Warframes and killed the orokin for the Margulis execution, not the Tenno. So he has been living in a lie or smth and Stalker does smth to himself and his Warframe turns into a vengeful Umbra.

Lol

Edited by Daziri

1 minute ago, Daziri said:

Ballas took control of the Warframes

Good point i didnt think of that.Also that could explane why on the sacrifice site Ballas replies "but you cannot defy your creator".

33 minutes ago, Daziri said:

Him.. I think they refer to Stalker and he sacrificed himself upon learning a majoer truth about the Tenno. Ballas took control of the Warframes and killed the orokin for the Margulis execution, not the Tenno. So he has been living in a lie or smth and Stalker does smth to himself and his Warframe turns into a vengeful Umbra.

Lol

This is the closest we have to any actual speculation. Considering that isn't the voice of Ballas and more closely resembles Hunhows it would make sense. After all If you just take a quick glance at Stalker you can see he has nearly the exact same body as Umbra (this is including the cloth in between his legs) which would in fact mean that Umbra is a earlier version of The Stalker just without when he first "lost" his operator. And who was the one who took the Stalker under his wing and care? 

This also can be linked back to when back to when Hunhow refers to Stalker's "Despair" as he states to Stalker after staring down the Operator "You hesitate, Shadow, but remember your despair.". This would in this case make it more clear that Umbra is linked to the Stalker and Hunhow as Hunhow refers to the Stalker's past. Hunhow also states towards the Stalker acting as a mentor in the Orbiter and states "All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself.". 

If all of what I say is true based on speculation and current lore then that would also explain why the Stalker is nicknamed "Shadow Stalker" or "Shadow". As he is a Shadow of his past self. A Warframe who had an operator.

(This also links into why the Operators Warframe can act on its own accord in the second dream)

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust. Coincidence, I think not because they allways had either misc customization items or something based on update if we talk about placeable decorations and its also a very strange choice to giveaway golden Teshin bust when he is not the focus of the quest. Also a very strange choice of words in the trailer "Howl all you want, it won't bring him back", so its not like we will lose Lotus and its not Ballas because operator wont care much about his death, the howl part is most likely about the Umbras scream before the words are said. So we 100% will lose a male character close to us and he will most likely be killed by Ballas and that death will trigger the umbra system (whatever it is).

Also they wont get rid of operators, because too much work went into them to just scrap them.

Edited by NeroXero

1 minute ago, NeroXero said:

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust. Coincidence, I think not because they allways had either misc customization items or something based on update if we talk about placeable decorations and its also a very strange choice to giveaway golden Teshin bust when he is not the focus of the quest. Also a very strange choice of words in the trailer "Howl all you want, it won't bring him back", so its not like we will lose Lotus and its not Ballas because operator wont care much about his death, the howl part is most likely about the Umbras scream before the words are said. So we 100% will lose a male character close to us and he will most likely be killed by Ballas and that death will trigger the umbra system (whatever it is).

I can definitely see something like that happening

On 2018-06-12 at 1:32 PM, NeroXero said:

And it happened

1 минуту назад, E-N-E-R-G-Y сказал:

And it happened

nah i was wrong a bit

open only if completed the sacrifice.

Спойлер

this quest is more about the nature of warframes , that orokin used helminth to cultivate a specific strand of infestation and infected best warriors with it, the warriors then turned into infected but they could not be controlled until tenno appeared. Umbra was one of them and ballas infected him and forced him to attack his own son.