Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<<LIMBO FEEDBACK>> Stasis Duration -> Stasis toggle

Noabettiet

20 hours ago, Insizer said:

You really think that they would allow passive energy regen for a toggle Stasis when they don't with WoF and every other toggle on every other frame?  If anything, DE would make it so the energy drain would ramp up over time or something just because of how powerful Stasis is and because of Limbo's two innate forms of energy regen.

I just dont find the current Stasis annoying enough to warrant making it a toggle.

You literally quoted me cite an example of a warframe that allows passive energy regen while a toggle skill is on. What the hell.
But alas, 
it could just handicap the energy regen, which isn't a big deal too considering you can have multiple forms of energy regen stacked, from both: tenno skills and auras. 
You've also got limbos extra 10 energy from kills, in case you need more energy.

21 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Because having the ability always be active would make Limbo far too strong. Limbo can already pick his engagements via jumping into and out of the rift and by picking those engagements enemies are then locked in time unable to actually affect Limbo. Stasis being a timed ability a brief period where stasis ends and enemies are able to briefly attack limbo (which can be worked around by recasting Stasis in 1 spot), if Stasis s a toggle remove that brief window where Limbo can actually be harmed.

Making stasis a toggle isn't a QoL life but another direct buff to the skill. Unless you're willing sacrifice another aspect such as limiting stasis to a set AoE or some other nerf, you're just making an already buffed skill even stronger.

And that doesn't actually justify why stasis should be infinite anyway. You're arguing that one skill should be OP because another skill is a prequiste, except Limbo is suppose to be in the Rift anywhere as that's his mechanic. WHich is why he has energy generation as a passive of bot the frame and the Rift, he's meant to be casting alot of skills.

Because half a second to recast stasis is a major downfall, how?

Enemies ARE ONLY FROZEN within the rift while it is active. They can't stay FROZEN forever, even if the stasis is infinite, because THERE IS A DURATION for how long they can stay on the rift too.

And no, i am not arguing a skill should be OP because there is another skill prerequisite, I am arguing that recasting rift is an unnecessary step and should just be a toggle.
Weather or not, they balance energy regen with toggle rift, is beyond me and honestly doesn't concern me as much if it is really necessary.

You are the only one who brought the OP argument into this. I am basically saying, that toggle or not, he's still the same frame, just that doesn't have two durations to take care of.

Edited by Noabettiet
butts

5 hours ago, mactrent said:

And what's this greatest attribute now? You already said it takes away energy regen, which I've already responded to with a big nope.  Would you mind reading the rest of the posts (to be fair, I've typed a lot) then being just a tad more specific on your further points?

If you just don't want this change that's ok, but if you're gonna call it dumb at least read it and say which part doesn't make sense. It seems like you read and responded only to the same post twice and misunderstood it in the same way twice.

As for low duration, if you do run a low duration build you could at least decide if you wanted an even shorter duration without wasting anything, or if energy is less important to you than keeping those guys froze right now. It keeps you from min-maxing Stasis to irrelevance, which can currently be done without harming his other powers - it's just a different playstyle which would benefit from this.

"Don't run low duration" just for the sake of one ability when the rest work fine at low duration isn't an argument against changing that one ability.

It will stop energy regen. Toggle abilities prevent energy regeneration from abilities.

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

It will stop energy regen. Toggle abilities prevent energy regeneration from abilities.

Ok, you did say exactly that before, to which I said "nope".  Even assuming you're right, though, let's say our suggestion specifically says "don't disable the 2e/s nor the 10e/kill", and it was implemented that way.  Would that entirely remove your objection?  How about your reason for calling it a dumb change?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

How would it not get nerfed? If its toggle which means u can activate and forget... And u still regen energy? How could it be balanced in the least?

I'm just gonna leave this here.  If you're not even going to read what you're responding to, I think we're done with any reasoned discussion.

Edited by mactrent

6 hours ago, mactrent said:

I'm just gonna leave this here.  If you're not even going to read what you're responding to, I think we're done with any reasoned discussion.

I disagree with a toggle. I like duration and i like the balance it brings. A toggle would almost certainly get stasis nerfed. 

I'm on the side of non-toggle personally.

If done even half assedly, Limbo is basically invincible as is.  I think the fact that you might forget to retoggle the Stasis makes you actually have to slightly pay attention to "Caution", instead of throwing it out of the window.  We have 2 enemies

1.  Nullifiers

2.  Forgetting about Stasis

I love Limbo as is, and I'd hate to see his extremely unique playstyle get revamped or nerfed, due to a QoL change.

On 2018-07-10 at 12:47 PM, Noabettiet said:

You literally quoted me cite an example of a warframe that allows passive energy regen while a toggle skill is on. What the hell.
But alas, 
it could just handicap the energy regen, which isn't a big deal too considering you can have multiple forms of energy regen stacked, from both: tenno skills and auras. 
You've also got limbos extra 10 energy from kills, in case you need more energy.

warframe wiki:

World on Fire: "Energy Siphon, Harrow's Thurible, Limbo's Rift Plane's energy regeneration, Trinity's Energy Vampire, Zenurik's Energizing Dash, and Ember's Ignition passive energy regeneration are deactivated while World on Fire is channeled....As per all toggled abilities, Trinity's Energy Vampire and Team Energy Restores do not replenish energy while World on Fire is toggled on"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember#Abilities

Look I just don't find your "quality of life" change to be all that an improvement to his quality of life.  He is fine.  On another note, I think that people will perceive this QoL change to be a buff and want Stasis nerfed again.  And I don't want to have to mod efficiency to counter what would be a large energy drain considering Stasis's strength.

Edited by Insizer

On 2018-06-12 at 4:09 PM, Noabettiet said:

As tittle implies, changing it to a channeling ability from a duration based one.
There is nothing that will hurt this, but make it more practical.

Quality of life you may say. Negative duration doesn't really matter, since stasis requires enemies to be within "limbo's rift", which is still bound by duration.
This puts an bigger emphasis that limbo is at his best, within the rift, which is already the intention. And doesn't require DE to change plans in what they are planning to do to him.

That's all.
Thank you.

I'm all for this. 15e/s at base.