The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Least seen Warframes?

Risetre

On 2018-06-12 at 10:45 PM, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

What I am saying is that a good frame is relevant, she is not played because she is not relevant. Anything she can do well another frame can do better.

Oh really.  Please tell us which frame flies better than Titania.

3 minutes ago, Homicider said:

You go too specific buddy, what frames can move faster than her? or move quickly using less energy? c'mon now man.

That rhetorical question is like me saying " Oh, what frame is better at summoning an exalted blade ?"

Edited by (XB1)PredakingXYT

Relevance is also an opinion. Regularly see many people carry a team with your said “bad” frames. Oh that wukong that is tanking and staying alive can also run around and pick up downed allies no problem. Titania can buff the whole team with damage reflection a chance for the enemy to miss extra companion damage and also can turn enemies into a floating attractor

I mainly do public or my regular gaming group.  Mainly do relic or sortie missions.

in public I almost never see Atlas or Trinity the most.  Onslaught recently brought out the Trinity frames though.

in my regular gaming group we don't use Trinity anymore , we have all played long enough to manage our health and energy pools just fine without her.

Edited by Dougram

3 minutes ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

Relevance is also an opinion. Regularly see many people carry a team with your said “bad” frames. Oh that wukong that is tanking and staying alive can also run around and pick up downed allies no problem. Titania can buff the whole team with damage reflection a chance for the enemy to miss extra companion damage and also can turn enemies into a floating attractor

Relevance is not an opinion, "irrelevant" frames can do well, because "bad" is an opinion. But relevant frames are those which have abilities that are almost designed to do well in the "endgame" or main game modes. As I said, "irrelevant" frames can do well in those modes, but the frame was not made for them and so the player must try a little harder/build for it.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Relevance is not an opinion, "irrelevant" frames can do well, because "bad" is an opinion. But relevant frames are those which have abilities that are almost designed to do well in the "endgame" or main game modes. As I said, "irrelevant" frames can do well in those modes, but the frame was not made for them and so the player must try a little harder/build for it.

Arguing against subjective reasoning with your own subjective reasoning is such a waste of time.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Most of the named frames are relevant still wukong for his self preservation and damage...if your down your not killing ..Titania brings a lot to the group but most only tunnel vision on ability and don’t explore other options -50% chance to be hit is significant name another frame that can debutf enemies like that...And she can add damage reflection to the team again that’s a nice skill works well with unairu’s damage reflection. The damage scaling at your supposed “endgame” is crazy so a good Titania on the team can prevent a good amount and also when you do get hit you dish some damage back. I tell all new players to get Titania ASAP cus she is a great asset to a team when you actually use all her abilities not just her exalted form

1 minute ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

Most of the named frames are relevant still wukong for his self preservation and damage...if your down your not killing ..Titania brings a lot to the group but most only tunnel vision on ability and don’t explore other options -50% chance to be hit is significant name another frame that can debutf enemies like that...And she can add damage reflection to the team again that’s a nice skill works well with unairu’s damage reflection. The damage scaling at your supposed “endgame” is crazy so a good Titania on the team can prevent a good amount and also when you do get hit you dish some damage back. I tell all new players to get Titania ASAP cus she is a great asset to a team when you actually use all her abilities not just her exalted form

I would agree with most of this, however, when I am calling these frames irrelevant I am saying.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

relevant frames are those which have abilities that are almost designed to do well in the "endgame" or main game modes. As I said, "irrelevant" frames can do well in those modes, but the frame was not made for them and so the player must try a little harder/build for it.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

And your reply is also, a waste of time, I guess you have some to waste then, as it adds nothing of value to OP's question nor the conversation above.

Pointing out that you are using subjective reasoning to try invalidating the other person's subjective reasoning is not a waste of time, because it shows your argument to be without validity as well.  

4 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Pointing out that you are using subjective reasoning to try invalidating the other person's subjective reasoning is not a waste of time, because it shows your argument to be without validity as well.  

Not really, I made valid points about warframes usability and usefulness, but, whatever, this thread is off-topic as it is.

All I was saying in my first post is that there are reasons that certain frames are used less. If you dislike my opinion on that, okay, form yourself an opinion of your own.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Not really, I made valid points about warframes usability and usefulness, 

Oh?

33 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Relevance is not an opinion, 

Um, it sure is.  

relevant frames are those which have abilities that are almost designed to do well in the "endgame" or main game modes.

Personal definition of "relevant" and "irrelevant", thus subjective.  Please link to me where this governing online videogame body has officially defined the use of the word "irrelevant" to mean what you say it does.  If you can't, than it does not exist.  

but the frame was not made for them

Conjecture.  DE rarely releases info about what a specific role warframe was "made for".  Even then, they never say "X warframe is not supposed to be X role."  You're relying on your personal opinion on what frames are "made for", thus subjective.  

Edited by AlMcFly

3 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

Oh?

Um, it sure is.  

Personal definition of "relevant" and "irrelevant", thus subjective.  Please link to me where this governing online videogame body has officially defined the use of the word "irrelevant" to mean what you say it does.  If you can't, than it does not exist.  

Conjecture.  DE rarely releases info about what a specific role warframe was "made for".  Even then, they never say "X warframe is not supposed to be X role."  You're relying on your personal opinion on what frames are "made for", thus subjective.  

Oh ok, so frames like Nyx, weren't made for controlling enemies, Rhino for tanking dmg and buffing it, Chroma, the same, etc ? C'mon pal, yes warframes are built for certain things.

10 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

This is wrong on two levels:

1 - Ash can do things neither Loki nor Cali are able to do. Ash has uniquely  powerful Bleed procs via his passive, increasing what is arguably the best type of damage/status in the game. Via augments, Ash is able to strip Armor off targets very cheaply, and he can render an entire squad (including NPCs) instantly invisible.

2 - Calling one frame a poor substitute for two frames is just wrong on principle because a player can only use one frame at a time. You can't bring both Loki and Excalibur's benefits into the same mission on the same loadout, unless you bring Ash. Calling Ash "Loki + damage" or "Cal + Stealth" is fine, but saying he's a poor substitute for the two of them combined doesn't make any sense.

those unique things can largely be ignored by just using the loki/excal frames and just bringing a gun of hurt.  also yes you cant bring 2 frames at once but you can bring a frame fit for purpose, ash doesnt really suit any purpore that others cant manage better, hes not the best mobility frame, hes not the best armor stripping frame, hes not the best invisibility frame he is somewhere in the middle performing pretty average at all those things.

9 hours ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

How can you say Wukong is weak lol he can be nigh unkillable and destroy his weapon gains a natural reach and his defy can be insanely powerful with a handful of common mods

in practice tho many would rather bring nidus to perform the exact same role, being unkillable isnt that big a deal unless your purposely facetanking mobs for some reason.

10 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

You uh...you seem to look at them very objectively huh, don't even want them for fun? I hope you're not 1 of those players who b*tch at people during a mission on what frame they play with. I play Ash, not cause of usefulness to the team, f*ck that, if i want to be truly supportive to the team then i'll pick a warframe based around support. I play Ash cause i find it fun. Don't you have a warframe that's not necessarily useful to the team but is fun to use? If you have one that's both, power to you man, you do you. But any warframe can contribute to the team if the person controlling that warframe isn't a d*ck who leaves his team to die, i'm sure you've met some of those.

i also play underperforming frames, that just means im a bit stupid and taking a self hardmode route, it doesnt change the fact that underperforming frames......underperform, as mentioned elsewhere, mostly the ones that that mimic other useful frames.  You can indeed use any frame and be effective to a point, that doesnt mean we should have frames that are nothing but mastery fodder and largely a copy of other frames but have a new skin (we already have this with normal and prime frames, we dont need more dilution)

This would not be a huge problem if some frames did not outright copy the bulk of another frames abilities, rather than spread those copied abilities around more.  Why does nezha near perfectly mimic rhino, why does atlas near perfectly mimic nekros, why couldnt they just inherit 1 ability from those other frames instead of many.  This is why we have untouched frames, because they get compared to what they are weak copies of.

Nyx is a good example of an underused frame, years back she was very useful to handle high level ODD, nowadays tho you are likely to get shouted at for slowing down the pace of the game for using Chaos and Absorb just doesnt have time to be of any use unless solo as your teammates will just insta-clear a room with their weapons/abilities before absorb can do anything, she is an unfortunate relic of the past when there wasnt as many overpowered weapons and abilities, today she is just redundant.

10 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

You uh...you seem to look at them very objectively huh, don't even want them for fun? I hope you're not 1 of those players who b*tch at people during a mission on what frame they play with. I play Ash, not cause of usefulness to the team, f*ck that, if i want to be truly supportive to the team then i'll pick a warframe based around support. I play Ash cause i find it fun. Don't you have a warframe that's not necessarily useful to the team but is fun to use? If you have one that's both, power to you man, you do you. But any warframe can contribute to the team if the person controlling that warframe isn't a d*ck who leaves his team to die, i'm sure you've met some of those.

asumption is the mother of many a mistake, you can assume all you want but never once have i said anything about players and what they personally do, everything i have said points to the underlying problem with several warframe abilities leading to exactly what the OP was requesting, info on least seen warframes and why.

I also use some weak frames, just to be different, that doesnt mean those frames do not have issues just because i force myself to tryhard with the weaker frame(s), they do have issues, and they do need addressed.  Burying your head in the sand regarding some frames isnt going to help in the long run and will onyl lead to future frames that copy current frames.

You have argued your point and fair play but you didnt really touch on my exact major issues like frames that near outright copy other frames and why you think that is acceptable leading to under represented frames, not because the frame is weak and terrible, but because they are just copies of another frame and dont do that copied role as well.  Then theres things like titania pixie form not having vacuum or a large enough energy pool which obviously annoys people into just not bothering, these arent made up things, some of the things mentioned here have been long standing issues for years.

8 hours ago, Homicider said:

she flies slower than a frame on foot can bullet jump, id say valk can actually do a better/faster in-air job than titania most missions, and wont run out of energy as fast or have to stop and shoot containers/mobs and manually fly into energy orbs to continue flying.

8 hours ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

"theory" is all fine, but why do you suppose that doesnt actually happen much in practice, explain that and you have just fixed one under-represented warframe, gj.

8 hours ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

or in comparison to your example, bring 1 trinity and perform the same/similar roles you just mentioned, only wrapped in 1 warframe, not 2, and still bring energy restore on top of that and have a higher energy pool to fuel it all.

Edited by Methanoid

2 hours ago, Exanguinate said:

those unique things can largely be ignored by just using the loki/excal frames and just bringing a gun of hurt.  also yes you cant bring 2 frames at once but you can bring a frame fit for purpose, ash doesnt really suit any purpore that others cant manage better, hes not the best mobility frame, hes not the best armor stripping frame, hes not the best invisibility frame he is somewhere in the middle performing pretty average at all those things.

No gun can easily replace 100% instant armor strip, instant oneshot with CL or 100,000+ finisher damage that deletes groups of lvl 150 armored enemies.

Also, so what if Ash isn't the "best" at armor strip, invisibility, or mobility. It's the fact that he can do all those things at once. No other frame can strip armor, go invisible, proc finishers at will, and deal ridiculous finisher damage with slash procs all at once.

I understand your point but sometimes being able to do multiple things at once is better than just doing one of them.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101