Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Least seen Warframes?

Risetre

22 hours ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Titania, Nezha, Wukong, Vauban.

Coincidentally all bad frames with only a few ( if any) niche uses.

and yet many "bad" frames are easily fixed with a few QOL changes, like giving titania that vacuum addition to pixie form that everyone has been screaming for, regular archwing can do it, still amazes me pixie form cant.  Same applies to plenty of other weak frames that are underused, often because of small lingering qol issues or because newer frames just overshadow the older ones in all ways meaningful.

ash?  a poor mans loki+excal combo, he has nothing other frames cant do much better, leaving ash pretty average and un-needed
loki?  still decent frame imho, but since ivara landed all his bag of tricks are pretty much overshadowed.
atlas?  cant think of a single reason to want him for any mission type i often play, none of his abilitys are of much use, his passive is more use than most of his abilities.
mag?  used to like her, now tho her bubble just feels like a hindrance to other players, other abilities pretty *meh* nowadays
titania?  3 rubbish abilitys that only burn energy you cant afford to waste, only pixie form has any use but still cant vacuum loot, even primed, her energy pool is too low to attempt popping in/out of pixie form to pickup loot.
wukong?  not a single useful ability, poor mans excal with a poor mans invis knockoff thrown in, not surprised i dont see him, brings nothing of use to the field, mastery fodder

abilities as always make or break a frame usefulness, its easy to see which are under-represented, just sit in the recruitment channel and see people forming groups, they will ask for specific frames for whatever task their doing, typically the quick list of frames i made above will never appear in a "must have" request because their abilitys are vanilla, obsolete or overshadowed by other frames, its typically these "does generic damage" with maybe 1 situationally useful ability that get ignored.

is your group better for having an ash, nezha, wukong or mag in your group?  not really any frame can dish damage like they do, how about trinity?  yeah a group heal and damage reduction buff, thats useful, lets take that, how about nezha?  *shrug* just take a rhino, hes the same but has a group buff thrown in.  theres countless other examples of weak frames.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

and yet many "bad" frames are easily fixed with a few QOL changes, like giving titania that vacuum addition to pixie form that everyone has been screaming for, regular archwing can do it, still amazes me pixie form cant.  Same applies to plenty of other weak frames that are underused, often because of small lingering qol issues or because newer frames just overshadow the older ones in all ways meaningful.

ash?  a poor mans loki+excal combo, he has nothing other frames cant do much better, leaving ash pretty average and un-needed
loki?  still decent frame imho, but since ivara landed all his bag of tricks are pretty much overshadowed.
atlas?  cant think of a single reason to want him for any mission type i often play, none of his abilitys are of much use, his passive is more use than most of his abilities.
mag?  used to like her, now tho her bubble just feels like a hindrance to other players, other abilities pretty *meh* nowadays
titania?  3 rubbish abilitys that only burn energy you cant afford to waste, only pixie form has any use but still cant vacuum loot, even primed, her energy pool is too low to attempt popping in/out of pixie form to pickup loot.
wukong?  not a single useful ability, poor mans excal with a poor mans invis knockoff thrown in, not surprised i dont see him, brings nothing of use to the field, mastery fodder

abilities as always make or break a frame usefulness, its easy to see which are under-represented, just sit in the recruitment channel and see people forming groups, they will ask for specific frames for whatever task their doing, typically the quick list of frames i made above will never appear in a "must have" request because their abilitys are vanilla, obsolete or overshadowed by other frames, its typically these "does generic damage" with maybe 1 situationally useful ability that get ignored.

is your group better for having an ash, nezha, wukong or mag in your group?  not really any frame can dish damage like they do, how about trinity?  yeah a group heal and damage reduction buff, thats useful, lets take that, how about nezha?  *shrug* just take a rhino, hes the same but has a group buff thrown in.  theres countless other examples of weak frames.

Honestly, the whole "poor man's x" is a sloppy argument. For example calling Ash a "poor man's Loki+excal" doesn't make sense because those two frames aren't related in the first place and they can't do things like strip armor or deal true damage like Ash can.

It's like calling an apple a "poor man's orange+banana"

Also just because a frame isn't in the "Meta" doesn't mean it's bad. Hell, just because the frame is in the "Meta" doesn't mean it's good either. Take Chroma for example, you always see people request and use him for Eidolon hunting but never anywhere else or how most people only use Equinox for focus farming/ESO nowadays. Mesa isn't used in ESO or Eidolon hunting but people still use her.

You also have to take into account of playstyles and "fun". Because if everyone only used the "Best" frame for everything than literally everybody would use Octavia but thankfully that's not the case. Every frame is unique in their own way, so a frame you and I may find useless can be ridiculously powerful in someone else's hands.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Angryspy101 said:

Every frame is unique in their own way so a frame you and I may find useless can be ridiculously powerful in someone else's hands.

Definitely this. This is what i mostly see in the Warframe & Abilities Feedback Forums. 

Edited by VPrime96

3 hours ago, (XB1)Angryspy101 said:

Honestly, the whole "poor man's x" is a sloppy argument. For example calling Ash a "poor man's Loki+excal" doesn't make sense because those two frames aren't related in the first place and they can't do things like strip armor or deal true damage like Ash can.

It's like calling an apple a "poor man's orange+banana"

Also just because a frame isn't in the "Meta" doesn't mean it's bad. Hell, just because the frame is in the "Meta" doesn't mean it's good either. Take Chroma for example, you always see people request and use him for Eidolon hunting but never anywhere else or how most people only use Equinox for focus farming/ESO nowadays. Mesa isn't used in ESO or Eidolon hunting but people still use her.

You also have to take into account of playstyles and "fun". Because if everyone only used the "Best" frame for everything than literally everybody would use Octavia but thankfully that's not the case. Every frame is unique in their own way, so a frame you and I may find useless can be ridiculously powerful in someone else's hands.

Ash is a poor mans excal+loki because he has invisibility like loki and a teleport'alike ability, only a shorter duration...much like loki, he has skills revolving around direct damage and enhanced mobility, much the same as excalibur, he has nothing really unique or different, he is just a blend of 2 other frames wrapped in a different skin.  The same can be said of nezha being a near carbon copy of rhino.

Being "meta" or the best doesnt even factor into matters, it all boils down to a frame bringing something useful or different, the popular frames are the ones that bring solid, unique and useful abilities, the ones that are rarely used are the ones that bring generic damage abilities or are just copies of what other useful frames already posess.

if you want a frame that can turn invisible, why would you want ash over loki or ivara?
if you want a temp damage sponge and crowd control, why would you want nezha over rhino?
why would you ever use an atlas for loot or cc when nekros does the same only better?
Chroma?  his potential credit boost buff doesnt actually work unless his effigy lands a killing blow.

The list can go on and on, the main issue is that when a poor/weak frame mimicks another frame they often do it fully instead of just 1 or 2 abilities, atlas being a prime example, his 1st ability copies the usual direct damage ability most frames have, in this example tho its still not far off Nekros 1st ability, his second ability, another damage dealer with the wall/blunt gimmick, fair one, this isnt copying Nekros, his 3rd ability affects multiple enemies, cc's them and makes them take more damage, yeah this again sounds like a knockoff/variant of nekros terrify which also does group cc and causes mobs to take more damage, his 4th ability spawns some adds....owait, yeah were back to nekros again, copying his shadows.

So here we cant help but compare Atlas to Nekros, purely because 3 of atlas abilities are just copied and pasted from nekros and had a bit of a rework done, had it only been 1 or at the most 2 abilities being similar then fair play but 3, absolutely 1 of these frames will get used and the other is left as the weak knockoff.  this is also the case for Nezha vs Rhino, Ash vs Loki/Excal, Trinity vs Harrow, Inaros vs Nidus etc.

Too many similarities in either ability or roles, also too many important buffs/abilities wrapped into 1 single frame, trinity/harrow being prime examples, as both are able to heal as well as provide energy to the team, why 2 frames to do the same job?  why have health and energy, our 2 main required assets in 1 frame, why dont they provide 1 of those, leaving the remaining asset for another frame, would losing the energy buff from harrow or trinity make us not use them?  nope because a solid heal is useful, the same applies if you removed the health regen, having an energy restore still makes those frame worth using, i would personally spread the regen of hp/energy to different frames, 1 frame shouldnt have both stacked on top of their other useful abilities.

Too many frames have either all the good stuff, or simply nothing of worth at all which is why we see (or rather dont) so many underused frames.

I never see Mag being played except for myself, she's my favourite frame. x_X;  Outside of that, I very rarely see Nyx.  After those two, I actually very rarely see Titania or Atlas lol...

I'd say I see Saryn and Banshee way more in Onslaught. Loki/Ivara appear in sorties a lot. Ember I actually see far more than I thought I would despite her being butchered (in my opinion).  

3 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Ash is a poor mans excal+loki because he has invisibility like loki and a teleport'alike ability, only a shorter duration...much like loki, he has skills revolving around direct damage and enhanced mobility, much the same as excalibur

This is wrong on two levels:

1 - Ash can do things neither Loki nor Cali are able to do. Ash has uniquely  powerful Bleed procs via his passive, increasing what is arguably the best type of damage/status in the game. Via augments, Ash is able to strip Armor off targets very cheaply, and he can render an entire squad (including NPCs) instantly invisible.

2 - Calling one frame a poor substitute for two frames is just wrong on principle because a player can only use one frame at a time. You can't bring both Loki and Excalibur's benefits into the same mission on the same loadout, unless you bring Ash. Calling Ash "Loki + damage" or "Cal + Stealth" is fine, but saying he's a poor substitute for the two of them combined doesn't make any sense.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎13 at 8:09 AM, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i think it been over a year since i saw any ash or nyx around

Then you guys don't go in too many pubs cause i see Ash a lot(other than me), tho i will agree on Nyx, i rarely see her, or Atlas for that matter. And Wukong, Loki(har har), Chroma, Vauban, Nezha, Gara, Nidus(idk why, he's cool) and Khora.

What i’m mostly surprised about is how Valkyr is listed here as one of the least seen. Well, i play her but even when i’m not, i would still see her. I would be in a Squad of three Valkyrs but that’s rare for me.

Edited by VPrime96

10 hours ago, Methanoid said:

is your group better for having an ash, nezha, wukong or mag in your group?  not really any frame can dish damage like they do, how about trinity?  yeah a group heal and damage reduction buff, thats useful, lets take that, how about nezha?  *shrug* just take a rhino, hes the same but has a group buff thrown in.  theres countless other examples of weak frames

Enjoyed reading this. Your poor man's comparison gave me a good laugh. 

Edited by Azrael_V

You uh...you seem to look at them very objectively huh, don't even want them for fun? I hope you're not 1 of those players who b*tch at people during a mission on what frame they play with. I play Ash, not cause of usefulness to the team, f*ck that, if i want to be truly supportive to the team then i'll pick a warframe based around support. I play Ash cause i find it fun. Don't you have a warframe that's not necessarily useful to the team but is fun to use? If you have one that's both, power to you man, you do you. But any warframe can contribute to the team if the person controlling that warframe isn't a d*ck who leaves his team to die, i'm sure you've met some of those.

11 hours ago, Methanoid said:

How can you say Wukong is weak lol he can be nigh unkillable and destroy his weapon gains a natural reach and his defy can be insanely powerful with a handful of common mods

1 minute ago, (PS4)delbert29720 said:

his defy can be insanely powerful with a handful of common mods

Might need to re-evaluate your definition of "common". 

Regardless, they merely said he's just not useful enough. Which is almost objectively true. 

Immortality is great, but there's no content (nor should there be) in which it's needed. As such other tank frames are just as useful in that regard, but can also provide teamwide buffs.

His weapon is great, but most standard melee weapons will outscale it over sustained usage due to Acolyte mods and a longer range than the staff.

Wukong is not a good frame, fun certainly, but not 'good' in the 'well designed' sense.

This thread has gone very off track but continuing with the argument above, there are bad frames, point blank, BUT that does NOT mean, that a player/s cannot do well with those frames. When we say "bad" frames, we are just saying a frame that is not Meta, not easy to do well with, and/or uses skills that are similar to another existing frames skills. As I said before, "bad" with warframes is an opinion.