Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Sounds Weak, Not Good.

Luxangel7

I know you guys have a lot to work through and I can only imagine how hard it is to hit that perfect sweet spot for sound design. However, if you could please take a look at the Braton Prime sound because right now it sounds like a weak silenced submachine gun or something.

Please make it sound appropriately powerful. I don't need to tell you that sound can make or break a gun, and this weapon is way too cool to have a sound that makes it seem like I'm shootin a silenced automatic ppk. (yeah I know it doesn't exist)

Thanks for all your work, and I hope you have a chance to consider this.

Neutral on the sound, would like what the OP is requesting though.

Though for the sound team's view and what they said about things, I guess I can see the current Braton Prime sound making sense, considering how it still sounds like a Braton, but the orokin energy laseresque sounds also added in too I suppose so you can tell right off that it's a Prime weapon

Oh, for those that don't have it

NO. please.. please no. The current sound is fine, if DE tries to adjust it, they will ruin it like they did with the Dual Vipers and Afuris (Which I'm still pissed about). In all honesty, I think you're right though, it could possibly have a bit more bass/punch to it, it sounds very light and airy when in a large firefight. Though that could well be an issue with the sound layering thing that DE_George talked about. I just don't want then to change it, and let their somewhat inept and cryptic sound department ruin it. I love these guys, but god I wish I could have my Afuris back. 

NO. please.. please no. The current sound is fine, if DE tries to adjust it, they will ruin it like they did with the Dual Vipers and Afuris (Which I'm still &!$$ed about). In all honesty, I think you're right though, it could possibly have a bit more bass/punch to it, it sounds very light and airy when in a large firefight. Though that could well be an issue with the sound layering thing that DE_George talked about. I just don't want then to change it, and let their somewhat inept and cryptic sound department ruin it. I love these guys, but god I wish I could have my Afuris back. 

I feel your pain, I really miss the dual vipers. Before they sounded badass. Now they just sound like any other automatic gun in any other game out there.

I just really hope they take note that most people don't come to voice their opinions on sound design in these forums, and that I think there are a lot of players that would agree with us on some of these changes being not so great....

Just too many weapons in my opinion being made to sound less powerful. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyone here played Mass Effect 1? Yeah, Prime weapons need to sound like the weapons in that game. They will still sound laser-like, but very powerful.

The assault rifle sounds kind of sounded monotonous in that game. XD

I would love to hear it if it were like the Mass Effect 2 Mattock. That gun was a BEAST.

The assault rifle sounds kind of sounded monotonous in that game. XD

I would love to hear it if it were like the Mass Effect 2 Mattock. That gun was a BEAST.

Yeah, that was a problem. But it there was something nice about the raw, hollow sound it made. I'd much rather have that (maybe a bit better quality) than pew pew sounds. The Mattock sound was nice, but it's more fitting on a bullet weapon rather than a laser weapon.

The only Braton allowed to have a cool firing sound instead of "meh-pew-pew" is the Braton Vandal. Period ^^

lol well although the vandal definitely has the best sound, the new standard braton sound is actually really good, almost as good as the vandal sound in my opinion. I know they can make awesome sounds, because we have things like the braton vandal and now the braton standard sound, as well as the original dual vipers (never understand why they changed those).

I just hope that weapons like the Braton Prime and the Dera are also being tweaked as I think guns that awesome really need sound effects that are equally as awesome. :P

Neutral on the sound, would like what the OP is requesting though.

Though for the sound team's view and what they said about things, I guess I can see the current Braton Prime sound making sense, considering how it still sounds like a Braton, but the orokin energy laseresque sounds also added in too I suppose so you can tell right off that it's a Prime weapon

Oh, for those that don't have it

great! now i know it has great color customization and a great sound!

hm, if the sound is actually rather piddly (seems like it might be thanks to that video), it most certainly should have the most powerful sound, considering the Braton Prime has the highest damage of all in the Braton series.

we would assume then, more powerful shots (duh). 

so more oomph makes sense then.

NO. please.. please no. The current sound is fine, if DE tries to adjust it, they will ruin it like they did with the Dual Vipers and Afuris (Which I'm still &!$$ed about). 

hey now, one of the Twin Vipers' sounds was awesome, it sounded like a Vulcan Cannon. which was exactly what i wanted.

then it changed again.

i cried.

Agreed. I think it's because there's too much emphasis on the "laser" part of the sound compared to the "bullet" part. I know it's what the Orokins were supposed to have, especially when you look at the Corrupted, but the Braton Prime shoots "bullet-type" right now.

Having a more powerful sound with more emphasis on the impact rather than the "laser" sound will likely make it more appealing, and sound stronger than the regular Bratons.

Edited by Casardis

Perfect Comparison/Example of weak vs powerful in terms of sound and how much of a difference it makes on the same gun..

ye. audio is extremely important to how a game feels - even for those people that "don't care about sound" or play a game with the sound muted. 

it will affect your judgement of the game. and a weapon in particular, if it's a game about weapons. if the weapon sounds meh, you won't like X weapon as much.

• 2 weeks later...

The only Braton allowed to have a cool firing sound instead of "meh-pew-pew" is the Braton Vandal. Period ^^

Ironically, I think the MK-1 sounds pretty freakin' badass. It's got this satisfying THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK on each shell that makes the weapon sound much stronger than it actually is.

Anyway, I think the Prime sounds "appropriate" if not a little more "finesse" than overpoweringly low-end "Strong" if you know what I mean. It feels more like a surgical strike insead of a carpet bomb.

Ironically, I think the MK-1 sounds pretty freakin' badass. It's got this satisfying THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK on each shell that makes the weapon sound much stronger than it actually is.

Anyway, I think the Prime sounds "appropriate" if not a little more "finesse" than overpoweringly low-end "Strong" if you know what I mean. It feels more like a surgical strike insead of a carpet bomb.

Aside from the Vandal, I can't but feel that every Braton sounds horrible. Compared to real-life rifle sounds (or even rifle sounds from other games), the Bratons all sound dry and end so aburptly.

Before I started playing Warframe, I went on youtube and did some generic "Warframe gameplay" searches which mostly consisted of early-game vids with lots of MK-1 action.....I kid you not, I was so turned off by it. In combination with its F2P status, I was getting some serious "glorified tech demo" vibes from the game.