Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler]Umbra's Passive is terrible after hotfix 23.0.2

Muddykips

-Fixed not transferring back to your Warframe when Umbra dies while you are in Operator Void Mode.

Getting kicked back to umbra when he runs out of health in specter mode is a terrible idea. The moment i decide to enter operator mode on a high level mission he gets popped within a few seconds.Please revert the change or give the specter state some damage reduction / don't let it force us out of operator mode. Right now it feels terrible compared to the old way because of the fact that you can't choose when to pop back in your warframe you're just forced back into it immediately. Its a terrible feeling and makes playing as a tag team a hindrance rather than a benefit.

Agreed 100%.

I long for the day where we can go operator mode as Umbra for more than, like, three seconds. Seems ridiculous that literally every other frame can have 90% or 100% damage reduction while in operator mode, but Umbra just takes full damage and dies in an instant.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yeah the umbra passive does seem like a downgrade over non umber frames. 

While the idea is what a lot of people have been asking for it doesn't work if your frame dies within a few seconds. 

You can't even heal the frame using magus nourish either.....

You can heal and make Umbra invuln with the Vazarin 'protective dash' way. Sort of annoying that the heal doesn't stay when you transfer back unlike other frames, but I guess it does make umbra invuln unlike other frames

Just now, More-L said:

You can heal and make Umbra invuln with the Vazarin 'protective dash' way. Sort of annoying that the heal doesn't stay when you transfer back unlike other frames, but I guess it does make umbra invuln unlike other frames

its nice but it should be viable with all ways so you can experiment with different loadouts like we do for the rest of the game. I would love to peel armor with unairu, vacuum everyone with zenurik void mode, or use naramon dash to make enemies vulnerable to finisher damage.

This is super disappointing. We tested this out right away before the patch, and I thought it was quite fair that Umbra would just stop fighting when he took too much damage.

With this change, when using transference he actually becomes a hindrance.

Right now he just takes up space on my roster. I'm very glad we got a free warframe slot atleast, otherwise I would have thrown away my regular Excal in order to claim Umbra (since obviously I thought upgrade). They really need to rework how his specter sidekick thing works. Reduce his damage and keep the high damage reduction other frames have. You cant even reliably jump out and in to heal the Umbra frame if needed because chances are he will die before you get back in and make you end up downed aswell when you re-enter him.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Krikenemp said:

I guess this explains why they gave him those umbral vitality and steel fiber mods... They knew he would need some hefty survivability.

sadly those armor / vitality mods don't seem to do anything on high level missions regardless due to the fact that the AI doesn't attempt to move out of the way for AoEs and melee enemies, and no rolling at all so not even a 75% damage reduction.

He really does need even more damage resist *while functioning as a specter. Other frames have 90% damage resistance while even using channeled abilities. And as neat as Umbra is, he's not nearly smart or aggressive enough to keep up with us during tough missions.

Even Clem would be more durable, because his specter will level up with enemies and gain all that extra armor. Umbra does not.

Edited by PyroElleh