Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we still being forced to use the operator?

TheDeuler

1 minute ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

If that's your argument, than oh boy... I mean, a better argument would have been that he used third person pronouns to hide his opinion, also that the first phrase is meant to do that as well, that there were no such posts after TSD. But that "hes using touchy feely wording to mask that this is actually his opinion", how does even make sense.... I mean, i believe his statement, i saw people go bonkers on the whole operator even a few years later. Also, come on, if you're going to act like fu.cking trash, at least have a somewhat valid reason to do so.

Okay let me explain this to you.

I'm trying to argue for legalizing safe organic weeds for instence.

I want to make my argument seem more sound so that people will listen to me.

So i say "SOME PEOPLE SAY" instead of "I THINK"

I sounds better. its mind games. thats what hes doing.

14 minutes ago, Vlasinyr said:

Okay let me explain this to you.

I'm trying to argue for legalizing safe organic weeds for instence.

I want to make my argument seem more sound so that people will listen to me.

So i say "SOME PEOPLE SAY" instead of "I THINK"

I sounds better. its mind games. thats what hes doing.

You talked about "touchy feely wording", which implies emotions. I said that arguing, that the first phrase was meant to hide the intention of voicing his own opinion is a better argument. You then proceed to use the argument that i brought up to explain his true intention. I mean, make some sense.

1 hour ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Could these questions be any more asinine. 

Why am I still forced to use Warframes?

Why am I still forced to kill enemies?

Why am I still forced to read your silly comments?

Oh wait, I'm not.

HAHAHA Nice, was just gona say that!

My Operator's quite fun to use now i've invested in the focus tree, arcanes and a decent amp. It became a hell of a lot more fun with Umbra, since now I'm fighting WITH my frame. Usually I pop out to restore some energy, but I've been able to hold off a heavily contested interception point with Umbra and Operator without losing it once. I could use a CC frame like Limbo or Vauban, but that fit my play-style much more and it was so goddamn fun. 

On 2018-06-16 at 5:29 PM, Vlasinyr said:

You're easily duped arn't you? hes using touchy feely wording to mask that this is actually his opinion hes spouting. you'd never make it in a live debate would you?

@ErzaSakuretto Is right. When I mentioned myself I was talking about myself. When I mentioned "they/some people" I am actually talking about other players. I'm paraphrasing things that I have read on this very forum. Someone said that they practically sealed their Operator in the link room and pretended they never existed. It's an old post but it's here, buried in a bunch of positive and negative posts about Operators.

This isn't someone just making a straw man to front their beliefs or dance around a subject. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted anything I wrote.

My point is, if I'm gonna talk about my opinion then I will state that it is in fact my own opinion.

I don't like the operator either since all the operator has to offer is a beam and that's it, no abilities, nothing, just a beam, my warframe is considerably more fun than that but nothing to do about it unfortunately.

it also doesn't help that I'm not someone who cares about lore, not in the slightest, if I was able to skip all talking/cutscenes of every quest I would

2 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I don't like the operator either since all the operator has to offer is a beam and that's it, no abilities, nothing, just a beam, my warframe is considerably more fun than that but nothing to do about it unfortunately.

it also doesn't help that I'm not someone who cares about lore, not in the slightest, if I was able to skip all talking/cutscenes of every quest I would

XkukCEr.jpg

Edited by CupcakesMoo
Bolded context

On 2018-06-16 at 4:48 PM, TheDeuler said:

maybe your right, and after spending thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars to play warframe i should leave because it's not about warframes anymore. these days the freakin namesake of the game is no longer important and is just a fashion accessory.

De has invested millions to have that as part of their game. So you can just spend a few minute of your time adapt or find something else

The quests are about the STORY behind who we are and how things came to be.  People have been demanding more lore more back story since the beginning.

The quest do not effect your normal daily play. if you wish to pretend they don't exist you can.

The second dream was an eye opener but didn't change much really. (My Operator is turned off in settings)

The war within made big changes about the operator mechanics (and boy was he a whiny lil sh!t) and I still mostly ignored him.

Along came the Plains and the changes that came with it make general operator use.... well useful like really really useful.

The sacrifice was purely storyline to advance the lore (we got Umbra but it makes no difference to gameplay outside of using him) but at least the boy has grown up.

The Operators are here to give a human interest to the story of Warframe, I really don't think that any yearly/Bi-yearly storylines are worth working yourself up into a tiz about.

Destiny 2 is up in arms 'cos Bungie is killing off Cayde 6 for the next part of the story. 

Like it or not the Devs have the right to choose a path, you can follow it or sit down right where you are and pout about how you don't like it or just up and leave.

Edited by Sabreracer

It appears to me that DE is start to acknowledge this sentiment more and more with the new mechanics of Umbra that make him an absolute beast against Sentients. Possibly this is their way of giving players a choice on how they will tackle the eventual conflict with Sentients be it a second invasion from the Tau System or us invading the Tau System from the Origin System.

Not sure how else to put it as people complaining about things like these can be slightly eye twitching... but the reasons are because it's part of the game, part of the story and DE want to use it.

Get over it.

If you don't like it that much there is a likely less favourable alternative for people such as yourselves.

Edited by Valiant

On 2018-06-17 at 3:27 AM, TheDeuler said:

Why are we still being forced to use the operator? there are those of us who play warframe to use our warframes, not whiny little emo space teens. please let us play without forcing us to use them.

as long as you still think of it as forced, you would still be "forced" to use operator.

3 minutes ago, JDragonkin said:

It appears to me that DE is start to acknowledge this sentiment more and more with the new mechanics of Umbra that make him an absolute beast against Sentients. Possibly this is their way of giving players a choice on how they will tackle the eventual conflict with Sentients be it a second invasion from the Tau System or us invading the Tau System from the Origin System.

Ya know, give the Umbra an Opticor and he can deal with the common sentient quite effectively when used in Tandem with your operator to perma strip their resists.

Umbra also isn't very good vs Eidolons. So not really.

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Ya know, give the Umbra an Opticor and he can deal with the common sentient quite effectively when used in Tandem with your operator to perma strip their resists.

Umbra also isn't very good vs Eidolons. So not really.

Eidolons are a different beast from Sentients like that Batalysts. They are, like the ghosts of Sentients, if I understand the lore correctly. Because the mimics and batalysts that we fight outside of the Plains just absolutely melt when you use Umbras skills and Umbral modded weapons. So I don't think testing him against Eidolons is a good indicator for how he would do against the Sentients in the Tau System.

2 minutes ago, JDragonkin said:

Eidolons are a different beast from Sentients like that Batalysts. They are, like the ghosts of Sentients, if I understand the lore correctly. Because the mimics and batalysts that we fight outside of the Plains just absolutely melt when you use Umbras skills and Umbral modded weapons. So I don't think testing him against Eidolons is a good indicator for how he would do against the Sentients in the Tau System.

BTW, I didn't mention the Vomvalyst, but I believe if we did go to Tau we will be seeing them as support units quite a lot. So nope, Operator's still in the core gameplay, as far as we can see.

And why would the minibosses (like a Sentient edition of the Nox or Bombard) not have Eidolon like shields?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

BTW, I didn't mention the Vomvalyst, but I believe if we did go to Tau we will be seeing them as support units quite a lot. So nope, Operator's still in the core gameplay, as far as we can see.

And why would the minibosses (like a Sentient edition of the Nox or Bombard) not have Eidolon like shields?

But we don't know if those are unique to the plains yet or not, so we can't be sure. As for the second, once again, it hasn't been seen outside of the plains, so we can't be sure. I hope for the sake of people who don't like Operator gameplay that neither of these show up in Tau System content, because I'm pulling for them to get what they want: The ability to never have to use a system they don't like because their's a way around it and make it optional. That's all I'm saying here.

Just now, JDragonkin said:

But we don't know if those are unique to the plains yet or not, so we can't be sure. As for the second, once again, it hasn't been seen outside of the plains, so we can't be sure. I hope for the sake of people who don't like Operator gameplay that neither of these show up in Tau System content, because I'm pulling for them to get what they want: The ability to never have to use a system they don't like because their's a way around it and make it optional. That's all I'm saying here.

I see it the other way TBH. DE wants us to accept the operator gameplay whether we like it or not. Hence this is more likely to be the path they go - Operator and Frame switching on the fly (although voms are pretty much operator only content). I dislike the operator, but right now that's what DE are shoveling at us. Every cinematic quest is more operator stuff. Frame quests need more and more operator gameplay.

Call me a pessimist. I am one.

13 hours ago, cghawk said:

Guess Void Mode/Dash/Blast don't count? Then there's all the different ability modifications you can unlock for them through Focus.