Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Transference Static & Camera Going Crazy

Zecthus

Hey, I'm having a some issues with umbra since "The Sacrifice" was launched. I hope I give the details correctly, so everyone can understand what I'm trying to say (english is not my first language). 

1st Bug - Umbra and the Transference Static Debuff

Until now I didnt actually "care" for the Transference Static Debuff because it wasnt something that always happened, since, in regular missions, I only use the tenno just to get energy from Zenurik school. That being said, I've never knew what this debuff was about until now. After some digging I discovered that Transference Static will happen if your operator dies while he is out of the warframe, bringing him back to the armor and giving you a heath decrease for a amount of time. The problem is: when I'm using Excal Umbra, it doesn't matter if I die or not with my operator. Every time I go in and out of my warframe I'll get the debuff, and the more I use my transference stronger is the debuff. It really doesn't seems like it is meant to be that way so I hope you guys can check it out soon. 

New information:  Sometimes I've lost shield as well, even though there wasn't any enemy around. 

2nd Bug - Camera Going Crazy

I know that sounds fun but it actually is not! This bug always happen when I am at some mission with a party. Every time I go out my Excal Umbra with my operator and return, the camera goes a lot crazy and changes directions making me lost in the game and annoyed. It seems more like a delay for coming back to my warframe. It goes a little like this: I go out with my tenno, use my dash to provide me with a energy field and then I come back. But, after comming back, everything seems fine so I start walking again, after 1sec (maybe 2), the camera will change direction as if im returning in that moment to my warframe. Several times I ended up being stuck in some hole in the map and its really annoying ç.ç

Tests on Simulacrum 

For both of the bugs I've runned tests on simulacrum and these were the results: they only happen when im at some party, which make me think that these bugs are results of some hoster issue. The transference debuff (in simulacrum) only happened when my operator was killed and the camera bug never happened (in simulacrum). 

I love all the content you guys brought this week and I know that sometimes s*** happens. But I really wish you can look at this things I've pointed out and solve them ❤️ 

Ps.: Sorry if I wrote something wrong or really messed up in grammar. Im still learning english and its not being easy haha

Edited by Zecthus

Same here on both issues. The camera bug is very disorienting and switches directions wildly 2 times in a row, even while I am shooting, when it happens my gun will not fire, and moving the mouse to aim while the camera is about switch again seems to make it worse. Also the transference static icon seems to be active very often, even when my operator did not die.

It's like being spun around, while navigating, which turns you in random directions even more, then getting spun around again. Then your guns don't work. Sometimes they quit working until you switch weapons, as in no visible bullets coming out and no damage output. xD

This one is quite a bug xD, so I just run around with Umbra tagging along behind me shooting things.

Edited by FriendlyxD1

Both issues happen a lot when the connection with the host is not the greatest. The camera will snap to where Umbra was last before snapping again to where the Operator was. Being the host or having a good connection with the host causes zero issues. The only other issue that happens with Transference and Umbra is some focus abilities wont stick regardless of host. Example Vazarin Protective Dash will fall off Umbra when transferring back.

I really hope the camera lag gets fixed with Umbra because it really un-incentivizes me to jump into operator for quick dashes or blasts.

The transference static I am fine with. It sort of makes sense in terms of the lore. All you lose is some health which isn't a terrible trade-off for having a sentient frame run around while you are an operator.

Edited by DeathshotSE

Found same problem.

Add more information about 1st & 2nd bug- Seems like it will only happen when 'Excalibur Umbra' player is not host. Only join the player suffer the 1st and 2nd bug in game, and also back to the warframe from the operator mod. It will not call the 'Umbra' to operator's position... just operator back to the Umbra's position unlike other warframes.

Also if join the game with using the 'Umbra mod'. After host migration appear during the game, it will cause erase all of the 'Umbra set mod bonus'. My Umbra's HP 1280 with Primed vigor , all Umbra set mod which fully upgraded. But after host migration, my Umbra's HP change to 980 points. I don't know what happen to my warframe, but this is always appear after host migration.

Found one more, Umbra Excalibur doesn't affected by 'Magus Nourish' while operator transference.

Edited by Hidronic
Add more information.

12 hours ago, DeathshotSE said:

The transference static I am fine with. It sort of makes sense in terms of the lore. All you lose is some health which isn't a terrible trade-off for having a sentient frame run around while you are an operator.

I don't think that make sense, since the umbra can be hurt while the operator is out of him, so that's the real cost for having him as a backup while you're using your tenno. Especially in cases where operator isn't really used to battle - like me and a lot of other players that uses the operator (in regular missions) only to provide certain buffs (like the energy field from Zenurik). When we use it that way there is no actual time for the umbra act as a backup, because you use the buff and go back to the warframe immediately. So... this is a "cost" that doesn't worth it and doesn't really make sense.

It happened to me too. It only happens when I'm not hosting, doesn't matter the ping.

Transference static debuff kicks in when i go back to umbra and camera goes crazy and after transfering back and forth from frame to operator mode, the static debuff procs again and again reducing ehp by a lot.

This bug only happens with Excalibur Umbra.

Edited by Bambafrank
typo

Having the same issue. The camera bug appears to be the game treating the operator as if it died and trying to find the warframe's position to spawn back to as opposed to bringing the warframe to the operator's position. Since the excal umbra is running around instead of standing stationary the game has an issue resolving this immediately. 

11 hours ago, Zecthus said:

I don't think that make sense, since the umbra can be hurt while the operator is out of him, so that's the real cost for having him as a backup while you're using your tenno. Especially in cases where operator isn't really used to battle - like me and a lot of other players that uses the operator (in regular missions) only to provide certain buffs (like the energy field from Zenurik). When we use it that way there is no actual time for the umbra act as a backup, because you use the buff and go back to the warframe immediately. So... this is a "cost" that doesn't worth it and doesn't really make sense.

I don't know much of the lore besides what is presented in the quests, but my theory is that normal warframes don't give transference static because they are a shell with no living being inside. Umbra has a living being inside so trying to jump back into a living body rather than a shell causes the transference static.

To your point of most players only quickly jumping into operator for certain buffs, Umbra's transference static is definitely a detriment to those players. Personally, I don't jump into operator for a short amount of time often. Usually it is once in the beginning of the mission for Zenurik and most times when teammates are down in an exposed area with high level enemies.

5 minutes ago, DeathshotSE said:

I don't know much of the lore besides what is presented in the quests, but my theory is that normal warframes don't give transference static because they are a shell with no living being inside. Umbra has a living being inside so trying to jump back into a living body rather than a shell causes the transference static.

To your point of most players only quickly jumping into operator for certain buffs, Umbra's transference static is definitely a detriment to those players. Personally, I don't jump into operator for a short amount of time often. Usually it is once in the beginning of the mission for Zenurik and most times when teammates are down in an exposed area with high level enemies.

In fact, the normal / prime versions of warframes also receive the debuff, but only when the operator dies outside the warframe. And the point is that when you are playing alone or being the host, these bugs do not happen, which clarifies that this is really a bug and not something that is part of the Umbra's lore. About using the tenno just to provide buffs, my gameplay style is a bit like yours. I mean, I'm used to using the zenurik school at the beginning if the mission is shorter and during the mission if it's longer, like defenses or survival, but sometimes I use the tenno to get to some point on the map faster than I would if I did parkour - (which I suck btw, I always ended up hitting some wall hahaha).