Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper/shotgun Ammo And The Ogris/torid/miter

Azamagon

Original idea:

Here's an idea how to make a slight change to one of the ammo categories with the intent of balancing some weapons (both current ones and future ones of similar type):

First, change the name of Sniper ammo into something slightly more generic, such as Heavy ammo or Special ammo.

Second, powerful weapons such as launchers and other heavy weapons could now use this ammotype too! Perfect examples of weapons that could do this would be the Ogris and Torid (although, the Torid maybe needs a slight buff before doing so). The Miter already uses Sniper ammo, but i don't really see the Miter as a sniperweapon, really...

Thus, you now have a much bigger pool of weapons that use this type of ammo:

* All sniper weapons: Snipetron, Snipetron Vandal. Vulkar and Lanka

* All bows: Paris, Paris Prime, Dread

* All launchers: Ogris, Torid, Miter

Doesn't this just make more sense?

EDIT:

As Depar suggested, moving the Launcher weapons (Ogris, Torid and Miter) over to the SHOTGUN ammo/mods is an even better alternative!

Changing Shotgun mods/ammo to be called "Heavy" mods/ammo and then including the Launchers there actually does the same as the original suggestion, but with even MORE benefits:
1) It balances the amount of ammo for the Launchers (similar to the original Sniper-ammo-rehaul) so they are not so absurdly ammo-efficient

2) It ALSO makes more use of the Shotgun mods, as they are currently only being used for a small amount of weapons. Just these few weapons, yet there is a whole "set" of mods for them, making them feel a bit like a waste. With Launcher weapons being moved over to use them as well, they would feel less like a waste for sure!

3) Miter and Torid i guess are considered (damagewise) generally weaker than the bows/snipers, so the fact that they move over to the Shotgun ammopool rather than the Sniper ammopool would feel more fair and balanced. Ogris could just be considered a very ammo-efficient Launcher weapon.

Edited by Azamagon

ts don't you have something else to do? leave my torid alone.

i also have no idea why torid need a buff,  it outkills ogris already at wave 25 xini. but i still need to make 7 shots to kill a level 200 mob with it. This is why at wave 30 i use sonic boom to keep mobs in the gas area for maximum effect.

if for some reason de will change ammo type for this weapon from rifle to sniper, everybody will just start using acrid. because with no return buff sidearms are just better than primary weapons.

Also. Ogris damage type is not too good against high level mobs. you know(i hope)... armor, health, resistance to elementals. So the only gun that will be screwed by this is Ogris. Because Torid ignores armor and lanka is serrated blade.

i would move the launcher to the shotgun pool

I guess... actually, this is a good idea too, if not even better! :)

Shotgun mods are quite underused (only used for 4 shotguns in the game) and could be revamped to being "Heavy Weapons" mods, and could include the Launcher type of weapons (Ogris, Torid and Miter).

There are plenty of Rifles, and many primary weapons that use Rifle mods/ammo.

There are already a decent amount of Sniper weapons (All Snipers and Bows) that uses the Sniper ammo, and they all use the common Rifle mods too.

But Shotguns... their mods/ammo do indeed feel like they are a little underused with only 4 weapons for them in the game. They still have a whole "set" of mods for them too.

I think i will edit the initial post to include this idea. Good thinking Depar! :)

Edited by Azamagon