The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is bad design.

swodaem

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Whatever pumpkin whatever keeps you snowflakes asleep at night.

They aren't. Your complaint is as your founder your feefees are hurt all of a sudden because you don't have THE only other Excal. Seriously grow up!

You just proved my point.

1 hour ago, swodaem said:

1. There is nothing new about umbra.

There is the whole Specter AI mechanic when in Operator mode

also the Radial Howl that makes Sentients lose their damage adaption

and the new polarities for those fancy new mods

To me that counts as something new

Its not a different excalibur, or a sidegrade, its just better.

so what? serious question: are you mad because Excalibur Prime is not the best Excalibur anymore?

2. Makes the value of primes worse/turns them to mastery fodder.

so what? I have no Problem if DE comes out with Saryn Umbra in a few years, I'll be happy my favourite frame gets an upgrade

Why would someone grind for a prime only to have an umbra be much better? Sure all umbra is not out yet, but when they do start coming out why not just take the free easy to get umbra?

why would I grind for a regular Frame if it gets primed at some point anyway?

Mastery Rank, FashionFrame, collecting everything. simple as that

3. Its powercreep in the bad way. 

Its just creating a stronger version of another item.

so are Primes and I don't see you complain about literally every Frame getting a Prime

4. Umbra had tons of potential that got wasted.

So mamy different ideas floating around and now they are just upgrades with a new look.

Not every idea the community has is great. in fact, most of the community ideas I have seen were terrible

5. You are essentially given a better version of a prime for doing nothing. 

Here take this upgrade for your warframe. Don't worry about playing the game for rewards that have meaning, just do a short quest and take it.

oh booo hooo.

how terrible. DE dared to make an improvement to a frame and did not hide it behind a grind- or paywall for once

Edited by Helch0rn

If you want Excalibur Umbra's 2 and his passive, use him. If you want to be as efficient as possible, use him.

If you don't want either of those, use Excalibur Prime. The former statement is obvious, if you want to play Umbra then you should play Umbra. The latter part is less so but not by much. Excalibur Prime was buffed when Umbra was out, so anyone who played him should be more than fine playing him still. But if you want to be as efficient as possible while still playing Excalibur Prime, I'm sorry, but I want to play Limbo Prime while also being the best healer, so please buff his Haven augment to heal everyone for 300% of their max health, adding anything over their health cap to overhealth, it's like overshields but for health. Obviously, I'm being facetious. But you can't expect Excalibur Prime to be, well, the best at anything. No frame is promised to be the best at anything, not even the exclusive and elusive Excalibur Prime. He doesn't have to be the best Excalibur, either. He was good enough before Umbra(at least, I didn't see complaints about him as much as I'm seeing Umbra complaints now. I saw maybe one, I haven't been around for a very long time but comparatively that's nothing.) and now he's even better. So he should be fine.

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

I think most of us are upset people like you exist in the community.

I seemed to have forgotten this thread was originally expressing distaste with Excalibur Umbra and the implications he has about future Umbra frames because it descended into bashing the OP and Founders.

Again, where was all of this "dissatisfaction" during the weeks leading up to umbra? Oh right there wasn't any, not a single peep till he came out, odd. Makes a man thing doesn't it.

It was waiting for the content to actually drop so people knew what they were talking about for certain. No one know what Umbra would be until it finally got in our hands. Why give feedback on something DE never gave information on?

The only thing it makes me think is that you're unnecessarily prejudiced against every Founder in the community.

This topic is not to discuss the dissatisfaction some founders have with prime not being the best anymore, its about the bad design that is a blatant copy and paste with better stats that is umbra. That design has to go. If frost prime is just a copy and paste with better stats/mods ill be upset too.

De said umbra would be different.

Edited by swodaem

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

...wow so his changed abilities don't count? Good to know then and pumpkin the "prime" passive got removed and rightfully so...much to the chagrin of the community.

There really isn't much difference. Radial howl has one effect on one faction, and is otherwise just a cosmetic effect. His 4 just has 2 new polarities. Minor changes really.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

How can you complain about something's in game usage if you haven't used it yet? 

Gamers do it everywhere else, what's stopping them here, it's not like that happens anyway with every other frame that get's shown.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

The only thing it makes me think is that you're unnecessarily prejudiced against every Founder in the community.

i'm not pumpkin, just the few who are rather triggered that now they don't have the only other Excal variant. I was happy with you guys getting the option to use your "exclusive" frame skins on Umbra but alas the constant first world probleming by your clique ended that though real quick.

2 minutes ago, swodaem said:

This topic is not to discuss the dissatisfaction some founders have with prime not being the best anymore, its about the bad design that is a blatant copy and paste with better stats that is umbra. That design has to go. If frost prime is just a copy and paste with better stats/mods ill be upset too.

Again, if your complaint is about copy/paste with better stats you're about 5 years late.

6 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

How could we be dissatisfied when he wasn't out yet? We all assumed he would be significant different from Excal, and have some new gameplay elements around him. Low and behold he has the same kit with two new passives and performs just as well if not better in all content.

So he's basically an alternative to Excal Prime for all of us regular non-Excal Prime owning folks, nice, that's exactly what I was expecting out of Umbra.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

The two passives being his two removing sentinel's resistances to damage types and the ability to walk on his own, but you're too far up your own ass to read clearly.

I'll take the warning point btw Letter13 or whatever mod reads this after this guy reports me out of spite. 

Well pumpkin that'd have made it three since he did have the prime passive as well. So sorry if i didn't catch that.

No, i'm not a salty little child. I don't report out of spite unlike some people on this forum. You can sleep soundly.

1 minute ago, LupisV0lk said:

i'm not pumpkin, just the few who are rather triggered that now they don't have the only other Excal variant. I was happy with you guys getting the option to use your "exclusive" frame skins on Umbra but alas the constant first world probleming by your clique ended that though real quick.

How's it feel to be this unaware of your own behavior?

Just now, Lanadra said:

So he's basically an alternative to Excal Prime for all of us regular non-Excal Prime owning folks, nice, that's exactly what I was expecting out of Umbra.

I was expecting a Frame with abilities similar to Excal but with a different skin and backstory.....

Your posts in this thread say otherwise. You have a clear disdain to Founders. Also, I'm not sure why you're saying "you guys" and "your clique" as if I'm a Founder myself.

Just now, FillyRarity said:

Again, if your complaint is about copy/paste with better stats you're about 5 years late.

No, its not. Why do i have to repeat myself 100 times. Going from regular to prime is fine. Going regular to prime to umbra is not. Whats after umbra, alpha? Maybe alpha can triple umbra stats.

9 minutes ago, swodaem said:

Yeah because not everyone has a Excalibur Prime like you right? Umbra is a misspelled Excalibur Prime for us. Seriously if he's totally different to Excalibur non founders will be the one who are upset coz that means we will stick to vanilla Excalibur forever if we want the same skillset. But hey who caress about non founder peasants? 

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 minute ago, swodaem said:

No, its not. Why do i have to repeat myself 100 times. Going from regular to prime is fine. Going regular to prime to umbra is not. Whats after umbra, alpha? Maybe alpha can triple umbra stats.

So.

Something being objectively better is fine.

If everyone can get it.

Just.

Not when it's your frame that nobody else can get.

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Your posts in this thread say otherwise. You have a clear disdain to Founders. Also, I'm not sure why you're saying "you guys" and "your clique" as if I'm a Founder myself.

......well sadly all the threads have been deleted but there was one where a founder did call out all the upset and their bull. Since it was clear that not all founders were petty and childish at the time. Sadly times are changing.

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I was expecting a Frame with abilities similar to Excal but with a different skin and backstory.....

Sounds like you also got what you were expecting then. Perhaps a bit light on the difference in abilities though.