Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Cataclysm is pretty weird, actually absurd

WeoroldWuldor

4 hours ago, -_-DaRXoS-_- said:

We can't hit any enemies inside the bubble unless we are also inside it. Technically, when we shoot an enemy with a gun from outside of a bubble, the bullet fired from the gun actually enters the bubble and so it also becomes a part of that dimension. So we must be able to shoot them. But we can't do it at the moment. This is just nonsense.

But it can be somehow sensible if they make an official announcement or release an update related to this nonsense.

Edit: I know that this is a game, and not everything has to be logical. But the truth is, these kinds of absurd things make the game less convincing and fun for me.

Since you want a more "scientific" explanation, the way bullets interact with the rift is interesting. Basically the rift is a null space for them. It's like it doesn't exist. It works a bit like a wormhole in the sense that if you shoot an enemy outside the rift but through it, you will hit them. (TL:DR it's like the rift doesn't exist and the ship is x meters less wide/long)

11 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Can't you shoot out of Frost's globe and not into it? If you're fine with Frost's globe despite that not making sense, you should be fine with Cataclysm.

Frost's globe can be understood because has nothing wrong when you look from its logic. Bullets can go out but can't get in, thats ok. But when we accept cataclysm's logic, this is where the problem appears. For Cataclysm, things that get inside of the globe, become a part of the void that it creates. But this somehow doesn't work for any kind of bullets (laser, normal bullets basically any weapon), this is where the problem begins. This rule/logic must work for them too. 

There is no issue like that in frost's globes. It doesn't conflict with itself.

6 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Since you want a more "scientific" explanation, the way bullets interact with the rift is interesting. Basically the rift is a null space for them. It's like it doesn't exist. It works a bit like a wormhole in the sense that if you shoot an enemy outside the rift but through it, you will hit them. (TL:DR it's like the rift doesn't exist and the ship is x meters less wide/long)

Logically, It is conflicting with itself. This is the problem. If the rift is a null space for them, then it is also for enemies. Everything that is matter is equal. They are all matters you know. And as I mentioned above, if it only works when the matter is a living thing, then you can't shoot any enemies inside of the rift also, even though you are also inside.

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Yes it does. You can walk into Frost's globe. Enemies can walk into Frost's globe. Why can't bullets? Enemies can walk into Cataclysm, but their bullets don't actually go into the Cataclysm. 

You are right. It may also have illogical points. I didn't think about it as I am currently focused on understanding the Cataclysm ability. I may create a list of all abilities with their illogical points in the future 😄 

It actually didn't bother me as much as the Cataclysm did, but yeah it is also a good point.

''void powers'' there's your logic, that's the only explanation for every warframe ability, how does cataclysm exist? ''void powers'' how does ember create fire out of nowhere? ''void powers'' how does banshee create earthquakes from nothing?'' void powers'' how does ash make clones of himself? ''void powers'' is it logical? no but not many abilities in this game are.

also like someone already mentioned games that must be 100% logical aren't fun, think people would like Cod if it was logical? probably not since health regen isn't logical, taking 100's of bullets isn't logical but it makes the gameplay more fun, same here

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

''void powers'' there's your logic, that's the only explanation for every warframe ability, how does cataclysm exist? ''void powers'' how does ember create fire out of nowhere? ''void powers'' how does banshee create earthquakes from nothing?'' void powers'' how does ash make clones of himself? ''void powers'' is it logical? no but not many abilities in this game are.

also like someone already mentioned games that must be 100% logical aren't fun, think people would like Cod if it was logical? probably not since health regen isn't logical, taking 100's of bullets isn't logical but it makes the gameplay more fun, same here

Actually, I have made a logical explanation for them. Please read my previous posts.

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-

2 hours ago, -_-DaRXoS-_- said:

Actually, I have made a logical explanation for them. Please read my previous posts.

as have I about cataclysm it's called ''void powers'' that's all the logic you need since this game doesn't function on logic but on gameplay where fun value goes above it.

but hey if you hate a frame for being ''illogical'' I suggest you limit what games you play

7 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Yes it does. You can walk into Frost's globe. Enemies can walk into Frost's globe. Why can't bullets? Enemies can walk into Cataclysm, but their bullets don't actually go into the Cataclysm. 

My head canon is the globe is made out of small structures with a one way side thing (kinda like ziplocks, you can penetrate it from 1 side) and in addition, a sorta void shielding since, well, it's made from void powered ice. So tenno and other frames with void traces can pass through.

But i digress.

A lot, actually..

6 hours ago, KhorCS said:

U might as well suggest them to completely remove limbo while you're at it

I would only want to change his abilities a little bit, but now I don't even think about it as you can see there are tons of logic issues not only in Cataclysm but possibly also in all other abilities.