The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice Reward Application

MCJennings

Question

Is there any word from DE on if we will be able to get umbral polarity added to other warframes? It seems very counter intuitive to be penalized for having too many forma on a frame to add the three, or to require all other mod slots be polarized in order to fit 3 umbra mods because then the build is completely restricted. As of now I'm intentionally not maxing mine out so that I can use them on more warframe. This again shows how counter intuitive modding with them is. 

I would be A-OK with having an umbral forma blueprint added to sortie, ESO, bounties, or anything else. I'm not asking for this to be easy, but I want a more logical way to mod my warframes. 

10 answers to this question

im sure they will add something like an umbra forma, or umbra reward thing once the tau system is added. id expect to get the tau system before the end of the year.

Then again I expected Kora before the end of last year and look what happened there.

Umbral mods should be exclusive to Umbra , hope DE don't consider letting us use Umbral mods on other frames. That'd make most people to ignore Umbras completely and just make them re-forma their primes.

What'd be the point of Umbras then ? Just shiny scarf warriors with some sentience as Specter ?

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, GuardWarg said:

From  what I understand, DE does not intend on making the Umbra Polarity available to non-Umbra frames.

I saw Brozime reference this but he didn't sound certain and I haven't been able to find anything from DE on the matter myself. 

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

Umbral mods should be exclusive to Umbra , hope DE don't consider letting us use Umbral mods on other frames. That'd make most people to ignore Umbras completely and just make them re-forma their primes.

I see where you're coming from, but Umbra would still be unique for the Spectre functionality. Also, if they did want us to not use Umbral mods outside of Umbra Warframe then why allow them to go onto other Warframe in the first place? 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the umbra polarity seems to be part of the umbra series, its one of their specific traits that they utilize those mods innately easier then other frames, but any frame can use umbra mods just not forma for that specific polarity it seems

we will know more when more umbras make their way

I hope we don't have to wait that long. I was thinking we'd be filled in by DE by now via primetime or maybe just forums. 

If XB1 and PS4 don't have it they won't be talking about it during Tennocon either so next normal devstream is already very far away. 

27 minutes ago, MCJennings said:

I hope we don't have to wait that long. I was thinking we'd be filled in by DE by now via primetime or maybe just forums. 

If XB1 and PS4 don't have it they won't be talking about it during Tennocon either so next normal devstream is already very far away. 

You're getting your hopes way too high. So close to tennocon we'll probably start seeing the shows be postponed let alone actually reveal anything about anything really. If we are gonna get info about any other umbra frame, our best bet for finding out is gonna be during the tennocon stream.

6 hours ago, MCJennings said:

the umbras are a mystery and have been for 3 years roughly , i manage the megathread but even then what data we have is limited 

the main aspects of them is to be geared to battle sentients it seems with some unique tweaks to them 

i think we will know more at tennocon or given some more details anyway

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako