Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why fissures are annoying

(PSN)Mr-iF0X

So I just spent 40 minutes in a void fissure mission (the only reason I stayed that long cause it's the void) with 9 freaking reactants, and I wanted 1 damn enemy to spawn it just wouldn't!!! This happens so much and I hate running fissures becaus of it. It feels like a giant waste of my time, and makes  me feel like I should just spend plat rather than try to farm. FIX THIS!!!!

1 minute ago, (XB1)MerlyBR said:

Man void fissures are better than the old void key system

But it made the void almost useless tho ._.

Also why dont you present some suggestions if you want the thing fixed?

I kinda want both system to exist, in a way, previously you could use 1`key for survival/defense and get a reward every 5 minutes, now you need a new relic every 5 minutes in survival/defense, it's the only thing I don't like

8 minutes ago, (XB1)MerlyBR said:

Man void fissures are better than the old void key system

But it made the void almost useless tho ._.

Also why dont you present some suggestions if you want the thing fixed?

I'm not complaining about the new system, I'm saying they need to fix where enemies just stop spawning before we open the relic. An easy wasy fix would be if enemies spawn more and have a higher chance to drop a reactnant? It's easy and Idk why it's even a problem that we have.

Edited by (PS4)Mr-iF0X

1 hour ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Fissures are annoying because they're so damn inconsistent. Exterminate? You're done before you're 1/4 of the way through the # to kill. Survival? You're still waiting for that 10th reactant to drop with 30 seconds to go.

The answer to that is pretty obvious.

If you finished an exterminate at 9/10 reactant you literally get no reward as enemies eventually stop spawning. In a survival the entire point is to kill enemies as fast as possible so why let you get all 10 within the first 30 enemies.

Also these issues in endless fissures only really happen in the first 2-3 relics when spawn rates are still low.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mr-iF0X said:

So I just spent 40 minutes in a void fissure mission (the only reason I stayed that long cause it's the void) with 9 freaking reactants, and I wanted 1 damn enemy to spawn it just wouldn't!!! This happens so much and I hate running fissures becaus of it. It feels like a giant waste of my time, and makes  me feel like I should just spend plat rather than try to farm. FIX THIS!!!!

Ive never ever once had a fissure not supply me with the right amount of Reactant, you are missing something. 

12 minutes ago, trst said:

The answer to that is pretty obvious.

If you finished an exterminate at 9/10 reactant you literally get no reward as enemies eventually stop spawning. In a survival the entire point is to kill enemies as fast as possible so why let you get all 10 within the first 30 enemies.

Also these issues in endless fissures only really happen in the first 2-3 relics when spawn rates are still low.

That's BS.

First of all exterminate having a finite amount of enemies doesn't explain why within the first 30 seconds of the mission you've got all 10 reactant. The fact is that there is zero risk of not cracking your relic in an exterminate mission because within the first 30 seconds you're done and at that point it's another 3-4 minutes of just killing stuff to get it over with

Secondly survival is indeed about killing as many enemies as fast as possible...yet if you kill them too fast often times you won't crack your relic. Ever been in a party with an Ember at low level or nowadays with a Saryn where everything is dying too fast?

And FFS you really think people should do 2-3 relics without cracking any or getting rewards before they rewards? What's wrong with you man!

1 minute ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

That's BS.

First of all exterminate having a finite amount of enemies doesn't explain why within the first 30 seconds of the mission you've got all 10 reactant. The fact is that there is zero risk of not cracking your relic in an exterminate mission because within the first 30 seconds you're done and at that point it's another 3-4 minutes of just killing stuff to get it over with

Secondly survival is indeed about killing as many enemies as fast as possible...yet if you kill them too fast often times you won't crack your relic. Ever been in a party with an Ember at low level or nowadays with a Saryn where everything is dying too fast?

And FFS you really think people should do 2-3 relics without cracking any or getting rewards before they rewards? What's wrong with you man!

It does explain it because there is a hard cut-off where you can no longer get anymore reactant. If you hit 5 minutes in a survival without 10 you could have killed enemies faster/more efficiently up to that point where as in an exterminate the only thing you could have done was be more lucky. You can still be efficient in an exterminate but only so much when you only have 100-200 enemies to work with.

If you're in a survival, or any endless fissure, and players are killing everything before they can be corrupted then the problem isn't with the system but with the players.

And no, that's not what I said. I said that these problems only happen within the first 2-3 relics.

After that point you should end up with your 10 reactant with minutes to spare in survivals.

The only fissure I absolutely cannot stand is interception, because it's time based and spawns are poor. If you want to increase the amount of time you have to get to your 10 you risk letting the enemy win. 

Little story time, I was doing a lith interception and on the third round I failed 99% VS 100%, which is literally the longest an interception can go, and I only had 8 reactant. 

I dislike that fissures auto complete...l know I'm beating a dead horse, but I liked it more the way they had it originally granted that was only a week or so. 

I'd like to see more mob count per player in general in terms of over all spawns, one of the big changes they made was making spawn count per player, I think its to low, and I think the mobs still don't track to the player properly in a lot of scenarios. Endless missions can be tricky because in group play there is an abundance of mobs, air supply, ammo, but in solo play that is all drastically reduced. In standard missions I find myself plenty of occasions having to play hide and seek with them to track down where mobs are, they will appear in a area 3 rooms away, where i've already passed through and stand there even with the alarms on. This to me is what makes people feel bored with the game. 

I realize alot of people have different objectives, mine is not product acquisition it is killing mobs. I cannot do that without mobs to shoot at. We all can speed run, I personally would like to see a more involved game, with more targets to shoot at. 

-simi self obsorbed rant over-

Fissures are simplistic and normally I never encounter a lack of reactant, I like to run fissures to farm it and because I get a lot of targets comparative to standard missions. Much the way I wish standard missions would do.

1 hour ago, trst said:

It does explain it because there is a hard cut-off where you can no longer get anymore reactant. If you hit 5 minutes in a survival without 10 you could have killed enemies faster/more efficiently up to that point where as in an exterminate the only thing you could have done was be more lucky. You can still be efficient in an exterminate but only so much when you only have 100-200 enemies to work with.

If you're in a survival, or any endless fissure, and players are killing everything before they can be corrupted then the problem isn't with the system but with the players.

And no, that's not what I said. I said that these problems only happen within the first 2-3 relics.

After that point you should end up with your 10 reactant with minutes to spare in survivals.

"if you hit 5 minutes" dude you only have 5 minutes

"If you're in a survival, or any endless fissure, and players are killing everything before they can be corrupted then the problem isn't with the system but with the players."

No the problem is the system. Dear lord have you done a fissure mission? The problem isn't the players it's the mission. People kill stuff too fast for reactant to drop, and a system that demands players to slow down their kill rate is a bad system, how do you not see that?

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

The only fissure I absolutely cannot stand is interception, because it's time based and spawns are poor. If you want to increase the amount of time you have to get to your 10 you risk letting the enemy win. 

Little story time, I was doing a lith interception and on the third round I failed 99% VS 100%, which is literally the longest an interception can go, and I only had 8 reactant. 

Is Interception ever fun ? IMO its the worst game mode in the game. I hate it, I refuse to play it unless I have to. I cant even imagine Interception on a fissure, CHRIST! 

killing enemys to fast usually the issue. let them corrupt. bring frames to hold them. I dislike nukers running passive 4's because they move all over the map spreading the team spawns become erratic and getting corrupted can be a real challenge.

Edited by -Narauko-

3 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

"if you hit 5 minutes" dude you only have 5 minutes

"If you're in a survival, or any endless fissure, and players are killing everything before they can be corrupted then the problem isn't with the system but with the players."

No the problem is the system. Dear lord have you done a fissure mission? The problem isn't the players it's the mission. People kill stuff too fast for reactant to drop, and a system that demands players to slow down their kill rate is a bad system, how do you not see that?

"If you hit 5 minutes in a survival without 10 you could have killed enemies faster/more efficiently up to that point..." " You can still be efficient in an exterminate but only so much when you only have 100-200 enemies to work with. "

My point was that survival doesn't have the hard spawn cap that exterminate has. You can be more efficient in that 5 minutes than you can be in an exterminate which is why survival having lower reactant drop rates than exterminate makes sense.

"The problem isn't the players it's the mission. People kill stuff too fast for reactant to drop"

Pick one, either the problem is the system or it's what the players are doing. Everyone who has done more than one fissure knows that only corrupted enemies drop reactant.

"a system that demands players to slow down their kill rate is a bad system"

It requires you to not go in completely mindless and for you to realize how the system works. And yet again in endless fissures the spawn rates are only bad enough to cause these issues within the first 2-3 relics. After that point enemy spawn rates are high enough that there is no excuse to not get your 10 reactant with minutes to spare.

3 hours ago, (XB1)DeadFall526 said:

Is Interception ever fun ? IMO its the worst game mode in the game. I hate it, I refuse to play it unless I have to. I cant even imagine Interception on a fissure, CHRIST! 

That one Grineer cave map where, from some points, you can see most of the area and snipe freely.

Just want to point out that Exterminate Fissure mission doesn't have spawn cap because Corrupted enemy still keep flooding the map after you complete the objective. So yeah, Exterminate is extremely safe because you don't have a time limit to do so when Survival does. 

Also problem about survival is that either things die too fast or die not fast enough. You're limited by Life Support as well, and even though it can hardly be a problem if you're free to kill, when you have to wait for the corrupted to stack up to farm reactant, you have a risk of running out of it. 

Before some of the warframe power changes I did have a problem with collecting reactant because everything was dead. Now not so much.

The only problem I had with survivals fissure was when teams spread too far interrupting the spawns.