Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tennocon DIGITAL PACK sold out

bio007hunter

I need to do fissures to get more ducat. I want one or two mods. Bit i do it for me. I won't sell what i have grind for couple of days.

Actually the mods cost you on 300 and 385 ducat. With the credits to get with that. The players on trad chat want to buy this mod under 40p maybe 60p.

You know i won't sell them this low price in not good for the time i have grinding this fissures because i don't want do by them with other player for the junk prime.

I don't see why hiw many people is complenning about the relay. I bought the pack essentielly for the plat and cosmetic and this for support DE.

2 hours ago, (XB1)WorldSkink76 said:

I need to do fissures to get more ducat. I want one or two mods. Bit i do it for me. I won't sell what i have grind for couple of days.

Actually the mods cost you on 300 and 385 ducat. With the credits to get with that. The players on trad chat want to buy this mod under 40p maybe 60p.

You know i won't sell them this low price in not good for the time i have grinding this fissures because i don't want do by them with other player for the junk prime.

I don't see why hiw many people is complenning about the relay. I bought the pack essentielly for the plat and cosmetic and this for support DE.

I dunno what junk goes for on the xbox, on the ps4 I've been seeing offers of between 1 and 2 plat for junk leading up to the event. So if 15 ducats = 2 plat, then 300 ducats = 40 plat. 

That sort of lines up with what you said. 

On 2018-07-06 at 2:01 PM, Scythwolf said:

Nah, man... not cool.. I play for 2 month now. Everyone was speaking about Baro Kiteer coming to a tennocon relay but noone said that this package and the relay were connected and the points listed were of no importance to me cause I have not been far enough into the game to fall in love with that marsian dude  😛 

I wanted to buy it the day after it closed when I realised taht I needed the key inside. Well... pretty sad. I see the argument bout the things not beeing connected to the digital things... but the digital packages could still be sold. 😕

This happened to a lot of people. I find it ironic "TennoCon" (a gathering with a tradition centered around community) would have so many players insult and treat those poorly who missed out on the event or had a misunderstanding leading up to it. Leaves a real black eye on things for me. That's just my opinion. Love the game, but not what appears to be the ever more developing and dismissive culture within it. What ever angle you slice at it, I feel a lot of people who missed the event have been mistreated by some of the players.

Edited by komoriblues

41 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

This happened to a lot of people, I find it ironic during "TennoCon" that so many players insult and treat those poorly who missed out on the event or had a misunderstanding leading up to it. Leaves a real black eye on the game for me (rather the community you hear so much about for being positive). That's just my opinion. Love the game, but not what appears to be the most recent developing culture within it that seems to be more and more anchored in power fantasies. What ever angle you slice at it, I feel a lot of people have been mistreated by some of the players over this. 

I don't advocate treating people badly, but I saw people asking the same question over and over in the chat, and making the same complaint over and over. Even the "free plat if you say xyz backwards" trolls were drowned out by it. It's a lot like here, there are a lot of people who are upset that they didn't realise that they would need to buy a ticket. There are a lot of people complaining about not getting Ash Prime yet. 

Even when people explain the situation, there are still people who are upset. 

I'm guessing that a lot of people who are upset about not having tickets, don't fully understand that they probably wouldn't have been able to buy more than a couple of items from Baro. All they know is that some people have access, and they don't, and that means war. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

It's out of DE's control. You should have bought your ticket sometime in the three months that it was for sale. 

If you truly think this was out of DE's control, you don't understand how programming a game works. They chose to use the alternative company to sell the digital tickets. They chose to tie Baro to those tickets. This was anything but out of DE's control.

I've played warframe since alpha, pre-steam, and I'm really annoyed with how this entire thing was handled. I take breaks from the game, usually playing in 3-5 months periods, and didn't know anything about how tennocon stuff went down last year. I presumed it was an IRL only event, and dismissed it. Zero in-game information in the three months leading up to it aside from maybe something in the "news" kiosk that everyone ignores, and suddenly I see barro at a relay I can't go to because of a digital pack I GLADLY would have bought if properly notified.

To the people arrogantly claiming that kind of situation is not on DE, consider how ridiculously easy it would have been for them to do a login splash screen and a shop advertisement link with the digital ticket for sale. In the course of playing the normal game, I had no information delivered to me through channels that anyone uses daily about an in-game event. I have the resources to buy things, veteran player, more than happy to spend money on the game, played 4 days a week for the past 4 months, didn't know about the digital pack or what it contained.

That's on DE and poor execution.

Edited by kaizoku222

2 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

DE did their part, by informing people in both the market and news panel, just because you ignored what they did doesn't make it their fault.. The fault in this matter is all on you. 

Hard disagree, could have been done better, missed a lot of sales on the pack. I'm not here to change your mind, featured market link and login splash screen would have boosted sales. Having a news feed article that looks like "Tennocon ticket sales available now! Follow this lin......" cut off on the news console is about all that I could have "missed".

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Schobii564 said:

This basically

Plenty of people missed out that don't watch streams or go to the website. If you just play them game and don't interact with anything that's meta-game it was a reasonable thing to miss: 

It's nice that you disagree and all, but everyone that missed it because of a lack of in-game notice (which again, super easy to do) is money left on the table. No reason not to do better next time.

I noticed this on the 1st day since it was on the market for like a week, then it was moved to the news kiosk.. If you don't pay interest in the news then you miss out, clear and simple.. Besides there was enough people running around with the exclusive tennocon armour to draw peoples attention. 

4 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

I noticed this on the 1st day since it was on the market for like a week, then it was moved to the news kiosk.. If you don't pay interest in the news then you miss out, clear and simple.. Besides there was enough people running around with the exclusive tennocon armour to draw peoples attention. 

Did you have a point or.......? I can give you a "good at seeing things" badge I guess. You're not really giving any reasons why DE shouldn't do a 1 time login splash screen and or 3 month ad/market link, you're just explaining your, honestly kind of weird, ego about having noticed it when a lot of others didn't.

9 hours ago, Sibernetika said:

DE did their part, by informing people in both the market and news panel, just because you ignored what they did doesn't make it their fault.. The fault in this matter is all on you. 

You know, I keep hearing players ignored notices. Many new players and weekend warriors don't know where to access the bulletin board or the marketplace for that matter. I thought that'd be apparent by now. I'm sure other players did ignore it. But sure enough, a pop up in their inbox about a relay got the message around and many got curious, but the inbox didnt specify the details of the TennoCon Relay or event. And as people learned they wanted to attend. 

Look at other examples of confusing use of channels. Ash prime. People are saying a lot of indecent things to people for not following instructions correctly, but I really think things need to be improved. There's a lot of blue sky with "what went wrong" from a users perspective. What's troubling is how many people "got it right" have zero empathy for the people who didn't. This experience can and should be improved for people, not dismissed. The more people playing, enjoying and understanding Warframe the better for everyone.

Even look at what happened during the event with the message from Baro. It wasn't corrected, there wasn't even a mod in region chat to clarify things and it was left to players to do it in region. Which is very honorable, but there's a problem here. It lacks accountability. There's no one with DE speaking around the issue officially to handle it. Which often leads to the problems in the first place. So some people come here and what happens? Some who honor the spirit of what I TennoCon is help out. But honestly, many have been awful. .AND YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. 

On a personal note, I've had a lot of players treat me like crap over this. I didn't even need the stuff, but I understand why some players are frustrated and they deserve to be heard with respect. There has been a lot of confusion, particularly at the time of the event. People need to stop dodging what happened. Things can be better and will be. 

One small suggestion I have, and by all means people should add their own: have more purples putting a shift in region chat. Wouldn't hurt and many volunteer anyway. Costs nothing. We also saw how effective it was to players "Getting the message" with a popup in their inbox. Perhaps this type of delivery of the message needs to be explored more for an event like this. Have a colorful flyer that popsup in the inbox, make it fun and attention grabbing saying "don't forget to buy your ticket" more or less. If it's not a burden logistically or in terms of profits, make digital passes available at the time of the event. 

But please people, lets get to speaking about how to make this event bigger and more accessible, not about how stupid fellow tenno are...it's great you saw the announcements and attended the event. That doesn't dismiss what others experienced, many wanted to join the event. .why count people out in the future over something like this again? What does TennoCon mean to you? Is it about celebrating with people who love this game and making the best attempt to reach that audience or about completing an urge to something more exclusive than those around you. I know what I want it to mean.

Edited by komoriblues

Have you noticed that warframe is not in the habbit of holding your hand.. The tennocon pack gave people a special armour, sigil and glyph.. Every 2nd umbra was running around with it, lots of people on the forums are using the tennocon emblem, surely you must have noticed in chat how people are talking about needing to farm ducats like crazy because Baro is coming with everything for tennocon.. DE did their part to advertise it, the community did their part to show that they bought it.. You only missed its existence if you didn't pay attention..

So again DE did their part, it was mentioned in a live stream, and the community itself was spreading the word around as well.. 

You received the inbox that Baro is here but you couldn't go visit... Now next your you will be sure to have a ticket.. If you didn't get the message you would have complained that DE never let people know this existed.. 

If you don't pay attention to things in the warframe universe then you better expect to miss things. 

8 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Have you noticed that warframe is not in the habbit of holding your hand.. The tennocon pack gave people a special armour, sigil and glyph.. Every 2nd umbra was running around with it, lots of people on the forums are using the tennocon emblem, surely you must have noticed in chat how people are talking about needing to farm ducats like crazy because Baro is coming with everything for tennocon.. DE did their part to advertise it, the community did their part to show that they bought it.. You only missed its existence if you didn't pay attention..

So again DE did their part, it was mentioned in a live stream, and the community itself was spreading the word around as well.. 

You received the inbox that Baro is here but you couldn't go visit... Now next your you will be sure to have a ticket.. If you didn't get the message you would have complained that DE never let people know this existed.. 

If you don't pay attention to things in the warframe universe then you better expect to miss things. 

I asked for an explanation as to why DE shouldn't do better next year. It's in plain text right in front of you in the thread you're reading, did you not "notice" that? Login splash screen, shop link + ad, DE gets more money, you noticed, pats on the back for you, tons didn't. "I didn't have a problem" =/= "There is no problem"

And I said DE isn't in the habit of holding your hand, and that you should pay attention.. 

DE isn't in the habit of adverting things that needs real money other than Prime access.. So the fact that even was on the market is more than they usually do.. You will also notice that DE doesn't advertise warframe, they relay more on word of mouth than anything else, and so far that is working perfectly fine for them. 

Then see Komoriblue's post about being pointlessly combative toward people saying things can be done better. Engage with my argument or don't engage anymore please. "working perfectly fine" ended up in thousands of people not spending 20$ on warframe.

21 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

And I said DE isn't in the habit of holding your hand, and that you should pay attention.. 

DE isn't in the habit of adverting things that needs real money other than Prime access.. So the fact that even was on the market is more than they usually do.. You will also notice that DE doesn't advertise warframe, they relay more on word of mouth than anything else, and so far that is working perfectly fine for them. 

Not perfectly fine. That's potential revenue lost because they didn't extend a deadline through the event selling "tickets at the door". Unless there's a hard cap on virtual real estate or effects to profits we don't see (which is possible), things can improve for everyone involved and keep this kind of publicity out of the minds eye. But beyond that, in the spirit of TennoCon I would hope people may attend up to the last day of the event with a digital pass if they were so inclined, barring not something logistically being very difficult. It's TennoCon! Another question we could ask is, why July 3rd? There had to be business reasons, but I really hope they find a better way next year

Edited by komoriblues

14 minutes ago, kaizoku222 said:

I asked for an explanation as to why DE shouldn't do better next year.

Well... to counter point;

I would ask why you think they didn't do enough. There were months of articles on the home page even before the ticket sales went live, stickied topics in the forums, chat notifications in the Regional and Trading chat tabs. There were Youtube Partners and Twitch Streamers talking about it nearly every day when the tickets were released. Then even more of these, plus Inbox notifications when the tickets went live and a full round of the same News, Threads and notifications from every source available. Even more came out when there was a week left of the tickets on sale. They had every single method of getting this information to us fully stocked with the relevant details.

How else were they supposed to get this information across to everyone? Forcibly put up a splash-page of 'Tennocon Digital Packs Are Available Now! Get Access to all these things, plus access to the TennoCon Relay!' Every time you signed in? Put it on all the loading screens? Wait until you're in the Relays and have Vay Hek shout it from the monitors like he did in the Fomorian attacks?

I get that people are upset, honestly I do, but to those of us that did go and read the news updates, that did watch the Devstreams and Prime Times, that did see the forum threads, the notifications, the youtube videos, the twitch partners, and so on, we're not unsympathetic, we're incredulous.

We feel like the audience during Bruce Almighty when he says 'Send me a sign!' and the truck full of actual signs pulls out in front of him with flashing lights and everything, and all he does is see a slow moving vehicle and overtake it.

Most of us are genuinely surprised that the attitude, after everything DE did to make it clear was 'Am upset, didn't check info, rules unclear, should have had it anyway'.

It comes across to everyone that was repeatedly slapped in the face with all this information about Tennocon and the Digital Packs, that not only was it shocking that they could have missed these things, but also that the response to not having them is whiney, entitled and often comes off as purely childish.

So please pardon the abrupt and uncaring seeming responses (although I know that plenty of the players can just be genuine butt-hats) because the majority of the response is just... how did they not know this?

The ticket sales was handled by a 3rd party there was a deadline on the sales so the systems could update who must get access and must not.. If they left it to accept last minute sales there could potentially be problems and some people wouldn't get access.. DE made sure warframe will run smoothly while they are busy with Tennocon 

36 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

How else were they supposed to get this information across to everyone? Forcibly put up a splash-page of 'Tennocon Digital Packs Are Available Now! Get Access to all these things, plus access to the TennoCon Relay!' Every time you signed in? Put it on all the loading screens? Wait until you're in the Relays and have Vay Hek shout it from the monitors like he did in the Fomorian attacks?

Honestly, I think they should use the inbox and something to the effect "Don't forget your Digital Pass!" Said near the deadline with very clear explainations (similar to the webpage to buy the pass and maybe a little more emphasis on Baro since he seemed to confuse peeps). And I mean, look at how effective the inbox was impacting people conversely this time in raising confusion lol. Turn it around and use it as an advantage to spreading the word since it appeared to be very effective.

I saw a lot of confusion in region chat leading up to the event. But get some more purples on there regularly to share a message with some consistency. .It may be beneficial anyway with all the controversy surrounding kick bot lately. People love Mods most the time, most of them are outgoing people and I think a goal of more "face time" with Mods will improve the experience too. So yeah, enhancement of existing channels.

I'm not even going to touch the stream and Ash Prime confusion...

Edited by komoriblues