Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please do ANYTHING to even slightly improve trading

Dr_Wonderful

A Listings for unvaulted prime parts only that uses only other prime parts as trades.

Split the trading chat into 3 categories: mods, weapons and warframes, misc. Or give rivens their own chat channel <-- this will help A LOT

Make high in demand rivens for weapons easier to get by letting us select which weapon category it gets to be in, warframe trading is just tolerable until rivens came along. They caused a massive headache for other players when trading because they flooded the trade chat

Edited by Dr_Wonderful

43 minutes ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

A Listings for unvaulted prime parts only that uses only other prime parts as trades

You can already do this, trade your other parts for plat and buy the unvaulted parts with said plat.

Split the trading chat into 3 categories: mods, weapons and warframes, misc. Or give rivens their own chat channel <-- this will help A LOT

Use the filters. If you even barely use them correctly it slows trade chat to a crawl.

Make high in demand rivens for weapons easier to get by letting us select which weapon category it gets to be in, warframe trading is just tolerable until rivens came along. They caused a massive headache for other players when trading because they flooded the trade chat

"I can't get exactly what I want with ease so change the entire system for me" No.

And again, use the damn filters. Put "Visi" "Sati" "Hexa" "Acri" "Crita" and "riven" in the filter and you'll rarely ever see a riven post. I just did it to test it out and I didn't see a single riven post for 5 minutes and that's because someone posted a "geli" riven, so I just popped that into the filter and BAM didn't see another one for 10 minutes until I saw a "magna" riven pop up. Rinse and repeat. 

1 minute ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

Riven Trading still needs it own chat. You know what is easier than filtering every variant of Riven? Not having to.

You want an entire other chat because you don't wanna take 10 seconds to input a 1-time filter, yet that's easier? Naw, it's fine as is. Filter is piss easy to use or just git gud at reading faster than a 7 year old.

What we need is the following changes:

1. Trade chat search, if anybody posted a message with your item and they are still online you can search their message and mail them
  2. As he said a separate tab for rivens, prime stuff and for everything else
  3. A filter system what highlights and posts every message in your include list as a pm to you from that user, separately for each included item
  4. Some spacing between messages and preferably the ability to color your messages so the chat doesnt turn into a big wall of text

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You want an entire other chat because you don't wanna take 10 seconds to input a 1-time filter, yet that's easier? Naw, it's fine as is. Filter is piss easy to use or just git gud at reading faster than a 7 year old.

What your peabrain fails to understand is even if I am using the filters anyone who might be interested in the item I am selling might not be, might not know about them, or might be interested in buying other parts outside of those filters. Having the trade chat compartmentalized allows you to get to the stuff you want to buy and sell much quicker. Someone with no filters might completely miss my offer and I have to wait 2 whole minutes while the riven ticker tape parade leaves my message in the dust in less than a second. It may slow down chat for you but it doesn't slow down for everyone else, and you have to wait 2 minutes before you are forced to try again in vain, and even with filters you're forced to quess whether ot not someone even saw your item. It's absurd. Defending this even more so.

Issues like this are why sites like warframedotmarket exist in the first place.

Edited by Rocktimus-Rhyme

2 minutes ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

What your peabrain fails to understand is even if I am using the filters anyone who might be interested in the item I am selling might not be, might not know about them, or might be interested in buying other parts outside of those filters. Having the trade chat compartmentalized allows you to get to the stuff you want to buy and sell much quicker. Someone with no filters might completely miss my offer and I have to wait 2 whole minutes while the riven ticker tape parade leaves my message in the dust in less than a second. It's absurd.

Then we should encourage usage of filters more then, no? I mean you're aware before rivens were a thing people complained that chat went to fast for them to read, so it's very likely you'll run into the same problem if you split up the chats. Reinforcing that the solution should just be encouraging filter usage and people to get better at speed reading.

What is in it for you to make chat twice as fast? Seriously. What do YOU get out of it? Another tab for rivens won't dramatically change the way you play the game or anything so what is in it for Ragnarok?

Let me tell you about a little obscure game called World of Warcraft and these things called Meeting Stones. Meeting Stones were a way to get people to get groups for a dungeon, you would click on the stone, and wait for four more people, hopefully the correct class and role to also click on the stone and when five people did so, the meeting stone would automatically put you together in a group. The problem is, no one ever used them. It was much easier to use the looking for group channel to find a group for any content you might want to run, it was faster and more convenient than traveling to the dungeon clicking on the stone, then going back to whatever you were doing. When people would complain about how useless these stones were and wanted a proper looking for group tool, the developers would say "Just use the meeting stones." after nearly 3 years of constant feedback, blizzard eventually did the smart thing. They allowed two players to summon the rest of your party to the entrance of the dungeon using the meeting stone. The moral of this story is just because something seems useful doesn't mean it can't be put to better use. The trade chat is a mess right now. It is indefensibly bad. Filters won't fix the problem, because like meeting stones, no matter how many people are made aware of them, no one is forced to use them. No one is made aware they exist. Despite how surface level useful they seem. It simply isn't accepted in the wider culture. There is very little DE can do about this either.

Why should I encourage any player to do anything when the simplest move is simply not having this problem in the first place. You can solve the problem by making a seperate channel for rivens. Rivens take up an overwhelming amount of real estate in the trade channel. The simplest solution is often the best one. Instead of trying to force people to use something they aren't using, give them something they will use. A riven trade channel.

1 minute ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

What is in it for you to make chat twice as fast? Seriously. What do YOU get out of it? Another tab for rivens won't dramatically change the way you play the game or anything so what is in it for Ragnarok?

Let me tell you about a little obscure game called World of Warcraft and these things called Meeting Stones. Meeting Stones were a way to get people to get groups for a dungeon, you would click on the stone, and wait for four more people, hopefully the correct class and role to also click on the stone and when five people did so, the meeting stone would automatically put you together in a group. The problem is, no one ever used them. It was much easier to use the looking for group channel to find a group for any content you might want to run, it was faster and more convenient than traveling to the dungeon clicking on the stone, then going back to whatever you were doing. When people would complain about how useless these stones were and wanted a proper looking for group tool, the developers would say "Just use the meeting stones." after nearly 3 years of constant feedback, blizzard eventually did the smart thing. They allowed two players to summon the rest of your party to the entrance of the dungeon using the meeting stone. The moral of this story is just because something seems useful doesn't mean it can't be put to better use. The trade chat is a mess right now. It is indefensibly bad. Filters won't fix the problem, because like meeting stones, no matter how many people are made aware of them, no one is forced to use them. No one is made aware they exist. Despite how surface level useful they seem. It simply isn't accepted in the wider culture. There is very little DE can do about this either.

Why should I encourage any player to do anything when the simplest move is simply not having this problem in the first place. You can solve the problem by making a seperate channel for rivens. Rivens take up an overwhelming amount of real estate in the trade channel. The simplest solution is often the best one. Instead of trying to force people to use something they aren't using, give them something they will use. A riven trade channel.

Nothing is directly in it for me, I'm merely commenting on your ideas to "improve" the game. You are aware I don't have to directly benefit to say I disagree with a proposition correct?

As it stands creating a multitude of chat channels solves effectively nothing EXCEPT forcing people who group multiple items into their sale posts to switch between each individual channel and post different listings. It also forces people who scan the chats for all sales and such looking for deals to switch back and forth between chats, obviously missing listings as they do so.

As it stands Trade chat works fine in it's current iteration, we have filters for people who want to tailor it to their specific needs, and warframe.market exists for those who don't want to use it at all. 

So what you're really saying is you're more interested in trading platinum like some kind of armchair stock broker instead of making the channel easier to use for everyone. Filters do not help me sell my items, or anyone else, if they aren't use frequently. And even then you miss out on those people who are only trying to buy specific stuff, but might be interested in your item, because 20 unrelated items made your post fly by in less than a second. Forcing people to apply generous filters when they are simply trying to shop around, yet the chat is filled to the brim with 100% end game items, that the average player can never afford is simply ludicrous. There is no defense for this other than "I don't like making two posts in two slower moving channel instead of one.

It is high time to do a normal auction house. It is impossible even to have time to read the information about the product being sold and click on the seller's nickname, all information flies so quickly in the chat. Additional tabs are more like a crutch, not a solution to a problem. Although ... it's better to have tabs, than now.

7 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

It is high time to do a normal auction house. It is impossible even to have time to read the information about the product being sold and click on the seller's nickname, all information flies so quickly in the chat. Additional tabs are more like a crutch, not a solution to a problem. Although ... it's better to have tabs, than now.

That's the thing. A seperate tab for rivens would slow down the trade chat by about half at LEAST. Ragnarok even admitted as much when he said

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Use the filters. If you even barely use them correctly it slows trade chat to a crawl.

then contradicted himself when he said

32 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Then we should encourage usage of filters more then, no? I mean you're aware before rivens were a thing people complained that chat went to fast for them to read, so it's very likely you'll run into the same problem if you split up the chats. Reinforcing that the solution should just be encouraging filter usage and people to get better at speed reading.

Sow which is it? Does trade chat without rivens move slower than a crawl? or was the trade channel too fast before all of the Riven Spam?
Strikes me as someone with ulterior motives. Why are you lying to our faces, Ragnarok?

10 minutes ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

So what you're really saying

It'd be better to just read what I said and not imposing your own idea of it. I was very clear, I don't need your incorrect decipher.

is you're more interested in trading platinum like some kind of armchair stock broker instead of making the channel easier to use for everyone.

I'm saying the tools are already there to make it easier to use. 

Filters do not help me sell my items, or anyone else, if they aren't use frequently.

Then use them more frequently. Just you using it improves it for you because it allows you to see posts you otherwise wouldn't have seen related to what you want or see what others want. 

And even then you miss out on those people who are only trying to buy specific stuff, but might be interested in your item, because 20 unrelated items made your post fly by in less than a second.

Trade chat isn't that fast, don't be so hyperbolic. 

Forcing people to apply generous filters when they are simply trying to shop around, yet the chat is filled to the brim with 100% end game items, that the average player can never afford is simply ludicrous. There is no defense for this other than "I don't like making two posts in two slower moving channel instead of one.

There is no defense for your suggestion except "I don't like having to use filters on one moderately quick moving channel".

10 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

Only something like warframe.market, nothing that allows people to sell items without being online or interacting with the other player.

Edited by Ragnarok

I have no issue using filters when I AM BUYING something. I said as much already, but when I AM SELLING there is no guarantee the person who might be interested in my item will even be able to see it. I can't encourage someone I never talked to to use filters. How hard is this to under stand my dude?

3 minutes ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

Sow which is it? Does trade chat without rivens move slower than a crawl? or was the trade channel too fast before all of the Riven Spam?
Strikes me as someone with ulterior motives. Why are you lying to our faces, Ragnarok?

A large portion of listings are combinations of rivens and other items, removing rivens will unfortunately affect these as well. I usually prefer using the positive filtering because then you get any and all messages with items you're interested in. If chats were split there would likely be similar amounts of posts as there are now, they would just be split up. So if the speed of the text is an issue for you, then it's unlikely to change.

I don't even agree trade chat is too fast, basic reading skills and ability to parse important information is all you need. Apparently that's become a rarity.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Trade chat isn't that fast, don't be so hyperbolic.

You, right here are being willfully duplicitous and obtuse. This topic wouldn't be so prevalent if it wasn't an issue. Trade chat is abominally fast. I can read it fast enough. but there are no promises a potential buyer can.

1 минуту назад, Ragnarok сказал:

Я даже не соглашаюсь, что торговый чат слишком быстр, основные навыки чтения и способность разбирать важную информацию - это все, что вам нужно. По-видимому, это стало редкостью.

:laugh:I can not even take you seriously, mate.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

A large portion of listings are combinations of rivens and other items, removing rivens will unfortunately affect these as well. I usually prefer using the positive filtering because then you get any and all messages with items you're interested in. If chats were split there would likely be similar amounts of posts as there are now, they would just be split up. So if the speed of the text is an issue for you, then it's unlikely to change.

I don't even agree trade chat is too fast, basic reading skills and ability to parse important information is all you need. Apparently that's become a rarity.

You have done nothing but backhanded insult people this entire thread dude. What is your deal?

"You need a really high IQ to watch trade chat like me, why aren't you like me?" Jesus Christ.

2 minutes ago, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

You, right here are being willfully duplicitous and obtuse. This topic wouldn't be so prevalent if it wasn't an issue. Trade chat is abominally fast. I can read it fast enough. but there are no promises a potential buyer can.

Just now, Rocktimus-Rhyme said:

You have done nothing but backhanded insult people this entire thread dude. What is your deal?

"You need a really high IQ to watch trade chat like me, why aren't you like me?" Jesus Christ.

You said trade chat is something like 20 messages per second or whatever, I'm watching it right now and outside of the spurts where 3-5 messages come out at once, you're looking at maybe 1-3 messages a second with often times gaps where nothing is posted at all. If you think it's insulting that I expect you to have moderate reading comprehension and speed then I think that says more about you than me.

4 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

:laugh:I can not even take you seriously, mate.

That's fair, I never expected you to.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Falconer777:

This so much. Not only it would provide more transparency as it would also save everybody tons of time.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You said trade chat is something like 20 messages per second or whatever, I'm watching it right now and outside of the spurts where 3-5 messages come out at once, you're looking at maybe 1-3 messages a second with often times gaps where nothing is posted at all. If you think it's insulting that I expect you to have moderate reading comprehension and speed then I think that says more about you than me.

That's fair, I never expected you to.

You are full of it dude.

10 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

This.^^

The game is too big now not to properly support trading. Of course, DE would actually have to do something to track trades and then they would be responsible for restoring items if fraudulent plat was used, so this is never going to happen. It's just easier for them to ignore the problem.

1 час назад, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph сказал:

This.^^

The game is too big now not to properly support trading. Of course, DE would actually have to do something to track trades and then they would be responsible for restoring items if fraudulent plat was used, so this is never going to happen. It's just easier for them to ignore the problem.

I hope they will not endlessly ignore this problem. To keep the playerbase it is necessary to maintain the "quality of the game life", this is obvious.

hey guys i want to create a meta for trading, so basically you set up a dojo for auctions, each session has a certain type of items, like riven mods, warframes, primarys, 2ndarys, melee's special weapons, mods, one person will be the auctioneer and assign numbers for order, when your number is up you post one item in the chat, then ppl post bids, once the item sells the next in line posts in dojo chat