Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, PLEASE FIX SURVIVAL LIFE SUPPORT DROPS

BlaszczeM

This is more of a problem solo, but even in groups, it's present.

Many people noticed it, and it's the laughable life support drops from enemies. They are much too infrequent, making longer runs on certain maps near impossible/too hard to be justifiable without a Nekros and slash weapons. You have to rely on capsules, which are also a bit too infrequent when solo, and in certain maps in groups. The same with mob spawning density when solo. There are too few to get a reasonable amount of life support drops, making solo survival a chore.

Solo survival is harder than group survival. It's purely logical.

3 minutes ago, BlaszczeM said:

near impossible/too hard to be justifiable without a Nekros and slash weapons

What is not letting you to bring Nekros in there? DE is forcing you to play as they want and you need more freedom? :clem:

Edited by Prof.549

11 minutes ago, BlaszczeM said:

This is more of a problem solo, but even in groups, it's present.

Many people noticed it, and it's the laughable life support drops from enemies. They are much too infrequent, making longer runs on certain maps near impossible/too hard to be justifiable without a Nekros and slash weapons. You have to rely on capsules, which are also a bit too infrequent when solo, and in certain maps in groups. The same with mob spawning density when solo. There are too few to get a reasonable amount of life support drops, making solo survival a chore.

I have found that the game is remarkably stingy lately on supplying the needed amount of life support capsules lately. Particularly in Kuva survival but I have noticed as well in the last few patches on Lua as well.

11 minutes ago, Prof.549 said:

Solo survival is harder than group survival. It's purely logical.

14 minutes ago, BlaszczeM said:

near impossible/too hard to be justifiable without a Nekros and slash weapons

What is not letting you to bring Nekros in there? DE is forcing you to play as they want and you need more freedom?

Solo survival harder than group. Duh. 

You seem to have missed my point. It's harder because the drops for the life support are laughably pitiful.

What is not letting me bring a Nekros? Hmm, let's see. Maybe cos I don't have a Nekros, and only leveled base version once to 30 as mastery fodder, but didn't like him some much I got rid of him to make space for a more fun (for me) frame.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "De is forcing you to play as they want and you need more freedom?".

You do realize this sentence is dumb? I mean, if they're "forcing me to play as they want", then hell yes I want more freedom.

Edited by BlaszczeM

The Spawn Rate in Solo Survival needs to be Improved. That one change would fix the Life Support drop issue. KPS is what helps keeping Life Support Active and with the Current spawns we got, KPS is going to rely on your Luck since Survival's Spawn rates is so Random without mods like Enemy Sense and Enemy Radar.That's why I enjoy playing against Infested because they run up to you even with Animal Instinct.  Against Grineer or Corrupted, they would just take their sweet time coming Towards you until they see you. The Inconsistent Spawns is what annoys me the most when I want to do a Survival for 1 hour+. Kuva Fortress is probably the best place outside of Eris.

Edited by VPrime96

you're supposed to use Life Support Towers AND Life Support Pickups together to maintain Life Support.
if you aren't able to keep Life Support steady with one one or the other - that's the point.

Survival tests the Player on their efficiency of Killing Enemies. you need to be Killing them quickly to continue playing. eventually your Killing rate goes down due to their increased Level, and then you leave because you can't keep Life Support stable. if you want to go further, do more Damage and Kill faster.

it's generally recommended to stay in/near the Intersection Tiles in Survival (the ones that the Life Support Towers appear in) as those Tiles are generally good for Enemy Spawns.
additionally, remember that each of these Intersection Tiles has a limited number of 'slots' for Life Support Towers (usually 3 each). you'll stop getting Life Support Towers all together if you let all of them on your map seed get occupied, for example. effectively wasting Life Support.

l00t Multiplication Abilities haven't been a necessity in Survival for years. they allow you to play Survival past what your Equipment is capable of, though.

Is that a general survival issue or only with specific faction/maps? Never encountered much problems outside of corpus ice planet.

Life support drops are (kind of) scarce for the first minutes before enemy spawn ramps up a bit, never been much of a problem either.

Everyone darting off in different directions or horrible camp spots can screw up enemy spawn though, so much that even nekros can't do much.

Solo depends on a few factors but is ok-ish.

Enemy sense/radar, animal instinct, banshee, killing everything in sight fast...lot of tactics work just fine.

15 hours ago, taiiat said:

you're supposed to use Life Support Towers AND Life Support Pickups together to maintain Life Support.
if you aren't able to keep Life Support steady with one one or the other - that's the point.

Survival tests the Player on their efficiency of Killing Enemies. you need to be Killing them quickly to continue playing. eventually your Killing rate goes down due to their increased Level, and then you leave because you can't keep Life Support stable. if you want to go further, do more Damage and Kill faster.

the problem is, it doesn't matter. The problem is that even if you kill all the enemies in range quickly, the amount of life support they drop is much too little. At some point, the towers are not enough to support you with the low drop rate of life support.

And the killing rate is not a problem, at least for me. I can easily go killing most of the enemies quickly 1h+ with most of my frames and weapons. The problem is that not enough life support drops.

6 hours ago, BlaszczeM said:

the problem is, it doesn't matter. The problem is that even if you kill all the enemies in range quickly, the amount of life support they drop is much too little. At some point, the towers are not enough to support you with the low drop rate of life support.

And the killing rate is not a problem, at least for me. I can easily go killing most of the enemies quickly 1h+ with most of my frames and weapons. The problem is that not enough life support drops.

it's something you're doing (maybe trying to AFK in a dead end hallway which only works with l00t Multiplication Warframes) that's causing it. one of the things i did for a long time in the game was to play a Solo Survival for a couple hours whenever i was bored. i never had any problems.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

it's something you're doing (maybe trying to AFK in a dead end hallway which only works with l00t Multiplication Warframes) that's causing it. one of the things i did for a long time in the game was to play a Solo Survival for a couple hours whenever i was bored. i never had any problems.

No, I know what BlaszczeM is talking about, its been slowly moving out to other survivals since Kuva Survival.

Survival missions have always highlighted the wonky enemy spawning and AI.

The rate at which life support drops from enemies would probably be perfectly fine, IF the enemy AI could navigate well all the tilesets without getting stuck at floor geometry, doorways, pathing areas, and the spawning system paid more attention to the map layout and not just some proximity thing, when rooms can vary wildly in their sizes and layout, that will have a huge impact on how the spawning system can bring new enemies to the player.