Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post "The Sacrifice" Quest "Hey Kiddo" Dialogue [Spoilers!]

Disclaimer: I know PC players probably have seen this before but I'm on console and I have no idea how likely this event is. I've only heard from my ghost operator once after the Harrow Quest (have done it a a few months ago) so it seems like a sorta rare event especially after the Sacrifice came out. Also in general, I didn't expect dialogue about the sacrifice quest from the ghost.

I found out that plenty of other people have heard this but if you haven't or want a video of it here it is. The "hey kiddo" line as I've heard some refer to it. It still freaks me out that this is the second time I've seen this imp thing

I'm fairly certain that you have to complete the Harrow quest to play The Sacrifice Quest. After the Harrow Quest you see a little ghost version of yourself in your landing craft. After I logged in to do sortie 3 I heard the ghost and thought not much of it besides "creepy ghost child", until I heard what my operator said in response:

Text Dialogue if you don't wanna hear it:
Ghost: Feelin better, kiddo?
Operator: I killed him... Isaah
Ghost: Did you now? Is that how you remember it? 
Operator: Yes
Ghost: Good.

Note: I choose all neutral choices during the quest which might effect the dialogue.

Callback: Remember when Ordis was telling us how we might internalize the memories and how Umbra remembered killing Issah? Guess he was right and the imp likes that he was right 0-0

Edited by (PS4)GL_alphamind
Found out people have defiantly heard this, forgot an extra comment

Wally, he is a mischievous imp, don't let him steal your Noggles when you aren't looking. Seriously though, Wally is the entity that Rell was trying to protect the rest of the world from, an entity of the Void that claims we owe it for our survival on the Zariman and our powers. Rell ultimately was losing his struggle with the entity and one must worry, now that is all our problems how well we do in containing it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

Ok I played all quests.... I didn’t kill anyone, who is Issah? I know who rel is.

If you don't recognize the name, you may need to do the Apostasy quest first in your personal quarters to unlock it.

It'll be a big purple glowing sphere near the window, if you haven't done it yet.

7 hours ago, Urlan said:

Wally, he is a mischievous imp, don't let him steal your Noggles when you aren't looking. Seriously though, Wally is the entity that Rell was trying to protect the rest of the world from, an entity of the Void that claims we owe it for our survival on the Zariman and our powers. Rell ultimately was losing his struggle with the entity and one must worry, now that is all our problems how well we do in containing it.

But He(it?) is also believed to be responsible for driving your(and every other kids)parents mad on the zariman ten zero so really a good/bad thing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForerunnerKnight said:

But He(it?) is also believed to be responsible for driving your(and every other kids)parents mad on the zariman ten zero so really a good/bad thing.

Rell didn't have anything to do with turning the Zariman adults mad, that would again be either Wally or the Void itself, possessing or driving everyone over our Tenno's ages insane and murderous. Rell just identified what was going on in his own way before the rest of us.Rell blasted however one of the crazy adults that claimed to have been his mother before she was possessed. Rell later founded the Red Veil and after a while decided to permanently merge with his Harrow warframe, ordering his followers to bind him with chains in their derelict headquarters as another way to keep Wally out of our reality. Rell tried to keep Wally in only his own mind but it was slowly failing and just his presence was enough to drive some of the Red Veil insane in a similar fashion as the Zariman Ten-0.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Rell didn't have anything to do with turning the Zariman adults mad, that would again be either Wally or the Void itself, possessing or driving everyone over our Tenno's ages insane and murderous. Rell just identified what was going on in his own way before the rest of us.Rell blasted however one of the crazy adults that claimed to have been his mother before she was possessed. Rell later founded the Red Veil and after a while decided to permanently merge with his Harrow warframe, ordering his followers to bind him with chains in their derelict headquarters as another way to keep Wally out of our reality. Rell tried to keep Wally in only his own mind but it was slowly failing and just his presence was enough to drive some of the Red Veil insane in a similar fashion as the Zariman Ten-0.

Sorry my previous post was refering to just The Man in the Wall not rell sorry for the mixup

On 2018-07-06 at 11:58 PM, (PS4)GL_alphamind said:

Note: I choose all neutral choices during the quest which might effect the dialogue.

Callback: Remember when Ordis was telling us how we might internalize the memories and how Umbra remembered killing Issah? Guess he was right and the imp likes that he was right 0-0

Yep same happened to me last night, and I also picked neutral for everything. I have a clanmate that picked mostly darkside type answers, as soon as she finishes the quest and creepy guy shows up, hopefully will know soon if there is different dialogue (hoping there is).

• 4 weeks later...
Le 07/07/2018 à 05:58, (PS4)GL_alphamind a dit :

Disclaimer: I know PC players probably have seen this before but I'm on console and I have no idea how likely this event is. I've only heard from my ghost operator once after the Harrow Quest (have done it a a few months ago) so it seems like a sorta rare event especially after the Sacrifice came out. Also in general, I didn't expect dialogue about the sacrifice quest from the ghost.

I found out that plenty of other people have heard this but if you haven't or want a video of it here it is. The "hey kiddo" line as I've heard some refer to it. It still freaks me out that this is the second time I've seen this imp thing

I'm fairly certain that you have to complete the Harrow quest to play The Sacrifice Quest. After the Harrow Quest you see a little ghost version of yourself in your landing craft. After I logged in to do sortie 3 I heard the ghost and thought not much of it besides "creepy ghost child", until I heard what my operator said in response:

Actually Ballas made a link between himself and Umbra , you can see/hear this in the multiple "Komi " scenes

So i think that the ghost talking and saying "good" when your operator say that's how he remember it  is in fact a part of Ballas Mind locked in Umbra's mind

And that's why it's "good" for him that the operator think this - to make him and umbra feel guilty - to weaken them and maybe later , try to take control over the operator

13 hours ago, Yemesis said:

Actually Ballas made a link between himself and Umbra , you can see/hear this in the multiple "Komi " scenes

So i think that the ghost talking and saying "good" when your operator say that's how he remember it  is in fact a part of Ballas Mind locked in Umbra's mind

And that's why it's "good" for him that the operator think this - to make him and umbra feel guilty - to weaken them and maybe later , try to take control over the operator

Well, not a specific link but Ballas did have a Transference Bolt attached to the Old Dax prior to his full transformation that allowed him to telepathically communicate and control the Dax post transformation. The entity saying 'good' is 'Wally' or the Man in the Wall if you prefer from the end of War Within and referenced in Chains of Harrow. Rell had merged with his Harrow and had his followers, the Red Veil imprison him to try to act as a living prison or barrier against Wally influencing the material world. He was failing, and Wally was largely influencing the Red Veil and Rell's Harrow body by the time we gave Rell a mercy kill. Ultimately, though Wally says we owe him, and are nothing without him, we have to worry about ending like Rell; a shell with a Void entity taking it over.

Edited by Urlan