Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance to link Console accounts to play on PC? (Crossplay+Cross-Platform Account Linking)

10 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Until about a month or 2 ago I would have said the same, but this thing going on ATM with Fortnight and Nintendo & Microsoft teaming up to cross-play leaving Sony as the lone resistance in the face of wide ranging criticism of the company has drastically changed the situation. And WF as a co-op F2P PvE game is a prime candidate for cross-platform.

And as far as we knew we'd never get open world and all the stuff shown now at tennocon. I believe DE can do it if they actually want. And I do want to play on the go but not enough to start my many years grind over.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

And as far as we knew we'd never get open world and all the stuff shown now at tennocon. I believe DE can do it if they actually want. And I do want to play on the go but not enough to start my many years grind over.

I think it's a little more complicated than "DE can do it if they actually want"... On a technical level they can 100%, but there are contracts with the console companies which have previously been the main issue, but as I said before, the situation has changed recently.
With the open world stuff, it was a technical difficulty, and the assumption they would not get this far, it's not really comparable to walls put up due to contract conditions enforced by larger companies. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

12 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I think it's a little more complicated than "DE can do it if they actually want"... On a technical level they can 100%, but there are contracts with the console companies which have previously been the main issue, but as I said before, the situation has changed recently.
With the open world stuff, it was a technical difficulty, and the assumption they would not get this far, it's not really comparable to walls put up due to contract conditions enforced by larger companies. 

And as I said before I know Sony is being stubborn. And it may well be impossible now, but the thing is, as you very well said, it's a bit more complicated. None of us except DE can know it for sure about what they can or cannot achieve, so I give suggestions but wait for them to think them trough.

About this in particular I still want to hear DE out about what they think. Sony (or other companies) is irrelevant since all they can make is prevent it from happening legally, but if it is possible then it is possible. And they'll have to budge someday. So contracts aside (which don't determine technological possibility) I rather know if it can be done and start from there.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

And as I said before I know Sony is being stubborn. And it may well be impossible now, but the thing is, as you very well said, it's a bit more complicated. None of us except DE can know it for sure about what they can or cannot achieve, so I give suggestions but wait for them to think them trough.

About this in particular I still want to hear DE out about what they think. Sony (or other companies) is irrelevant since all they can make is prevent it from happening legally, but if it is possible then it is possible. And they'll have to budge someday. So contracts aside (which don't determine technological possibility) I rather know if it can be done and start from there.

I'd ping one of them, but I'd rather this thread garner enough interesting viewpoints for them to WANT to check it out and give it thought. I totally get where you're coming from.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I'd ping one of them, but I'd rather this thread garner enough interesting viewpoints for them to WANT to check it out and give it thought. I totally get where you're coming from.

Indeed. If it can't be done... Oh well we gotta live with it. But if it can, company pettiness aside and legal greed, I'll fight for it. And even if the builds between PC/Other platforms can't be synched, there's still Console/Console to explore as PS4 and XBox1 (and I expect switch to follow this) share the same build. PC can't? Well too bad... I want them too, I wanna play my account on my laptop, but if we achieve console crossplatform only so be it, as long as it's possible.

54 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Until about a month or 2 ago I would have said the same, but this thing going on ATM with Fortnight and Nintendo & Microsoft teaming up to cross-play leaving Sony as the lone resistance in the face of wide ranging criticism of the company has drastically changed the situation. And WF as a co-op F2P PvE game is a prime candidate for cross-platform.

But the different builds? Even console updates aren't always released at the exact same time. 

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)ALG Minuscule36:

Would you mind sharing your viewpoint? I'd like to know why you think it wouldn't happen.

If not, I understand.

Because it's something that has been asked for for a long time and hasn't happened yet.

Update processes are different for console & PC, the latter being the testing ground where DE can fix/add/remove stuff at their leisure because they don't have to wait for certification processes.

Another thing being that Sony & MS just don't want shared accounts/crossplay because they'd lose out on revenue (MS crossplay/cross platform is for the overwhelming majority only available for games MS developed/published while for Sony it's just a general no).

Nobody wants to share the pie, do they all have their separate ones.

I'd love crossplay, but it's not gonna happen because they aren't keen on shooting themselves in foot financially.

Just now, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

But the different builds? Even console updates aren't always released at the exact same time. 

It doesn't really matter if it's at the same time tbh. What matters is that both have the same build. One can wait for the other's certification. I certainly wouldn't mind for the sake of account freedom.

27 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Because it's something that has been asked for for a long time and hasn't happened yet.

Update processes are different for console & PC, the latter being the testing ground where DE can fix/add/remove stuff at their leisure because they don't have to wait for certification processes.

Another thing being that Sony & MS just don't want shared accounts/crossplay because they'd lose out on revenue (MS crossplay/cross platform is for the overwhelming majority only available for games MS developed/published while for Sony it's just a general no).

I'd love crossplay, but it's not gonna happen because they aren't keen on shooting themselves in foot financially.

I see, we'll thank you for elaborating.

53 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i could see it happening for nintendo/xbox but i dunno about PC as well since we seem to get all the patches before consoles do.

That's already ongoing in cases like Fortnite and Minecraft. I believe there were some suggestions prior as to ways updates could be synced a bit better. Even as it stands, PC is at 23.0.7 where consoles are at a flat 23, we're not THAT far off.

6 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

I don't think you've really been keeping up with the gaming industry lately... Or this thread...

6 hours ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

I think this is a side issue, deployment can be held till the slowest cert is done then all deployed at once, alternatively they go to cert with a deployment date preset with enough time so they are all easily approved before the deployment date.
If other games can do it I don;t see why DE can't.

Edited by Carnage2K4

6 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I think this is a side issue, deployment can be held till the slowest cert is done then all deployed at once, alternatively they go to cert with a deployment date preset with enough time so they are all easily approved before the deployment date.
If other games can do it I don;t see why DE can't.

Basically my thought.

They're able to do hotfixes without certs, so really it would just be console giving up their buffer on all the PC launch problems.

Once the builds get to that point where they can throw them out at the same time, update them simultaneously, and allow multi-platform account use, I think this game would great benefit. I say that as a person who's wanted to see that for a long while.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Basically my thought.

They're able to do hotfixes without certs, so really it would just be console giving up their buffer on all the PC launch problems.

Once the builds get to that point where they can throw them out at the same time, update them simultaneously, and allow multi-platform account use, I think this game would great benefit. I say that as a person who's wanted to see that for a long while.

Yes. I really don't get the "It's been asked and not given" argument. Sony also wanted crossplay last gen and Microsoft refused. Times change. Costumer care is the future (see how DE is having a lot of success over a free game while full priced games like Battlefront flopped). Player freedom an happiness is the future because a happy costumer will be happy to pay for a good experience (DE, once again, and see how much the players are happy playing several games between several platforms).

It wasn't possible then, but why do we have PoE and Fortuna, two open worlds for a closed-off game for an underdog studio of the industry that pitched Warframe's concept to big studios and they refused it? Why do we have so many game modes and content that were never expected to arrive and be part of the game? Because DE evolves and I firmly believe that if they can't now, but there is a lot of desire for data migration to become a reality, they'll figure out a way to do it. I've ceased judging warframe before I get my hands on the content because I trust them to handle it in the best possible way for me.

The servers aren't good? I bet some day on the future they'll make them work out, like the new PhysX particles that are now compatible with every version of the game, consoles included. I don't mind if it takes time, even years, as long as they say it's possible, and make it come true. I don't really care for time since I plan to stick with warframe for as long as it exists the way it is now, and even if it comes late it'll mean I'll still get it some time.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 hour ago, (XB1)DeadFall526 said:

More than possible but it will never happen just like PC being linked with Switch,never ever going to happen! Put these dreams away and move on. 

Little harsh of a statement, friend.

Would you like to share your viewpoint on why you think that? Why would it "never happen"?

I'm greatly interested in both sides of this story.

I’d be happy with just another one time migration to Switch, since I haven’t played in two years after my laptop bit the dust. 

It might be enough to just start with the platinum I have left in my account, but I’m not exactly thrilled about restarting from 0 when I left at MR 21. 

31 minutes ago, Ser.0 said:

I’d be happy with just another one time migration to Switch, since I haven’t played in two years after my laptop bit the dust. 

It might be enough to just start with the platinum I have left in my account, but I’m not exactly thrilled about restarting from 0 when I left at MR 21. 

So just account linking for your case, right? Even that would be nice, if not crossplay, the ability to just account link your progress and everything.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Whoo, those images came out much larger than I thought they would. There's 6 images there though, I thought there were some valid points.

Do you know how much that image makes me happy? And did you know DE (per the Noclip documentary) was one of the first (and few) who actually tried and succeeded in convincing Sony to allow the free to play model on consoles at all? And this time not just DE, but the world has reasons to want it. There's still a light at the end of the tunnel!