Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance to link Console accounts to play on PC? (Crossplay+Cross-Platform Account Linking)

41 minutes ago, Ser.0 said:

I’d be happy with just another one time migration to Switch, since I haven’t played in two years after my laptop bit the dust. 

It might be enough to just start with the platinum I have left in my account, but I’m not exactly thrilled about restarting from 0 when I left at MR 21. 

I couldn't care less for crossplay, but at the very least account syncing should be available. I mean, it's a grindy long time game. It's not like a Skyrim new playthrough. Tough in your case it's very likely to happen, the one time only synch at least.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Do you know how much that image makes me happy? And did you know DE (per the Noclip documentary) was one of the first (and few) who actually tried and succeeded in convincing Sony to allow the free to play model on consoles at all? And this time not just DE, but the world has reasons to want it. There's still a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm actually genuinely curious why you like the image, friend!

But yes, it's a hopeful outlook.

As a person who can't always be at his console, this would be a much appreciated change. I don't know the exact workings, thus I cannot say much, but a lot of console players miss out on the grand scale and beauty of the game that some PC's allow, thus allowing us to use our accounts on PC would help so much.

Cross-platforming I don't think constitutes the right idea of what could be done. I think the word that best describes this is universal accounts. DE will probably never have the ability to allow consoles to play with PC, thus I can't play with my buddy on his PC if I'm on PS4, but I see no opposition to allowing a player to use his account on a PC or a console, thus if I'm on my PS4, I can play with my PS4 friends, while when I'm on PC, I can play with my PC friends. Of course the issue is now what happens with update delays? If I have a resource on PC that DE hasn't even put into the PS4 update, what happens to it?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

As a person who can't always be at his console, this would be a much appreciated change. I don't know the exact workings, thus I cannot say much, but a lot of console players miss out on the grand scale and beauty of the game that some PC's allow, thus allowing us to use our accounts on PC would help so much.

Cross-platforming I don't think constitutes the right idea of what could be done. I think the word that best describes this is universal accounts. DE will probably never have the ability to allow consoles to play with PC, thus I can't play with my buddy on his PC if I'm on PS4, but I see no opposition to allowing a player to use his account on a PC or a console, thus if I'm on my PS4, I can play with my PS4 friends, while when I'm on PC, I can play with my PC friends. Of course the issue is now what happens with update delays? If I have a resource on PC that DE hasn't even put into the PS4 update, what happens to it?

There was talk on how to potentially work around that and keep builds synced earlier, there's multiple views on it, so I'll leave it to you to find one you can get behind, and I completely agree, If cross-platform cannot exist, at least Universal Accounts so progress doesn't get lost would be nice.

After a few years, losing all your stuff when you play on a different platform isn't really desirable in any way.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Yes, that above all. Even if crossplay can't come to be, at the very least account synch. I personally also have several times in which I have to spend a whole day away from home, either at the university or working and I get a lot of free time with nothing to do. Plus I'll be out of my home country next year for a few months and I can't take the PS4 with me so being able to play Warframe abroad on the Switch or even my laptop would be a godsend! 

To be clear I doubt it'll be available as soon as next year, as there is much to consider, specially Sony, who is kind of out of DE's control. But even if it is 2 years, even if it is next gen, this should still become reality!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

That is an at-the-moment thing, friend.

It's been that way for a while, it's about time for that to change, not to mention all the push for crossplay would benefit the gaming community greatly.

Warframe just doesn't currently allow the transfer, however, games like Fortnite do have exactly what we're talking about for account linking.

Here's hoping for change.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

That is an at-the-moment thing, friend.

It's been that way for a while, it's about time for that to change, not to mention all the push for crossplay would benefit the gaming community greatly.

Warframe just doesn't currently allow the transfer, however, games like Fortnite do have exactly what we're talking about for account linking.

Here's hoping for change.

main reason for that is sony and sony has made it quite clear they wont change thier policy on that ever and closest they will have to cross play is the remote play using psvita

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

main reason for that is sony and sony has made it quite clear they wont change thier policy on that ever and closest they will have to cross play is the remote play using psvita

Nope, mate. Let me correct that.

Times change. And Sony was the first to want crossplay last gen. Plus there's a world pressure on them to make them allow it, and it's growing more and more. Plus what's being discussed isn't corporate greed or legal stuff, it's whether it's technologically possible or not to do it. It's about what's under DE's control, not other stuff.

Times change. And Sony was the first to want crossplay last gen. Plus there's a world pressure on them to make them allow it, and it's growing more and more. Plus what's being discussed isn't corporate greed or legal stuff, it's whether it's technologically possible or not to do it. It's about what's under DE's control, not other stuff.

Good explanation, thank you.

Thank you, @DogManDan, that works for me!

Switch and Xbox crossplay would be nice, too, as would PC, and then you’d have the half of the gaming populous that doesn’t own a PS4. 

But, my hype thrusters are spooling up! 

And, if you happen to know where Randy Quiad is, please call Interpol! 🙃

Edited by Ser.0

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

yes times change sony allowed it last gen because microtransactions where hardly a big thing.  But now with almost every multiplayer game having atleast minor microtransactions in them.  SOny's policy is basically we arent going to let you play with content on our console that you paid someopne else for because it was off another platform but same account, And we dont want to get blamed for false charges becasue of any weak security in account information being transfered from one platform to another.  Not word for word but the general concept of what they stated

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

yes times change sony allowed it last gen because microtransactions where hardly a big thing.  But now with almost every multiplayer game having atleast minor microtransactions in them.  SOny's policy is basically we arent going to let you play with content on our console that you paid someopne else for because it was off another platform but same account, And we dont want to get blamed for false charges becasue of any weak security in account information being transfered from one platform to another.  Not word for word but the general concept of what they stated

But they can change, yes? EA tried that consumer sucking approach with battlefront and look how it turned. Despite being loyal to Sony, and liking it very much, they're just too high on their horse. In my honest opinion it's not under Sony's control on the long term. They'll have to give in. And if they're a good company they have nothing to fear, as well, for two main reasons:

1. Yes there will be migration from PS4 to other platforms, but don't forget others can go into PS4 as well, balancing it out.
  2. The rest of the world is already doing it. What do you think it'll happen next gen if Sony does not adapt and all others can play several games across PC, XB1 and Switch? If I was Sony I'd consider getting down to earth or prepare for a big financial hit.
Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

But they can change, yes? EA tried that consumer sucking approach with battlefield and look how it turned. Despite being loyal to Sony, and liking it very much, they're just too high on their horse. In my honest opinion it's not under Sony's control on the long term. They'll have to give in. And if they're a good company they have nothing to fear, as well, for two main reasons:

1. Yes there will be migration from PS4 to other platforms, but don't forget others can go into PS4 as well, balancing it out.
  2. The rest of the world is already doing it. What do you think it'll happen next gen if Sony does not adapt and all others can play several games across PC, XB1 and Switch? If I was Sony I'd consider getting down to earth or prepare for a big financial hit.

they can change but wont likely untill it starts hitting them very hard in pocketbook.  while I have xbox1 and do plan on getting switch when can for few of exclusive games there and the mobiity options it provides I still will keep ps4 as my primary system simply because i feel their performance and game selection better for what i enjoy.  that could change when next gen comes out but at this point doubt it 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

hey can change but wont likely untill it starts hitting them very hard in pocketbook.

Yes, indeed. Hence why I'm not worried about the "when", but about the "if". As long as DE can make it happen I can wait years if needed, as long as it's possible at all. If DE says it's possible, and they want to, but Sony is the only obstacle. Then it's just a matter of time before it really happens.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

Phantasy Star Online 2 PC and Vita had a special Type of Crossplay where they had lobby's that connected ps vita and pc only so people could play together. I wonder if they could create access to warframe for switch/pc joined accounts to access only content the switch has while still playing with pc players.(might need place holders for unreleased content, weapons and frames) 

I Love the idea to be able to use my PC account on the go, but I'm not going to sacrifice my PC account for a switch only version.  I was actually going to buy a switch until they said you get locked into switch. Guess I will be getting a Gpd Win 2 or 3 when that comes out. (GPD Win is a Small gaming PC the size of a 3ds XL)

I can see it happening as an account share between xbox, pc, and switch but not PS4. (Thanks sony)

However while i see account sharing between platforms being a thing i don't see crossplay being a thing (specifically between pc and console due to different builds). I can see cross play between switch and xbox, but not any other way.