The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heal gun?

NIkuno

I don't know about a deficated healing gun, in high level missions where heals are important, there are only 2 states : you either have full or near full health, or you're dead. I tried building a fast, heal based sancti magistar and even then it was too unreliable due to their health dwindling faster than i can heal, so i ended up just using bless.

On the other hand, a heal spear might be fun and usable. On an interception and need to heal someone out off renewal/blessing range? Kobe!

12 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

It was just an example of lots of already present healing/tanking abilities for a single frame.

I would not oppose a gun capable of healing an ally, sucking shields away from enemies and distributing it to allies. It would just be very different from anything we already have. Which can be good, or theme-breaking. Effects like that are currently reserved to warframe abilities and pizzas. 

You are not wrong, it would be a very niche weapon. I don't really see how it would be theme break as long as it is done right, though. Wouldn't it be great to hash out those ideas here?

8 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

I wouldn't mind a healing Amp to be honest.

Ooh. Now there is an idea. Let Umbra go do his thing while we heal the team? I like it.

7 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I don't know about a deficated healing gun, in high level missions where heals are important, there are only 2 states : you either have full or near full health, or you're dead. I tried building a fast, heal based sancti magistar and even then it was too unreliable due to their health dwindling faster than i can heal, so i ended up just using bless.

On the other hand, a heal spear might be fun and usable. On an interception and need to heal someone out off renewal/blessing range? Kobe!

Good to know that I am not the only one to find the Sancti Magistar lacking. 

Exactly! I would really like to see more spearguns, and this would work pretty well as one, I would think.

7 hours ago, JDxBarracka said:

All you need to do is get the arcane that heals your warframe when you are in operator mode for your low hp warframes

As I have mentioned before, it is about being able to heal both yourself AND teammates. Otherwise, it is just the same as the concept you mentioned.

I imagine The Corpus would make something like a healing gun. best example I can think of are the Field Medic's HMTech weapons from Killing Floor 2. primary fire is standard bullets, alt fire throws out tracking healing darts that heal nearby allies and poison enemies if they are hit inadvertently. these guns are great at healing, even with the fast paced horde combat.

I say Corpus because this would be a more advanced weapon, and the Grineer don't particularly care about keeping their disposable clone soldiers alive for longer than necessary. it could be a Tenno or Infested weapon if desired though.

37 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Basically I want a mod like Life Strike on Primary and Secondary. Of course they gonna make it situational or having a huge drawback. I really like Moxxi's weapons when I was playing Borderlands 2.

I would reckon that the drawback is losing a damage mod at that point. It has been ages since I have seen a vault...

29 minutes ago, _Urakaze_ said:

I think an arc style heal beam(that operator amp one) would be good, just aim at your target and the beam will follow the target untill target is out of LoS or out of range

That's right. I forget that that exists. So they can already chain it, just gotta make it so it goes to allies instead of enemies.

26 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

All this talking about a gun that heals... It smells like winds of purity

Been there, done that. The Furis is awful. And I will say it again: yourself AND teammates.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I say Corpus because this would be a more advanced weapon, and the Grineer don't particularly care about keeping their disposable clone soldiers alive for longer than necessary. it could be a Tenno or Infested weapon if desired though.

I mentioned infested more because of the healer eximus units and that there is no infested speargun (yet). I really want to see more of those. haha.

2 minutes ago, NIkuno said:

I would reckon that the drawback is losing a damage mod at that point. It has been ages since I have seen a vault...

That's right. I forget that that exists. So they can already chain it, just gotta make it so it goes to allies instead of enemies.

Been there, done that. The Furis is awful. And I will say it again: yourself AND teammates.

I mentioned infested more because of the healer eximus units and that there is no infested speargun (yet). I really want to see more of those. haha.

Sooooooooooooo trinity and Oberon.. The main healing frames... I assume we should put them in the same corner with Nyx then if that gun ever got made 

10 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Sooooooooooooo trinity and Oberon.. The main healing frames... I assume we should put them in the same corner with Nyx then if that gun ever got made 

You are not really getting the concept, are you?

Blessing: heals, restores shields, and gives damage reduction over a wide range.

Renew: applies a heal-over-time to allies within range, and gives armor when combined with Hallowed Ground (which also clears and prevents status effects).

These help the team in a huge way.

Then you have the various weapons that provide lifesteal that benefit yourself.

Then you have the Sancti Magistar and Vaazarin School as the only other options to heal your team when not playing with those healers. Already covered the Magistar and I will actively use Protective Dash to heal others when I don't play Trin or Obe. While not perfect, this is the best option, currently.

I can equip Nyx with the Magistar and sort of heal. I can transfer and dash with Nyx. I can even Mind Control an eximus unit and use that to buff my team as Nyx. Nyx will never be a healer, and this concept would not replace Trin or Obe. It would be an additional tool for players to help their teammates if they choose to do so.

Trust me when I say I have tried a lot of things to play a support role. I understand it is not something that everyone does, and I would like for you to understand that there are those like me who enjoy playing like this.

You do know that Trinity's 1st ability also heals right.. But your not getting the picture Nyx's main used ability that was basically what made Nyx, Nyx was her mass chaos.. Hello Loki with radial augment, hello Perrin with their syndicate proc.. Nyx went from a. Commonly scene frame to being a rare pokemon only seen once a blue moon in the wild you won't need to use support frames ever again if your damage dealer can mass heal and damage at the same time.. All you need is the rage mod and your set on both health and energy.. 

2 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

You do know that Trinity's 1st ability also heals right.. But your not getting the picture Nyx's main used ability that was basically what made Nyx, Nyx was her mass chaos.. Hello Loki with radial augment, hello Perrin with their syndicate proc.. Nyx went from a. Commonly scene frame to being a rare pokemon only seen once a blue moon in the wild you won't need to use support frames ever again if your damage dealer can mass heal and damage at the same time.. All you need is the rage mod and your set on both health and energy.. 

I do know that Well of Life will CC and give a lifesteal bonus to those who damage it. Tell me then, how often did you see this before the Twitch Prime drop? For that matter, how often do you see Protective Dash? The Sancti Magistar? Do those overshadow the healers? I would say no based on their use alone. I am not asking for something overpowered, I am asking for more options. There will be a time when I work on the other Schools and I will lose all of my healing ability unless I play those particular frames.

And you are right, Nyx gets overshadowed quite a bit, but that is not the point. But if you insist: Nyx's issue, in my opinion, as one person mentioned earlier, a one of "pace". Very few frames can lock down for such a duration like she can. That loses its usefulness when everything gets melted in seconds. Why the other options are more popular would probably be because of the combined effects. Disarm AND radiation proc. Weapon damage, radial damage, some stat bonus, AND radiation proc. It is a matter of efficiency at that point. Why bother with a 30 second debuff when the mobs only live for 10?

And yes, I will use both Hunter's Adrenaline and Rage with my Oberon build, along with the Decaying Dragon Key. Over 100 HPS and over 400 bonus armor. The thing is, I don't play Oberon 100% of the time.

What else you got?

13 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

I don't need anything else you basically just summed up why DE won't do it 🙂

Unfortunately, you are probably right. The idea was to give the concept some exposure and go from there. Got both positive and negative feedback, which is good, because it did bring up the drawbacks of such an idea. I can hope that they would read this and get some ideas, but alas, this is one thread of many. With a game full of options, what is one more, right?