Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

31 minutes ago, nelcab507 said:

Can you extend the time for 7 more days?? so people, like me, that after watch the tecnno 2018 got interested again and download the game...again.  This is my case, just finished the download a few minutes ago 😞  I'm also a twitch prime customer.

Best regards,

6 minutes ago, tainguyen1238 said:

Please try finding another solution for those who have watched the stream but didn't get to log in the past week because of problems like a broken pc/laptop, exams, etc. I plan on maining Ash but apparently Ash Prime is vaulted so I have been waiting for this day a long time but how cruel my laptop is broken and I couldn't log into the game, but luckily I have my iPad with me and still watched the stream, eventually have to wake up at 5 AM. I believe in Warframe's reliable developers, please don't fail me and anyone who came across the same problems.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's had this worry too - literally having to do a fresh install of everything as this is the first time I've downloaded it in like well over a year or so now, the game was lost to a hard drive crash ages back, and I've never had much incentive to get it to redownload given how long it takes on this snail internet. I watched through around 90% of the stream barring the first 10 minutes, i'm downloading the game again as fast as I can to have something else to play with friends, so it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if people like us don't get Ash Prime cause of our inability to log into the game or download it fast.

I was on vacation, so I didn't log in for 7 days prior on PC (where I play), however I logged into the mobile app in that time. Will I still get the drop? I watched the stream as well, but haven't gotten to log into my main platform yet to check if I got it (mobile app isn't showing i did)

13 hours ago, (PS4)devotedPT said:

So, I think I haven't been in-game for about two weeks or so, but I did watch the stream and my account's linked.... if Ash doesn't pop up on my account in the meantime I guess I'm out of luck? I understand the constraints on your end, of course, and it's a nice solution, but... 😞

If you boughts the Tennocon Digital Ticket,maybe you can contact customer support and suggest that as an alternative on who to send Ash to.  Just a thought

I was out of the country for about a week and when i saw this free prime i thought this was gonna be my first prime, I thought i was really lucky since ive been using Ash on my missions 80% of the time. I was a beta player and stopped at update 13 then came back a few months ago. I watched the whole stream hoping for a prime, but yea S#&$ happens. 

Best of luck on your next event. 

Wow, thanks DE. Wanted to watch the stream but sadly had to leave for some minor emergency at work. "Oh well, I already got AshP, just losing out on the slot, no big deal"... and then I came back, logged on to WF and was properly confused. I seriously appreciate that you did right by the players who DID watch it, even if it meant giving out quite a few Ash's too many.

And what a way to take a minor mistake, which could've still generated some internet drama, and turn it into just all-around great PR. Whoever thought of this solution at DE better get some extra scoops of ice cream during the next company party.

Edited by TimFlint
forgotsomepunctuation

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

Script is in progress and should be done within 2-6 hours on all platforms!

SCRIPT IS DONE! 

i did not get crap

Ha, I guess "Missing' this is on me. I watched the majority of Tennocon content, and patched up Warframe during that time. However, the only time I tried to log in was when the servers were bursting due to the amount of people logging in.

So no Ash prime here. 😞

Edit: to be clear, I think DE has gone above and beyond what is needed. If I can't get it, it sucks, but I understand.

Edited by Silver-Streak

Idea:

Take the usernames from the archived Twitch Viewer Log.

Cross-reference them with the usernames of the twitch accounts paired with Warframe accounts.

Only distribute the frame to the people who match both.

OR
Just don't use Twitch Drops, they're VERY unreliable, for the 2nd year in a row now.

I'm sorry to bother you guys bc this is super petty but I did watch tenno live on twitch and I didn't get my ash prime. Ik my drop should have succeeded but for some reason it didn't happen. I'm so sorry to make an issue of this because you guys are so great to us but I was really counting on that ash prime. 😢😢😢😢😢

Edited by (PS4)Mystic529