Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

player stalkers.

(PSN)teacup775

Yes please with his full attack suite and consider other enemy types players could control. Make the challenge for player controlling enemy types (they have no overwhelming attack) and voluntary for potential targets.

Transference is a thing is warframe. Time to use that Void devilry for some mischief.

The Stalker gameplay popped up last Tennocon and I had some ideas for how it could be introduced.

-First of all, I would call it Stalker Override as you literally mindjack Stalker and effectively help him beat up some poor, oblivious Tenno skoom.

-Secondly, his powers should be randomized every mission from a limited selection of Warframes, and instead of having energy, his powers would have cooldowns.

-Thirdly, would like a Shadow Stalker loadout to be available.

-Fourthly, and most importantly, a toggle button to turn off this kind of 'Public Conclave' for those who'd rather not deal with a Tenno-supported Stalker.

-Fifthly-and-finally, a short quest in the vein of The Sacrifice to introduce this mode.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Koldraxon-732:

-Fourthly, and most importantly, a toggle button to turn off this kind of 'Public Conclave' for those who'd rather not deal with a Tenno-supported Stalker.

First of all, if anything it should be a toggle ON in a PvE game, and with that comes the second point: so few ppl play conclave even fewer like conclave and you want to promote pvp with our broken equipments and abilities? there's no way to make that work, if the stalker supposed to be defeatable by a MR let's say 5 player, another player with formaed meta weapons will always oneshot the stalker no matter who controls it. Mag will do that as soon as the guy spawns, like she does with regualr stalker (bubbles ftw 😉 ). You can't balance that without nonesensical restrictions. And even if you could, why waste so much effort on a minigame hardly anymore will opt in for. I'd rather have the devs spend their time on the parts of the game that actually matter and not have another toy nobody ever looks at.

11 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

First of all, if anything it should be a toggle ON

'Public Conclave' would be toggled off by default, but don't forget that DE still hasn't set 'labels on items in inventory' to 'on' by default (yet).

As for balancing, Conclave balancing would be employed when a Tenno attacks another Tenno (meaning all elemental/damage/proc mods do not affect other Tenno who aren't on your side), and the damage taken would be essentially the same as in Conclave, but multiplied by a percentage that makes the time-to-kill the same as Conclave's.

And yes, Conclave could do with a reset for it's balancing and mobility, firstly starting with a server browser, then the rebalancing/fixes, and then K-drive/Archwing racing (which would be great for those who don't want to PVP, but want the standing for the cosmetics and things it offers), followed by a Star Wars Battlefront inspired mode using Railships.

Also, Archwing is one of those 'toys that nobody ever looks at' due to how little it is used, but RailJack will change that for better and worse.

Not to mention that it seems like Stalker's weapons' damage scales with enemy levels and player stats, though DE has been rather hush on that despite Dread often oneshotting anyone.

18 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

why waste so much effort on a minigame hardly anymore will opt in for. I'd rather have the devs spend their time on the parts of the game that actually matter and not have another toy nobody ever looks at.

The playable stalker mode has already been developed by the devs, so resources spent there will be a waste unless/until it's released to the public.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ----Legacy----:

The playable stalker mode has already been developed by the devs, so resources spent there will be a waste unless/until it's released to the public. 

I'm really not sure if you can call that fully developped for mass use what they have shown last year. It was never designed to be any more than some comic relieve at that point, no balancing in mind and I'm also not sure how it impacts game stability.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Koldraxon-732:

As for balancing, Conclave balancing would be employed when a Tenno attacks another Tenno (meaning all elemental/damage/proc mods do not affect other Tenno who aren't on your side), and the damage taken would be essentially the same as in Conclave, but multiplied by a percentage that makes the time-to-kill the same as Conclave's.

sure you could work on how the stalker is affected by weapons, powers are a completly different thing though, those work fundamentally different in conclave and I don't think you could make that work without disabeling powers entirely. But hell, if it really has to come, just treat him like an enemy warframe, everything goes. At least it would be funny to see all those wanna-be stalkers get one-shotted before they can move just like the original stalker.

I really don't want to sound overly negative or dismissive, it's just that we get more and more gamemodes and systems that are so riddled with flaws that they are simply not enjoyable. And in my opinion, improving on what we have got is absolutly necessary to provide ppl with stuff to do besides farming parts in missions they don't enjoy anymore.

31 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

This gives me a very Dark Souls invading vibe....I like it! But only if it can be toggled as mentioned. I don't want countless stalker invades while I'm trying to farm or something. But would be cool to see!

It should be limited to one Stalker per mission like now. 

The main point is the Stalker player must be at some disadvantage (4 v 1) is a start but some counter to warframe abilities needs to exist.

The mode should have some reward for the turncoat.

Also it could be abused where somebody is simply a pushover to let Stalker get farmed. So dying to Tenno should be penalized with a cool down.

it might need to be an event. Perhaps by using a non consumable beacon similar to Baro’s goods. All in party needs one for it to work and there may be no spawn depending on availability.

For more fun, perhaps Stalker can kill the whole party.

Playable stalker is just something the Dev's made for special events and streams, it's similar to how Firefall had the Devs being able to log in as the enemy AI faction and take control of the bosses to fight players.

This is just something that was cooked up last year and this year tested on a broader scale, if it was opened to the public a player could cause some havoc on new players and ruin the experience of warframe for them.

Please keep in mind that warframes abilities were created for NPC's PVE and not PVP use, while we think it would be a great idea it also has to be balanced heavily.

Maybe in conclave you can have a random event where tenno become the stalker and fight (similar to juggernaut game modes) but outside, it just doesn't feel right being able to control someone who has soul purpose of just stopping the tenno.

More importantly, if Player Stalker invades a tenno mission ie: Defense, Rescue, Defection, They could troll the players to the point of leaving the game (Stalker does have some stealth abilities let alone weapons capable of one shot friendly objectives.).

Food for thought, if you were to play the game first hand and be in wonder and awe then suddenly every time you were playing a mission just after defeating the first boss on mercury, being invaded by a Stalker continually that would jump around with the skills of a veteran player, would you be able to defeat him easily and be hyped? or would you be frustrated and quit the game and never look back?

11 hours ago, W3zeer said:

I'm really not sure if you can call that fully developped for mass use what they have shown last year.

The assets are already there since the player stalker invaded random parties from public matchmaking.

It was never designed to be any more than some comic relieve at that point, no balancing in mind and I'm also not sure how it impacts game stability.

Care to back up the claims of it being nothing but a comic relief? 

About the balance, I'm sure DE will find a way to make the stalker player be able to survive long enough to not frustrate the user without making it nearly invincible, and the same applies to make the invaded squad able to be beaten by the stalker.

sure you could work on how the stalker is affected by weapons, powers are a completly different thing though, those work fundamentally different in conclave and I don't think you could make that work without disabeling powers entirely.

Powers in conclave are practically the same as in PvE with a few tweaks to make them more fair (mainly the ability to make them able to miss, reduction lr straight removal of softlocks, etc)

I really don't want to sound overly negative or dismissive, it's just that we get more and more gamemodes and systems that are so riddled with flaws that they are simply not enjoyable. And in my opinion, improving on what we have got is absolutly necessary to provide ppl with stuff to do besides farming parts in missions they don't enjoy anymore.

I agree with this point but with a different view: PvE becomes stall quite quickly when the AI isn't good, spicing things up with the possibility of randomly being invaded by other players  (as long as you have some setting allowing you to accept these invasions or a system where invading a squad makes you eligible to be invaded for your next X missions regardless of how your invasion goes) could increase the replayability of PvE without much effort since the mode seems to be already playable, whereas in the current pve we're basically in a sandbox game where the main challenge is creating our own ways to have fun.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb ----Legacy----:

Care to back up the claims of it being nothing but a comic relief? 

It was never introduced as a feature for everyone and only got considered of being implemented into the game after lots of players gave feedback of wanting that. You can interpret that otherwise if you want, but that's what it looked like to me.

About the balance, I'm sure DE will find a way to make the stalker player be able to survive long enough to not frustrate the user without making it nearly invincible, and the same applies to make the invaded squad able to be beaten by the stalker.

That's one of the points I absolutley have to disagree. I'm sorry, but DE has never done a good job at finding a balance between frustrating restrictions and oneshots. Every boss in the game tells that story. It's not even something I can be mad about at this point, our weapons and abilities just differ to widley in power it's impossible right now to balance the game otherwise. And while that's okayish in PvE, in PvP, where ppl will find the best way to exploit any weakness in the system it can not work without killing the fun for one side.

Powers in conclave are practically the same as in PvE with a few tweaks to make them more fair (mainly the ability to make them able to miss, reduction lr straight removal of softlocks, etc)

The keyword is practically ;). A little change in range can make a huge difference f.e. And I'm not even starting about the difference in energy reserves. How would you handle Valkyr's Hysteria in a regular mission with the stalker? Would she only be invulnerable against everything but the stalker? How would you counter an Atlas Landslide spam that is perfectly viable via NPC-Stalker but would ruin the experience for a player-Stalker? And then weapons in conclave behave differently than in regular missions, most prominently the have far less ammo. Try dodging a Supra Vandal in the narrow maps most missions are in. Or any spin-to-win weapons. There are dozens of those little questions that would have to be answered, which is why I fear that this would turn out to be a huge investment into something hardly anyone would ever play. Unless they put extremly good rewards behind it. In which case, the mode would simply be farmed and the gameplay wouldn't matter anyways.

Could you make it work? Yes of course, all of these problems can be solved, but I'd be seriously questioning the Devs reasoning on this if they decided to implement this before they improve some of the stuff they've already put into the game and left there to collect dust.

52 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

That's one of the points I absolutley have to disagree. I'm sorry, but DE has never done a good job at finding a balance between frustrating restrictions and oneshots. Every boss in the game tells that story. It's not even something I can be mad about at this point, our weapons and abilities just differ to widley in power it's impossible right now to balance the game otherwise. And while that's okayish in PvE, in PvP, where ppl will find the best way to exploit any weakness in the system it can not work without killing the fun for one side.

And that was why Conclave with Ember's using world on Fire was INSANELY overpowered when Conclave first came out.

First things first though, let Digital Extreme work on the main Core mechanics and story of the game before they work on something that tears the lore apart (Stalker controlled players etc).

Splitting their concentration is never a good thing when it comes to a game that was built on the idea of PVE and not PVP.