Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfinished feeling

I.Loki.I

Hello fellow Tenno, good day

I have a feeling about the game that I would like to share with you, it's like  the game is evolving in some ways and leaving behind the old stuff, I will list here what makes me feel this way (note: I love the game, i'm not disapointed but it's a way to improove)

1 - The Lander/Orbiter interior: Ok, first I will show the incoherence in the WF site and in-game codex: (https://www.warframe.com/game/quickstart)  < Here you will find content about the Liset, listed as being your base, but in codex says it's your Orbiter that have it's function and Liset is your lander, (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orbiter) , ok, it's not clear for me wich one is our base, and if the answer is Liset (What makes more sense for me) we come to point #1: Why did they launched 3 other ships and the interiors looks the same if all 3 have diferent designs and shapes? Wasn't Orbiter one excuse?

2 - Yet about the ship: Recently one more room have been unlocked, a place with aquarium and etc, and look at it's walls, so clear, so smooth, allowing us to put frames on it, handwrites form the Nidus quest, fishing trophies and etc, but, just when you leave the room, you find a ship that still in a mess, fallen wires, walls with no plates, infested stuff in the corridor etc. So the point #2 is: We have one ship that have a brand new room while the the rest of it looks old and with lacking of manutention.

3 - Earth maps are not optimized, while new Cetus is good, sometimes, a few player friends says that Earth is horible to play because of the lag that they dont find even in Cetus

4 - Cetus: We all heard about New Fortuna, ok, it' will be a nice place, a diferent map and etc., but look at Cetus: 3 Eidolons, 2 Warframes (With the adition of Vlad), some quests, miner, fisherman, zaw blacksmith, hunter, mask Seller, Quill, ok. The point is: Cetus stays the way it is. We have a lot to see from the potencial of this map and my toughs are that it will be abandoned after New Fortuna release, for example: We could have quests within that tower, more masks, more fishs, more kavats and kubrow species from Cetus, more decorations, more NPC conversations, but, judging from whats De is making it leave me with doubts.

There is some players that dont care about it, I personaly just relate what I see, it's a shame but nothing that ruins our experience, but would be great if they look at it with care, the game would be more realistic, complete and coherent.

Ty 

I have the same feeling. Cetus and PoE is alot of wasted potential. Wish we could just get little things over the time added. New vehicles, bounties, enemies, activities. Its gets really repetetive. Ships should have more free customization and some activies you can do there too. Mini games, somewhere to sit, garden in helminths room. You could collect plants in missions or PoE and take care of them on your ship. Maybe even NPCs for your ship, so it doesnt feel so lonely. Ordis could make some simple body and walk around, take care of stuff. There is alot of empty space in the ship, especially in operator room.

Edited by foterCZ

23 minutes ago, I.Loki.I said:

The point is: Cetus stays the way it is. We have a lot to see from the potencial of this map and my toughs are that it will be abandoned after New Fortuna release

1 minute ago, foterCZ said:

I have the same feeling. Cetus and PoE is alot of wasted potential. Wish we could just get little things over the time added.

A little heads up; from an interview with DE after the Tennocon announcements they have said that 'all quality of life improvements, such as the new hoverboards, will be added in to Cetus and the Plains as we go'.

They have not forgotten the Plains, and these will still be the go-to location for the things that it has (Eidolons are still going to be Eidolons and their drops are not going to stop being important, etc.).

Fortuna offers a lot of new things, yeah, and new things means maintaining those new things, and often this equates to leaving the old things as they are. But if there's one thing that DE do over time, and whenever they have the opportunity, it's to build on, or change up, the old things.

From the UI, to the Warframes themselves, right through to how the base damage system in the game functions. Things are always updated.

1 hour ago, I.Loki.I said:

1 - The Lander/Orbiter interior: Ok, first I will show the incoherence in the WF site and in-game codex: (https://www.warframe.com/game/quickstart)  < Here you will find content about the Liset, listed as being your base, but in codex says it's your Orbiter that have it's function and Liset is your lander, (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orbiter) , ok, it's not clear for me wich one is our base, and if the answer is Liset (What makes more sense for me) we come to point #1: Why did they launched 3 other ships and the interiors looks the same if all 3 have diferent designs and shapes? Wasn't Orbiter one excuse?

Spoiler

This is your Liset/Landing Craft landing on the Orbiter:
bkKCPlF.gif

And this is your Orbiter which you can see a Liset attached to the front:
latest?cb=20160716011357

2 - Yet about the ship: Recently one more room have been unlocked, a place with aquarium and etc, and look at it's walls, so clear, so smooth, allowing us to put frames on it, handwrites form the Nidus quest, fishing trophies and etc, but, just when you leave the room, you find a ship that still in a mess, fallen wires, walls with no plates, infested stuff in the corridor etc. So the point #2 is: We have one ship that have a brand new room while the the rest of it looks old and with lacking of manutention.

The Orbiter inhabited for centuries until we met Ordis and he took us there. Probably the Last owner didnt have time to put everything in place and one of the rooms had the Helminth growing within it. The personal quarters was used by Ordis for some time as storage for his own belongings which he dumped out the Airlock to empty for us.

3 - Earth maps are not optimized, while new Cetus is good, sometimes, a few player friends says that Earth is horible to play because of the lag that they dont find even in Cetus

Earth tile sets lag because there is alot of shadow and atmospheric effects. Since the Plains is an open place, there is very little shadow casting.

2 hours ago, I.Loki.I said:

4 - Cetus: We all heard about New Fortuna, ok, it' will be a nice place, a diferent map and etc., but look at Cetus: 3 Eidolons, 2 Warframes (With the adition of Vlad), some quests, miner, fisherman, zaw blacksmith, hunter, mask Seller, Quill, ok. The point is: Cetus stays the way it is. We have a lot to see from the potencial of this map and my toughs are that it will be abandoned after New Fortuna release, for example: We could have quests within that tower, more masks, more fishs, more kavats and kubrow species from Cetus, more decorations, more NPC conversations, but, judging from whats De is making it leave me with doubts.

Cetus/Plains are an experiment for greater things, thats why Fortuna is expected to be much bigger and complex than it. Yes, there is still much potential to Cetus and Plains maps, things that we will probably come back to in the future.

That tower, Unum as the Ostrons call it has alot of lore tied to it regarding the Old War on the sentients so its very possible we will be visiting it again with the New War quest line.

4 hours ago, I.Loki.I said:

Cetus stays the way it is.

Based on what? They've said they are going to look at taking what they've done in Fortuna and backporting it to Cetus. It only stays the way it is if you totally ignore what the devs are saying and have done in the past.

We could have quests within that tower

Such an obvious story hook for the future and that they didn't immediately do something with it means what, exactly? Archwings were mentioned in Mag Prime's story snippet. They weren't added to the game for over a year.

the game is evolving in some ways and leaving behind the old stuff

They aren't leaving anything behind.

Il y a 5 heures, peterc3 a dit :

They aren't leaving anything behind.

Has I said, look at the orbiter, the archwings, I personaly don't think it's true, this dont makes the game bad, this criticism isn't to make people sad with the game, Warframe is great, but the described feeling is clear for me, maybe in a near future DE looks to this post and decide to do something about it, maybe not, but it would be great.