Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes Farming without Lua

(PSN)Pyro117

Question

I have researched the best ways to farm, but I currently do not have access to Lua - and can't get there because I can't complete the scanning of the drones for Natah (that is a whole other issue).

The Wiki says the following:

Gathering Tips

These are based on opinions and may not be true. These should be viewed as advice unless proven undoubtedly true. Check comments for confirmation. Results may vary. Please note each of the tips below is a subjective average, and may not necessarily represent your experiences.

• Plato (Lua) guarantees a spawn of Sentients within the first couple of minutes. This is the most effective way of farming Neurodes, but bring a party, as Sentients do prove difficult.
  • Orokin Derelict Assassinations (Lephantis) are one of the easiest ways to acquire Neurodes (1-2 average every run), although Derelict Assassination Keys can only be created once every hour. These special derelict keys also require Lephantis Nav Coordinates, which can only be acquired through other Orokin Derelict Missions.
  • Newer players might find it helpful to search missions in Earth for Neuroptic Masses, the resource container for Neurodes. The chance for enemies to drop Neurodes is very low, making it worth spending time to search for the containers instead.
  • Sentient fighters spawning on Lua have a relatively high chance of dropping Neurodes (can be accessed upon completing The Second Dream quest).
  • A widely held misconception among players is that Neurodes are easy to acquire on Orokin DerelictDefense Missions. Not only can this be difficult for some players, but it averages 1 Neurodes every 30 waves. (tested with a Nekros performing Desecrate, may need further testing to confirm).
  • Another misconception is Orokin Derelict Survival, which does yield more than the defense mission. However it is about 3-4 Neurodes for every 30 minutes, assuming that you have a Nekros performing Desecrate.
  • Eris survivals and defense (including Dark Sectors) do NOT yield many Neurodes, about 1 for every 20 minutes/waves.

On another post, someone talked about farming on Earth.  Can someone explain how that is done?  I have run a lot of bounties and I do not get neurodes.

15 answers to this question

Dude, don't worry about it. Just check the starmap, go to a planet that drops neurodes, run normal missions, you'll get neurodes. Take the easiest planet with neurodes that you have, run survival or excavation there, you'll get what you need.

Your question tells me one thing, don't take it the wrong way, but you just did not play the game enough yet. By the time you do Natah, you're supposed to be drowning in neurodes and other stuff like this. Make sure you completed all the nodes on all planets (missions still highlighted in blue), take your time with the game. Faster than you think, you'll get to a point where you won't even give a f about neurodes, with how many you'll have.

PS : I've never heard of neurode farming from sentient, this may be a very guaranteed loot, but that'd be a stupidly painfull farm for just a few neurodes...

Edited by Fallen77

I got plenty from akkad some time ago. You gotta stay for 15 or 20 though. I run Xini for relics, and get them there too. I usually just play with with despoil nekros

Edited by Kebast

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

Dude, don't worry about it. Just check the starmap, go to a planet that drops neurodes, run normal missions, you'll get neurodes. Take the easiest planet with neurodes that you have, run survival or excavation there, you'll get what you need.

Your question tells me one thing, don't take it the wrong way, but you just did not play the game enough yet. By the time you do Natah, you're supposed to be drowning in neurodes and other stuff like this. Make sure you completed all the nodes on all planets (missions still highlighted in blue), take your time with the game. Faster than you think, you'll get to a point where you won't even give a f about neurodes, with how many you'll have.

PS : I've never heard of neurode farming from sentient, this may be a very guaranteed loot, but that'd be a stupidly painfull farm for just a few neurodes...

Actually, I have over 600 hours in Warframe.  I was part of the original warframe crew and just recently came back (a week ago).  A lot has changed since the early days and learning the best place to farm was really important back then. The terminology and all the frames have changed as well.  Nekros desecrate is toggle?  That is amazing now.  Ember world on fire - toggle, yes thank you...  Plus terms like despoll dekros means what?  Riven cards are new, primed mods are new.   So much has changed in the years since I last played.

I also try to do research on the wiki, search the forums before I ask questions and this one confused me.  I figured what is the harm in asking....

il y a 23 minutes, (PS4)Pyro117 a dit :

Actually, I have over 600 hours in Warframe.  I was part of the original warframe crew and just recently came back (a week ago).  A lot has changed since the early days and learning the best place to farm was really important back then. The terminology and all the frames have changed as well.  Nekros desecrate is toggle?  That is amazing now.  Ember world on fire - toggle, yes thank you...  Plus terms like despoll dekros means what?  Riven cards are new, primed mods are new.   So much has changed in the years since I last played.

I also try to do research on the wiki, search the forums before I ask questions and this one confused me.  I figured what is the harm in asking....

Oh, well then, play about any mission on a corresponding planet in that case, dark sector defense with a nekros, have a good farm tenno !

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Oh, well then, play about any mission on a corresponding planet in that case, dark sector defense with a nekros, have a good farm tenno !

Thank you for your assistance and information.  Good luck in your farming/grinding as well.

I don't know if they were a thing back in the beginning of the game, but now there are Mods for Warframes that modify how the appropriate frame's abilities work. These are referred to as Augment Mods. The Augment Mod for Desecrate is called Despoil. A Despoil Nekros, then, is simply a Nekros build that uses the Despoil Augment Mod. As for what that actually means, Despoil causes Desecrate to consume 10 Health instead of 10 Energy every time it consumes a corpse.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Pyro117:

widely held misconception among players is that Neurodes are easy to acquire on Orokin DerelictDefense Missions. Not only can this be difficult for some players, but it averages 1 Neurodes every 30 waves. (tested with a Nekros performing Desecrate, may need further testing to confirm).

If you do it solo there is only the occasional neurode but in a team you will get a few. I normally do 20 waves of ODD and ask for players in recuitment chat. The great thing about ODD is that you will also get 1-3 Orokin Cells, some mutagen samples, relics or an Alad V nav coordinate as rotation rewards. 

21 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

I don't know if they were a thing back in the beginning of the game, but now there are Mods for Warframes that modify how the appropriate frame's abilities work. These are referred to as Augment Mods. The Augment Mod for Desecrate is called Despoil. A Despoil Nekros, then, is simply a Nekros build that uses the Despoil Augment Mod. As for what that actually means, Despoil causes Desecrate to consume 10 Health instead of 10 Energy every time it consumes a corpse.

No such thing as augment mods back in my day.  Nekros did auto cast desecrate like it does today.  You had to stop and cast it when you had enough bodies around. 

Ember's world on fire was also timer based and you had to recast it every time the timer ran out (you couldn't stop it if you no longer needed it).

Thanks for enlightening me on despoil.  I don't know why I would want that though.  I have the equilibrium card and I get 40% power from health drops (or health from power drops).  I got it during the event that originally dropped it.

18 hours ago, k05h said:

If you do it solo there is only the occasional neurode but in a team you will get a few. I normally do 20 waves of ODD and ask for players in recuitment chat. The great thing about ODD is that you will also get 1-3 Orokin Cells, some mutagen samples, relics or an Alad V nav coordinate as rotation rewards. 

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when I farm for them again.  I got a few that allowed me to build what I needed so right now I am good.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Pyro117 said:

Thanks for enlightening me on despoil.  I don't know why I would want that though.

Desecrate has roughly a 75% chance to produce a Health Orb when it consumes a corpse. This means that Nekros has a much easier time getting his health up than most other frames. In addition, with the Equilibrium mod, picking up Health Orbs also gives him Energy, which he uses to keep his Shadows of the Dead up. With another Augment mod, Shield of Shadows, as long as he's in range of his Shadows, the damage he takes is spread among his Shadows. Casting his Shadows as needed consumes Energy, which allows him to pick up Energy Orbs, which give him Health back. It creates a loop where every orb that drops restores his Health, and also gives him very high damage mitigation. Plus, Health Orbs power Health Conversion, which increases his Armor when he picks up a Health Orb, making him even tankier.

On 2018-07-13 at 1:26 AM, Fallen77 said:

It's from the days when the vengeful revenant mod was added to the game and was worth a ton of plat because of how hard it was to farm for. This was when Second Dream came out so War great sword was introduced, ppl wanted the stance for it etc.

The farming group was Trinity to stay alive, Atlas with petrifying ore gaze augment to increase drop chance, then Hydroid pilfering swarm and Nekros desecrate. About 7-8 sentients spawn in, do the thing and about 16 neurodes would drop and hopefully vengeful revenant lol. Rinse and repeat.

On 2018-07-13 at 10:53 PM, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

Desecrate has roughly a 75% chance to produce a Health Orb when it consumes a corpse. This means that Nekros has a much easier time getting his health up than most other frames. In addition, with the Equilibrium mod, picking up Health Orbs also gives him Energy, which he uses to keep his Shadows of the Dead up. With another Augment mod, Shield of Shadows, as long as he's in range of his Shadows, the damage he takes is spread among his Shadows. Casting his Shadows as needed consumes Energy, which allows him to pick up Energy Orbs, which give him Health back. It creates a loop where every orb that drops restores his Health, and also gives him very high damage mitigation. Plus, Health Orbs power Health Conversion, which increases his Armor when he picks up a Health Orb, making him even tankier.

Wow, okay.  There really are a lot of changes I have to learn.  Thanks!

On 2018-07-12 at 9:30 AM, (PS4)Pyro117 said:

-snip-

First, welcome back. I highly recommend reading up on wikia for all the changes that come since you last played. The wikia actually gives you the version history with a breakdown of each part and what was changed. That and there is a pinned topic in this subforum that explains quite a bit (though it's missing U22/23). 

As for your farm, honestly, Plains. Seriously. If you're not wanting to farm in Akkad, I HIGHLY recommend Plains (doing bounties). They drop like crazy there (or in my experience they do). Hope that helps.

21 hours ago, Zyneris said:

First, welcome back. I highly recommend reading up on wikia for all the changes that come since you last played. The wikia actually gives you the version history with a breakdown of each part and what was changed. That and there is a pinned topic in this subforum that explains quite a bit (though it's missing U22/23). 

As for your farm, honestly, Plains. Seriously. If you're not wanting to farm in Akkad, I HIGHLY recommend Plains (doing bounties). They drop like crazy there (or in my experience they do). Hope that helps.

I have been reading and looking around but I also want to just naturally figure some things out as well - part of the fun for me.

I don't have the luck you guys have on the bounties with Neurodes.  I raise my level with Kanzo via bounties only and neurodes are a rare thing for me to find.  I have been able to find enough to keep moving forward (I also do the distilling extractors as well and gotten a few that way).