Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exhalted Blade Capacity (Could it be 70 again?)

Preys_Nitely

When exhalted blade was given its own, independent loadout options, it decreased the loadout capacity by 10 (from 70 to 60).  In order to give the loadouts the freedom to be different, it really needs the old 70.  I'm sure I'm not the only person that has mentioned this but I couldn't find it.

With this change, I find excal and umbra not as great to play, and I hope this gets changed back.  I've seen others mentioning this concern here.

36 minutes ago, BoinksNitely said:

With this change, I find excal and umbra not as great to play, and I hope this gets changed back.  I've seen others mentioning this concern here.

I mean, I understand the frustration with the capacity dropping due to the loss of stance bonus, but you can just add the capacity back using forma. There's literally no difference in the way Excal (or any exalted weapon user) functions so I guess I'm unsure how this change made the character "not as great to play"?

18 minutes ago, Lannen said:

I mean, I understand the frustration with the capacity dropping due to the loss of stance bonus, but you can just add the capacity back using forma.

Forma don't add capacity but semantics aside, there are certain expensive builds that simply cannot be fit within 60 slots even if all slots were polarised, builds that would otherwise be perfectly doable or easier on forma if there was additional 10 capacity from stances to work with.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

5 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Forma don't add capacity but semantics aside, there are certain expensive builds that simply cannot be fit within 60 slots even if you had all slots forma'd. Builds that would otherwise be perfectly doable or easier on forma.

You reduce the cost of a mod by half and thus gain back half of its capacity...you knew what I meant, don't be pedantic. 

And what build you are trying to put on an exalted blade that couldn't fit with all slots formaed? My Umbra doesn't have all slots formaed and can still fit every build I've put on his blade easily. 

Yeah I'd like the 'extra 10' slot space on exalted melee's too, I've got a couple of builds where I'd love to be able to use both sacrificial mods but I can't quite fit them in when I consider other mods so end up just using the non sacrificial version, which ends up meaning I can't get the bonus damage/crit chance etc.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I'd like the 'extra 10' slot space on exalted melee's too, I've got a couple of builds where I'd love to be able to use both sacrificial mods but I can't quite fit them in when I consider other mods so end up just using the non sacrificial version, which ends up meaning I can't get the bonus damage/crit chance etc.

And THAT might be the very reason.  Something to think about.  

40 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And THAT might be the very reason.  Something to think about.  

The sacrificial mods are actually weaker (except the crit one strangely) than the normal primed versions unless you're against a 'sentient' so very use case specific or preparing for tau system.

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The sacrificial mods are actually weaker (except the crit one strangely) than the normal primed versions unless you're against a 'sentient' so very use case specific or preparing for tau system.

You and I both know that, but try to tell the "Meta" heads this.  😀 

2 hours ago, Lannen said:

You reduce the cost of a mod by half and thus gain back half of its capacity...you knew what I meant, don't be pedantic. 

And what build you are trying to put on an exalted blade that couldn't fit with all slots formaed? My Umbra doesn't have all slots formaed and can still fit every build I've put on his blade easily. 

Well, if Melee 3.0 makes Life Strike useless, I won't be able to fit in Healing Return without losing DPS or removing Umbral polarities and killing my alternative anti-Sentient build. Those 10 points will definitely come in handy.

AUCotRl.jpg

Edited by Ksaero

Well the main problem I see there is you SHOULD be running Sacrificial Mods in Umbra's blade, Berzerker is better than Fury especially with Sacrificial Steel in, and that pretty much fixes your problems. PLUS, that build you're using actually does fit with 1 capacity remaining, using the argument that maybe possibly in a nebulous future update Life Strike could change and you'd need to run something else means nothing in regards to the current system as it functions. You can't base a current judgement on something that MIGHT happen in a POSSIBLE change while simultaneously assuming they wouldn't in turn make some other change that would lessen the impact of the first completely assumed change. 

10 minutes ago, Lannen said:

Well the main problem I see there is you SHOULD be running Sacrificial Mods in Umbra's blade, Berzerker is better than Fury especially with Sacrificial Steel in, and that pretty much fixes your problems. PLUS, that build you're using actually does fit with 1 capacity remaining, using the argument that maybe possibly in a nebulous future update Life Strike could change and you'd need to run something else means nothing in regards to the current system as it functions. You can't base a current judgement on something that MIGHT happen in a POSSIBLE change while simultaneously assuming they wouldn't in turn make some other change that would lessen the impact of the first completely assumed change. 

Look, it's just your opinion. I'm just showing you that these 10 points matter. Not sure why you're so against them, especially considering they should've been here in the first place.

Edited by Ksaero

5 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Look, it's just your opinion. I'm just showing you that these 10 points matter. Not sure why you're so against it, especially considering this is how it should've been in the first place.

See, you misunderstand. I'm not against it, all I said in my initial post was that I don't see how the change makes the frame(s) any less fun to play as the OP stated. All currently viable builds work with the current system as it is, so I don't understand how the character is less fun. That post was responded to with the erroneous claim that there are builds that don't fit even with all slots polarized, which I absolutely refuse to believe there is a viable build with no better alternative that just can't fit on the blade.

I do agree that melee weapons should get their stance bonus back just for the sake of consistency, but it's not necessary to make the character work and work well. So I'm in no way "against" them having the extra 10 points, I'm against false claims and unnecessary alarmist fear-mongering. 

Edited by Lannen

4 hours ago, Lannen said:

4 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Forma don't add capacity but semantics aside,

4 hours ago, Lannen said:

Well it by definition has to fit every build you put into it.

Some extremely niche builds that utilize 14-16 capacity mods in all slots, surely they might not be meta and all that viable overall but they aren't possible to do on at least some Exalted weapons while they are perfectly doable on classic melee and at lesser cost to that. It's especially bad with Umbra Blade and two Umbra polarities. *cough The Sacrifice cough*

Edited by JuicyButthurt

I can see why there's frustration. The forma costs for a completed build are massive, which I thinkfor a beginner who picks Excalibur is gonna give a bad impression on the grind. He should discover that much later lol

Those 10 capacity would help return a forma or 2, or maybe even help you with 3 or 4 depending on the needed build. There was a lot lost with this change amd not many gained. Passive synergies gone with only a minor benefit of having separate melee weapon have its own use. Forma is very costly on it. The 10 capacity would not help as much as say free polarities, but it wouldn't feel as cheated.

Maybe I'm just salty when i look at my proposed builds and then look at my forma inventory lol

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Well, if Melee 3.0 makes Life Strike useless, I won't be able to fit in Healing Return without losing DPS or removing Umbral polarities and killing my alternative anti-Sentient build. Those 10 points will definitely come in handy.

AUCotRl.jpg

Why both Primed Fury and Berserker?  Not making a comment for or against.  Just curious as to the reason. 

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Very fast swings, status procs more often.

Or you could drop Berserker for a 60/60 mod and still have both speed and more status.  While also using less mod points.  

That is unless the ramp up for berserker on Exalted Blade is extremely fast.  I'm just using normal melee as my reference due to not playing Excal much myself.  

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or you could drop Berserker for a 60/60 mod and still have both speed and more status.  While also using less mod points.  

That is unless the ramp up for berserker on Exalted Blade is extremely fast.  I'm just using normal melee as my reference due to not playing Excal much myself.  

Well, I tried so many builds, ended up with the one that suits my playstyle best.

It's great how everyone is using excal umbra to say 60 is enough when it's not the only one that has an exalted weapon.  It is however the only one with umbral polarities, that makes a big difference, that's 16 capacity less than any other frame using the same build (not saying all will use same obviously).