Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Khora grind: four problems

Enialyx

Hello!

I've now played the Sanctuary Onslaught for Khora parts maybe ~30 times. Here's my opinion of the problems:

1. Only about 10% of times the group actually stays up to round 8.
    1. This is unlike trying to get any other frame. With other frames that require a rotation C reward, players stay until it, because the mission has no other incentive. E.g. you go to Infested Salvage for Nidus, nothing else. SO, on the other hand, is a good place to level up frames and weapons fast. As a result, players join with low-level equipment and can't last until rot C.
  2. Recruiting for Khora grind is difficult.
    1. This is imo because it requires a far bigger time investment than with other frames. Playing up to rot C reward takes 20 minutes, but a grind group isn't recruited for just one go. The expectation is at least 3 gos, which means an hour.
  3. There are significant connection problems.
    1. Per my experience, about 1/3 of the gos have a host migration. This effectively cuts drop chances into 1/3.
  4. The drop chances are very low.
    1. This exacerbates all upper problems. A 5,64% bp/systems dropchance turns to 0,564% dropchance per go, as you reach there only 10% of the times. This is then cut to 1/3 because of host migrations, leading to 0,188% dropchance for systems and bp each per go. By pure addition, this means 532 gos for both parts - a frustrating prospect most def.

I don't know the solution to this, but a great start would be to differentiate SO for Khora and for leveling up weapons. E.g. add SO type, where there's no exit until after rot 8. This won't fix host migrations, though, but it would be far more than just 1/10 of the groups playing to rot 8.

1: Some people are just joining SO solely to level their weapons/warframes (weapons only for ESO since it requires a maxed frame to enter). They get their junk maxed, they leave right at that point. That, or server migration.

2: Go public and hope for the best is what I did. As long as everyone is kitted out well and there's one proficient nuker team composition won't really matter that much.

3: Nothing we can do about that.

4: Best thing to do is to approach this from a psychological angle, and play just to level up your junk, NOT to come in with hopes and expectations of getting khora parts. RNG always seems to notice when you want to get something and lowers the chance further.

Solution: The only one you can truly rely on is yourself. Master playing SO to rotation C (and after that, ESO) on solo mode.

Do you have a dedicate onslaught setup, and what's your preferred frame?

26 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

This is unlike trying to get any other frame. With other frames that require a rotation C reward, players stay until it, because the mission has no other incentive. E.g. you go to Infested Salvage for Nidus, nothing else. SO, on the other hand, is a good place to level up frames and weapons fast. As a result, players join with low-level equipment and can't last until rot C.

It's actually a good thing that you can level gear while farming SO for Khora. Exactly as Nidus, Octavia or Harrow farming: you have to get to rotation C of Infested Salvage, ODS or Defection to have a change to get certain BP. By the way Harrow farming is way worse: you need decent party to do it effectively; SO can be easily farmed solo with exactly same time to get to rotation C.

35 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

Recruiting for Khora grind is difficult.

1. This is imo because it requires a far bigger time investment than with other frames. Playing up to rot C reward takes 20 minutes, but a grind group isn't recruited for just one go. The expectation is at least 3 gos, which means an hour.

You've never recruited for Harrow farm, haven't you?

38 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

There are significant connection problems.

1. Per my experience, about 1/3 of the gos have a host migration. This effectively cuts drop chances into 1/3.

Connection problems have nothing to do with Khora. Howl all you want, it won't fix bad connection.

40 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

The drop chances are very low.

1. This exacerbates all upper problems. A 5,64% bp/systems dropchance turns to 0,564% dropchance per go, as you reach there only 10% of the times. This is then cut to 1/3 because of host migrations, leading to 0,188% dropchance for systems and bp each per go. By pure addition, this means 532 gos for both parts - a frustrating prospect most def.

Increasing drop chances won't do any good: the faster player gets Khora, the faster one stops playing SO.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Phase 1- get 81p

Phase 2- pray to RNG you'll get a 75% coupon

Phase 3-???

Phase 4- profit!

Only works on Console.

Here on PC it's the platinum itself that gets the discount. Better for those who have money, but useless for those who only get platinum through trade.

7 hours ago, Syasob said:

Increasing drop chances won't do any good: the faster player gets Khora, the faster one stops playing SO.

If a single item is the only reason players would play a piece of content, it means the content is poorly made and needs to be fixed.

A game dev should never put only one incentive in a game/game mode/game area.

SO is now only used for leveling frames or by the people who didn't farm Khora in the first week. You won't find anyone who can run it well hanging out there as there is zero reward. They've all gone to ESO.  

ESO is good for Vandal parts and radiant relics. Also good for leveling weapons while you're there and as a moderate focus farm.

Harrow is farmable solo no problem. If you go solo, only three Kavor per group spawn and one group at any given time, which makes it very easy to do. That's how I did it, got Harrow after a couple of days worth of farming.

I got really lucky with Khorra, got all parts during the first week, after only like a dozen or so runs. She is absolutely terrible to farm, if you want her its legitimately a lot less effort to do vault runs until you make enough plat to just buy her in the shop. Has I not been as lucky as I ended up being, that's what I would have done.