The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Riven Slots Cap PLS

HeartPurity

11 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

I'm glad you like it. That why I can add to that pool with my useful advice: dissolve the extra rivens for endo or sell them cheap and buy some cosmetics like standing positions for different frames with that. Those you can collect.

I have maybe 18 rivens and don't need any more. Ok maybe for 3-4 more weapons to give me a little versatility. I'm a collector mentality too but don't see the point of collecting rivens, you'd just end up with way too many and to max them all? Geez.

If rivens are the only thing left to collect for you and you have over 80 of them, you might wanna consider moving on to another game and checking back here regularly for new content. That's what I'd do unless I had friends here. Might as well focus on helping them instead of rivens, that's what I do already even though I've not collected half the stuff here.

So because i want to keep my rivens i should stop playing the game lol. I dont understand why people think they get to decide how people should enjoy games. Also how does adding more riven slots hurt you?

On 2018-09-05 at 11:09 AM, Walkampf said:

Oh, look, the obligatory videogame developer, who as hacked into XYZs company network and thus knows their sourcecode better than the company itself.

or maybe i actually do understand what i'm talking about unlike some fools who only want to troll a thread. learn about database storage methods, do some math, read the available price information of dataspace-provider (you can actually get the name if the one DE is renting simply via a simple windows console command) and then present some results that proves me wrong. no secret knowledge required, only a few minutes of you time if you have half a brain to find all the infos.

On 2018-09-05 at 9:07 AM, 404.NameNoTFound said:

And get your aggressive attitude out of here, ty.

hmm, maybe you should learn first what "aggressive attitude" means - if i would mob the floor with your face (in a manner of speaking or for real), that would be an "aggressive attitude" - nothing of the like in my post, though...

vor 8 Stunden schrieb fr4gb4ll:

or maybe i actually do understand what i'm talking about

As the 'maybe' clearly indicates, yes, this is a possibility. Be it ever so small, but yes, you are right, MAYBE you understand what you are talking about.

Then again, since your forum-account is not marked as beeing DE Staff...

But oh well, oh well, at least the chance is still there, isn't it?

On 2018-09-05 at 10:20 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Things like this make me imagine the DE staff living in perpetual poverty and nearly bankrupt.

It sounds like warframe is one of those just started early access survival games made by a handful of hobby programmers, not like an actual growing and highly profiting game whats can be considered an AAA product.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-07 at 4:16 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

It sounds like warframe is one of those just started early access survival games made by a handful of hobby programmers, not like an actual growing and highly profiting game whats can be considered an AAA product.

Exactly, but shills always try to shame people for daring to ask for stuff on the game they kind of like.

Yea, one should really be completely clueless about data storage to believe the whole storage space limitations nonsense tbh.
From the top of my head, each Riven has the following stats:

Unique Mod ID (int or long int)
Owner account ID (int or long int)
Display name: generated from stats by the game itself thus no storage required.
Applicable weapon ID (int)
Mastery Rank (int)
Current level (int)
Polarity (likely ID)
Revealed? (bool)

Stat 1 ID (int)
Stat 2 ID (int)
Stat 3 ID (int)
Stat Negative ID (int)
Stat 1 value (float?)
Stat 2 value (float?)
Stat 3 value (float?)
Stat Negative value (float?)

Even if you store all of the above in plain text rather than proper variables and such, you get a total of about... ~110 bytes. In the impossible event where every account holds 90 rivens, they would approx. take 110*90*28*10^6 / (1024^3) =~ 258.16 GB space. While also costing a total of 28*10^6*75*20 = 42 000 000 000 aka 42 BILLION plat or, at 75% off, 525 MILLION dollars. For not even 300 GB storage.

That said, more Riven space plz.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

Rivens are the closest things to end-game rewards that other games have, such as Diablo and WoW where you keep doing end-game content to get the perfect roll on the item you are looking for a specific build. This is why some people want more slots as they can try to make more end-game builds. I have every item on console right now in my inventory with each one potato'd and forma'd. Rivens can make each of my builds even better, if I could get one for every weapon.

That said, I believe DE's issue with more and more Rivens is not the storage, but the bandwidth. They could always have a local file during play time that would a player's Rivens so that they are not hitting the db constantly for their Rivens, but the numbers in-mission are from the db's copy. Only the server would make changes to the Rivens themselves if they did this, and the client would only need to update the local copy when changes are made (obtaining, unveiling, upgrading, trading, dissolving, transmitting, or rolling), which would only affect specific Rivens would hit the db. No longer would opening the Mod Station go to the Riven db. Just my two cents as I believe the storage is a non-issue even if a single Riven was a couple of kilobytes each. Terabytes are cheap nowadays.