Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE Ember Rework: Fun and Powerful

(PSN)LoisGordils

After reading through other Ember threads and gathering inspiration from various player's great ideas (and my own), I decided to make yet another rework thread.

Passive: Ember has a constant, small heat aura around her that will deal constant damage to nearby enemies and add Heat damage to her melee attacks. Heat damage over time (that is say, Heat status effects) will build up the "Overheat" meter. The hotter Ember is, the stronger her abilities are while also boosting the aura's damage.

Abilities:

1. Fireball: Remove that extremely clunky charge up mechanic (horrible for controler users) and make the full charge the base ability effect (in what scenario would you not want to fully charge Fireball?). Now, you tap for Fireball or hold (not charge, btw) for a duration based, cone-shaped stream of flames. One is a long range AoE with high crit, the other is a short range, status-heavy CC. This ability, to give it some scaling potential, will make use of melee weapon mods; similar to other first abilities (Gara, Khora, Atlas and so on). Overheat passive increases damage.

2. Accelerant: Every Ember player (good ones any way) will agree that this is her best ability (especially with the augment). The only change now is that it will strengthen and prolong Heat procs (helping her build up her passive) and will cause these to spread to other enemies coated by the accelerant when they come into close proximity with an enemy.

3. Fireblast: The ability will now grant damage reduction (in addition to the Heat damage buff) to any ally standing inside the ring. Overheat passive now dictates the intensity of the Heat damage buff as well as the radius. Casting Accelerant inside the ring will cause it to explode, dealing all of its remaining damage in an AoE (similar to how Oberon's Hallowed Eruption augment works) as Blast (giving her some variety).

4. World on Fire: When first cast, Ember begins emitting copious amounts of heat. The hotter she was before activation (via Overheat passive), the stronger the skill will be initially. The "heat wave" is an AoE aura that follows Ember (kinda like her passive on steroids) that will grow in intensity and range for every enemy killed while under the effects of a Heat proc. The ability has a cap in range (make it relatively small, so as to avoid abuse), but not in damage and any enemy within will receive heavy Heat damage. For every X amount of damage attained, the cost of maintaining the skill goes up by 0.1 energy. That is to say, every time Ember passes a 500 damage threshold, the skill becomes more expensive to sustain. Upon deactivation, Ember gains a status chance buff relative to the amount of heat given off during World on Fire. 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I have always wanted damage reduction in her Fireblast to bring back her Overheat, so this is going well.

All in all, I definitely love this and want it now. The only thing I would add is self-heating on charged Fireball shots to build on her passive, and maybe keep her current passive for more synergy.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Every Ember player (good ones any way)

While i dread an ember on my team, i agree that embers who use this is pretty good at ember, and when i tested out ember to see if she was worth it i used this a lot {Don't judge me i am still terrible at ember, and still dread her)

20 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Upon deactivation, Ember gains a status chance buff relative to the amount of heat given off during World on Fire.

I notice a lot of embers {at least the ones i played with on random missions} do not really use this small passive for her 4th.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The hotter Ember is

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just now, ShinTechG said:

Huh? Sorry i must have missed something. What does this mean?

I sorta dislike ember when they use WoF a lot (You can see that a bit in my comment above yours) and now that it is viable for higher levels then yikes for me.

Just now, shocker53 said:

I sorta dislike ember when they use WoF a lot (You can see that a bit in my comment above yours) and now that it is viable for higher levels then yikes for me.

Ah. Well IMO, range is her weakness right now. Even if Ember players build for it, that will just be a waste on high levels vs other options. So for high level/endgame stuff, if you are not competing with Ember in Melee range, you'll be all good lol