Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Mind Control on Defense Missions

Barns

It's possible to mod Nyx for a lot of additional duration and repeatedly mind control an enemy in order to prevent co-op allies from progressing in the mission. I suggest the ability should be changed to only provide damage reduction, and not immunity, from "friendly fire" while mind controlled, since this can be quite frustrating.

So essentially make Nyx's powers even more useless. Mind Control is very useful with having some extra firepower especially for the higher-leveled sponges, it's really just a matter of the Nyx forgetting to use the power again to disable it.

I'd rather keep them invulnerable, especially while we have meta cheese in the game that instakill most things with a single press of a button.

Why not just have enemies that are "enthralled" (Mind Control, Parasitic Link, etc) not count as an enemy in situations like these?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Pizzarugi:

I'd rather keep them invulnerable, especially while we have meta cheese in the game that instakill most things with a single press of a button.

Why not just have enemies that are "enthralled" (Mind Control, Parasitic Link, etc) not count as an enemy in situations like these?

Basically this.

Seen it on Bursas atleast in interception that a hacked one not vanishes with the timer.

3 minutes ago, Barns said:

Maybe, but I'm talking about the potential for actual malfeasance against other players in public lobbies, which just now happened to me and prompted me to make this thread.

Can't see why my suggestion wouldn't fix that. 😛

Nyx keeps her mind controlled target, Nidus keeps his parasitic thrall, the mission continues as normal because it doesn't count them as being enemies. It's just one less thing trolls have power over.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

Can't see why my suggestion wouldn't fix that. 😛

Nyx keeps her mind controlled target, Nidus keeps his parasitic thrall, the mission continues as normal because it doesn't count them as being enemies.

Then by all means, I'm all for it. I'm only doing my part by bringing attention to something that needs to be fixed.

I would really like mind control targets to not count as enemies for this very reason, as Pizzarugi suggested. I have a duration centric Nyx, but cant normally make full use of the duration during interceptions or defenses because of this (Or keep a specific unit that I like alive and just refresh the mind control again and again to keep it around, IE a Bursa, since you HAVE to end the control and kill it to progress).

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

For some reason, I thought it delayed the damage until mind control ran out. When the counter ran out or disabled, the target then "received" the damage it took. Sorry, been awhile since I've used her, but I remember something along these lines while using her

This is the case, unless there's been a change that I haven't seen. The second you use Mind Control again, assuming you did enough damage to it, it should drop dead.